Pulsar XT for 2.0L Available Now

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Installed mine yesterday, pretty straightforward. Found a new way to easily disconnect the sensors with a pick (pop up the white tab end and with the pick lift up the other end so it disengages the sensor).

Not getting any of the dump and surge at 50mph, pretty smooth throughout. Feeling a lot more pep and response than before. Definitely a nice upgrade.
Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine yesterday, pretty straightforward. Found a new way to easily disconnect the sensors with a pick (pop up the white tab end and with the pick lift up the other end so it disengages the sensor).

Not getting any of the dump and surge at 50mph, pretty smooth throughout. Feeling a lot more pep and response than before. Definitely a nice upgrade.
Spoke too soon. Weirdly getting dump and surge from a standing stop starting at Lvl 3 up to 5. Perfectly fine Stock to Level 2. Started happening last night when it was around 20F outside. I've had the Pulsar installed for about a week and no problems prior. Going to dig into it wonder if the cold is causing it or something else but may need some tech support on this.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager ā€“ Domestic Tuning at Holley
Spoke too soon. Weirdly getting dump and surge from a standing stop starting at Lvl 3 up to 5. Perfectly fine Stock to Level 2. Started happening last night when it was around 20F outside. I've had the Pulsar installed for about a week and no problems prior. Going to dig into it wonder if the cold is causing it or something else but may need some tech support on this.
How cold is it?
We've tested this quite a bit in Utah and thus far cold hasn't been an issue.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How cold is it?
We've tested this quite a bit in Utah and thus far cold hasn't been an issue.
Symptoms:
From dead stop mashing the peddle more than 50% the Jeep will launch then sputter then lurch and go. Sounds like the turbo is struggling. No apparent issues when at speed full throttle.

About 18F but I think that was a false lead. Propagated to happening at stock and all levels eventually. I checked for any air leaks or other causes, didn't find anything. I unplugged the Pulsar to check for any damage and ran through the wiring and no problems. When I disconnected the battery to reset everything, things started behaving normally again.

Video - LEVEL 5 Power - 2018 JLUS 61k miles, new plugs, recent oil change, Mishi IC and CAI with DV+

This isn't at it's worst behavior, before the battery reset it sounded like the engine just died sometimes.

Sponsored

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Iā€™d be interested in the 4xe viability as well? Does this work on a 4xe 2.0? Any future plans for 4xe if not supported currently.?

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Symptoms:
From dead stop mashing the peddle more than 50% the Jeep will launch then sputter then lurch and go. Sounds like the turbo is struggling. No apparent issues when at speed full throttle.

About 18F but I think that was a false lead. Propagated to happening at stock and all levels eventually. I checked for any air leaks or other causes, didn't find anything. I unplugged the Pulsar to check for any damage and ran through the wiring and no problems. When I disconnected the battery to reset everything, things started behaving normally again.

Video - LEVEL 5 Power - 2018 JLUS 61k miles, new plugs, recent oil change, Mishi IC and CAI with DV+

This isn't at it's worst behavior, before the battery reset it sounded like the engine just died sometimes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you have similar mods to the other gentleman who was having the same issue, no?

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™d be interested in the 4xe viability as well? Does this work on a 4xe 2.0? Any future plans for 4xe if not supported currently.?
We did test on a 4Xe, and it didn't work 100% as expected. Its something we're still looking into.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you have similar mods to the other gentleman who was having the same issue, no?
Reading back they're only running Mishimoto's IC pipe as a mod.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Reading back they're only running Mishimoto's IC pipe as a mod.
I recall that the first customer removed the pipes and reported it got better, I need to follow up and see where this is at.

Sponsored

bdb5430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I recall that the first customer removed the pipes and reported it got better, I need to follow up and see where this is at.
That was me. I did put the stock charge pipe back on, but it didn't help much. What helped me was the GFB DV+. I have that and 37s now and I occasionally get a slight hesitation at full throttle 0-60 at power level 5. I'm not gunning it off the line very often, so I rarely experience the hesitation. The extra power from the Pulsar comes in handy, especially with the 37s.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was me. I did put the stock charge pipe back on, but it didn't help much. What helped me was the GFB DV+. I have that and 37s now and I occasionally get a slight hesitation at full throttle 0-60 at power level 5. I'm not gunning it off the line very often, so I rarely experience the hesitation. The extra power from the Pulsar comes in handy, especially with the 37s.
I've got both but maybe the CAI makes it worse, seems like "unplugging and plugging" my Jeep did the trick for now. Definitely very nice at speed but concerns me stalling if perhaps I want to slide into a hole in traffic and get quickly into the flow or need to get out of the way of something.

Seems like more testing needs to be done with engine mods? I'm more inclined to return it or sell it to someone than remove everything else...

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've got both but maybe the CAI makes it worse, seems like "unplugging and plugging" my Jeep did the trick for now. Definitely very nice at speed but concerns me stalling if perhaps I want to slide into a hole in traffic and get quickly into the flow or need to get out of the way of something.

Seems like more testing needs to be done with engine mods? I'm more inclined to return it or sell it to someone than remove everything else...
Testing across various aftermarket mods is difficult at best. I've reach out to our team to look further into this and see what we may be able to do.

Thanks

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur

My understanding is the factory torque limiting is the likely cause. The JB4 guys have been fighting similar hesitations. The only way around the torque limiting is an unlocked pcm and full tune. Our td3 has no hesitations even on the 93 octane tune and shaved a full half second off 0-60 times vs the stock tune. One of these days I'll upgrade the intake and bov, but haven't got around to it yet. The tune definitely makes the jeep more fun to drive.

bdb5430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
My understanding is the factory torque limiting is the likely cause. The JB4 guys have been fighting similar hesitations. The only way around the torque limiting is an unlocked pcm and full tune. Our td3 has no hesitations even on the 93 octane tune and shaved a full half second off 0-60 times vs the stock tune. One of these days I'll upgrade the intake and bov, but haven't got around to it yet. The tune definitely makes the jeep more fun to drive.
I think thatā€™s the issue as well. Iā€™m going to go with a full tune once one is available for the ā€˜21. It looks like Eurocompulsion will be the first to market since I havenā€™t seen updates for the Flashpaq in a while.
Sponsored