Sponsored

Pump price shock - how high will it go [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS & VIOLATORS BANNED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Yea. My camry is getting heavily driven now, wrangler collecting dust. I wish I had an EV so i wouldnt feel so bad driving the jeep every now and then.
well my model Y was a disaster before u get too much of a wild hair
Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, 4xe
I have a 4xe and my Chevron stock is kicking ass!

Seriously, though, crude oil is about $2.40-$2.50 per gallon so it's pretty ugly.

tumal

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
My wife and I are planning on driving down to Jeep Beach from Mass this yearā€¦ heck itā€™s in like 58 days. We have been talking about not making the trip due to gas prices.
Covid restrictions are easing up but with gas prices who wants to go anywhereā€¦

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Gas prices shouldnā€™t keep you from having fun, for most of us itā€™s still a relatively small amount of the budget. Maybe take some back roads and keep it at 55-60. Half the fun is getting there.

Sponsored

Glovetown

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
The forecast is diesel will be above $5 by end of month on average; and 87 around the same. 93 octane likely $6 or so.

In Canada they have similar; they just hit a new record for fuel prices.

Not going to get better for awhile. I am not looking forward to RV season - the 7.3L gets 13mpg and 100 gallon tank.... A $500 fill up????
Just hit 1.85L for my 2.0 in Alberta. We refine it and still get jacked

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If I didnā€™t have two newer gas guzzlers Iā€™d be excited. Remember the used truck prices in 08-09?

Figure my Ramā€™s about to be worth half what it is now by end of the year. But maybe I can add a cheap Power Wgaon to the fleet.

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
My rig sits in the garage all week long until my club decides to do a trail. My around town car is my 2014 Ford Focus BEV (full electric) that I charge from my solar panel array. While I only get 70 miles from a full charge, it's plenty of range to take care of daily errands around town and a full charge takes less than 3 hours to accomplish.

DGT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel, Ford Excursion,Volvo XC70
Gas prices shouldnā€™t keep you from having fun
If you own a boat, you will feel these increases and it will impact many peoples ability to ā€œhave funā€. Same if you own a 7 mpg RV or tow a big trailer.

And wait until these fuel price increases funnel through to all of our food costs. Give it a couple of weeks. Itā€™s going to get uglier:mad:

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If you own a boat, you will feel these increases and it will impact many peoples ability to ā€œhave funā€. Same if you own a 7 mpg RV or tow a big trailer.

And wait until these fuel price increases funnel through to all of our food costs. Give it a couple of weeks. Itā€™s going to get uglier:mad:
Damn, I didnā€™t think about the boat. You guys are depressing me now.

Reactions: DGT

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
We had one station that had diesel yesterday for $3.99 and this morning that same station was at $4.48. Crazy!

Ya gotta wonder how they justify that since most of the fuel in their storage tanks has been there for a week or better.

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
We have a class c motorhome with a v10 that gets 9mpg on a good day. Not looking forward to a summer of high gas prices at all.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
It is totally a rip. The war in Ukraine is a nice excuse, but the ones in power want us to electrify. We were energy independent not long ago, not so today. Just another shot to push that agenda. Time to stop being ā€œwokeā€ and become ā€œawakeā€. End of rant-please dont lock the thread, Iā€™m shutting upšŸ˜
Either shut yourself up or be censored by the thread being shut down! Excellent Choice!! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.