GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I can definitely say I do not recommend the 2018 Jeep Wrangler to anyone. I have had to have a transmission switch and seal replaced, I have had a blue screen instead of my backup camera several times, and found my Jeep this morning with a puddle in the passenger side. The door and window was shut, and I have never taken the top off. All within 600 to 1000 miles on the odometer. Others have had frame weld problems with their 2018 Wranglers. I am not impressed. It is a shame because the redesigned Jeep rides so much better and quieter. FCA needs to look at their basic standards and quality control. This year's model has been an embarrassment to the Jeep name.

IMG_20181011_075750.jpg
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Too bad. Sell the thing and move on.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
That's definitely on the table.
I have been lucky so far with mine. But I hear you. I have had many cars with outstanding reliability, so I got a very short fuse for it.
I’ve said it before, the wrangler will let me stranded only once!! Cross my fingers lol.

OP
OP
GGguy77

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have been lucky so far with mine. But I hear you. I have had many cars with outstanding reliability, so I got a very short fuse for it.
I’ve said it before, the wrangler will let me stranded only once!! Cross my fingers lol.
My 2006 Scion XB has over 150k on it, sitting right next to my 2018 Jeep. The Scion has never leaked. Haha Yeah looks like I may have a lemon. That might be why the dealer had it parked under a tree...they may have known it leaked...haha

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Hurricane Michael?

Water leak from top or somewhere else? Soft top or hard top?

Is it water or coolant?

OP
OP
GGguy77

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hard top. Middle GA. We just got wind and rain. All other kinds of vehicles around mine, some 15 to 20 years old, only mine leaked, and only at that door area. Back seat passenger side was fine. Front seat was wet, door frame wet, and you see the puddle. Came from top.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I can definitely say I do not recommend the 2018 Jeep Wrangler to anyone. I have had to have a transmission switch and seal replaced, I have had a blue screen instead of my backup camera several times, and found my Jeep this morning with a puddle in the passenger side. The door and window was shut, and I have never taken the top off. All within 600 to 1000 miles on the odometer. Others have had frame weld problems with their 2018 Wranglers. I am not impressed. It is a shame because the redesigned Jeep rides so much better and quieter. FCA needs to look at their basic standards and quality control. This year's model has been an embarrassment to the Jeep name.

IMG_20181011_075750.jpg
That sucks man. Have you ever had the freedom top panels out? I only have a soft top but I read where some hard too owners were getting excessive wind noise that turned out to be a result of them not seating the panels back correctly after taking g them off. Could be that you, or the dealer/factory/etc.., didn't set it back correctly and left a gap in the seal.

OP
OP
GGguy77

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks man. Have you ever had the freedom top panels out? I only have a soft top but I read where some hard too owners were getting excessive wind noise that turned out to be a result of them not seating the panels back correctly after taking g them off. Could be that you, or the dealer/factory/etc.., didn't set it back correctly and left a gap in the seal.
Haven't touched them.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Well, as long as it is already wet... Take a water hose and see if you can duplicate the leak to see exactly where it is leaking from.
Sponsored