Sponsored

Pump price shock - how high will it go [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS & VIOLATORS BANNED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
DwnSth

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
My rig sits in the garage all week long until my club decides to do a trail. My around town car is my 2014 Ford Focus BEV (full electric) that I charge from my solar panel array. While I only get 70 miles from a full charge, it's plenty of range to take care of daily errands around town and a full charge takes less than 3 hours to accomplish.
How large an array? Have been curious how many watts needed to get something like the 4xe charged.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
How large an array? Have been curious how many watts needed to get something like the 4xe charged.
12 amp charger at 120 is 1.4 kw minus loss. 17 kw battery. Minus charger loss.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Currently I’m at 4.44 for premium.

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
I have 64 Bosch/Aleo panels rated for 16,640 Watts-DC with two SMA America Inverters with 15kW-AC capacity. Operational since late 2013. Full off-grid capability. Break even should occur in within the next 18 months, though the system was never designed to support an EV, and I have never factored my EV into the payback analysis.

Sponsored

KingZo88

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 door
I drive 50 miles round trip for work...gonna need a second job just to afford going to
my first job! 😁✌
i drive about the same 45 miles round trip not including the driving i do for work. Good thing I have fun driving my jeep otherwise ill get an electric scooter 😂

KingZo88

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 door
The gas station by my house raised their price twice in a day. 4.15 in the morning then on my way home it was 4.45 LOL

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
We had one station that had diesel yesterday for $3.99 and this morning that same station was at $4.48. Crazy!

Ya gotta wonder how they justify that since most of the fuel in their storage tanks has been there for a week or better.
that depends on the stations volume. I owned 14 gas stations 10 years ago. 4 of them took deliveries daily

Sponsored

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
It is totally a rip. The war in Ukraine is a nice excuse, but the ones in power want us to electrify. We were energy independent not long ago, not so today. Just another shot to push that agenda. Time to stop being “woke” and become “awake”. End of rant-please dont lock the thread, I’m shutting up😏
You sound like a conspiracy theorist nut.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Glad I get good mpg but just paid the most ever at 4.09 and I'm in a relatively cheap fuel state.. Traveled last month in my Diesel MH and most I paid at truck lanes was 3.45 (always more than at the car pumps). Looks like they are really shooting for that $5/gal goal. Reg Unleaded was 3.90 and 93 was 4.25! Can't wait to fill the 100 gallons on the MH.
Well, as it turns out, if you shut down domestic drilling, enhance liabilities associated with shale and coal, eliminate a pipeline that moves fuel more economically, and elevate inflation to a 40 year high, fuel prices climb quickly. Is that surprising to anybody? Yep! For something like half of our country this is a completely unexpected and befuddling result.

The next step needed to push the fuel prices even higher is to stop buying Russian oil — which the U.S. didn’t need just a couple years ago.

Oil and gas prices are going to keep going up until all of the obvious influences driving it up are managed. Buckle up. It’s gonna be a bumpy and expensive ride.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.