Punching through grommet in passenger side

Met215

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Wrangler JL
I am trying to install Oracle Sidetrack lights, and was successful on driver side with the grommet that pops right out. Having HUGE issues trying to get through passenger side grommet. SO scared Ill hit a wire. Any suggestions??
2020JL WIllys

B6ADD8F2-9295-4F88-92C8-6602A60EEB66.jpeg
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I paid the local shop. If they messed it up they would have to fix it.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Are you revering to the one way up under the passenger side fire wall under the dash?
If so i just ran some S-Tech switch light cable through it the other day. Yes it is a real pain. From the inside you have to use a small razor knife and cut a small slit just to the left of the cable bundle. Now out side remove the front passenger tire. Remove to two bottom Christmas tree plugs on the bottom of the fender mine broke. Pull the fender liner out a bit so you can look way up and see the wire bundling come through the fire wall and make a small cut in that grommet to the right of the cable bundle. I found mine had a grommet on both side. Go back inside and bend a coat hanger down a little and stick it through both hole so you can tape your wire to it. Give it a good wiggle and hard pull and they will come through. I used two black cable ties on the two Christmas tree plugs that broke to hold things together. Good luck.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
@Met215

Might be easier with an extra set of hands. Did mine last weekend with my brother. We first used our fingers to push on the grommet from inside the cabin and under the fender to make sure there wasn’t anything in between. Then, I took a long screwdriver from the fender side to press inward. After my brother confirmed there was nothing vital on the other side, I used the longest screwdriver I owned to puncture through (definitely required some force). We then took a coat hanger and followed the screwdriver back out (there was some wiggling) so the screwdriver could help keep the grommet from returning to form. Made a loop on the end sticking out the fender and taped the white wire to pull through. If you need additional clearance to work inside the cabin, loosen the four bolts of the passenger chair so you can move it backwards.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Met215

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Wrangler JL
Thanks everyone. Ended up pushing a clothes hanger (more force than I imagined) from inside cab to out, taping the wire on and pulling it back in. It just took more force than I really imagined.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Thanks everyone. Ended up pushing a clothes hanger (more force than I imagined) from inside cab to out, taping the wire on and pulling it back in. It just took more force than I really imagined.
I use a little piece of pex w wire in it....pretty easy, you don't have to drill,

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I heated an ice pick, and pushed it through. No cutting, no sharp edges . Then fished wire through when installing trailer tow harness (flat four) power wire

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I heated an ice pick, and pushed it through. No cutting, no sharp edges . Then fished wire through when installing trailer tow harness (flat four) power wire
any chance two zero gauge wires with nylon sheathing would fit through that?
Sponsored