Sponsored

Public Service Announcement for Buyers With a Trade

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Don't wait until the last minute to look for the title of your trade-in. I was going to wait until the night before pickup to gather everything, but had a nagging feeling yesterday. Didn't know why.

Found 5 of our 6 titles within minutes.....but guess which one wasn't there? The one I needed. 4 hours of searching and nothing. Hopefully I can get a replacement title in time......Ugh.
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I've traded without a title before. The dealership has the means to request a replacement title. You'll have to sign a piece of paper and may have to pay for the replacement cost.
Ask the dealer you plan to trade with as I'm only assuming most dealers will do this.

Deleted member 59498

Yeah they do the same thing when they transfer and request new title. Power of Attorney I think?

Sponsored

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Don't wait until the last minute to look for the title of your trade-in. I was going to wait until the night before pickup to gather everything, but had a nagging feeling yesterday. Didn't know why.

Found 5 of our 6 titles within minutes.....but guess which one wasn't there? The one I needed. 4 hours of searching and nothing. Hopefully I can get a replacement title in time......Ugh.
I am sure glad we don‘t have to deal with titles here. They sound like a pain.

OP
OP
Shark01

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've traded without a title before. The dealership has the means to request a replacement title. You'll have to sign a piece of paper and may have to pay for the replacement cost.
Ask the dealer you plan to trade with as I'm only assuming most dealers will do this.
Nope, my dealer said no

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
That’s rough, might be a Texas thing tho. I have traded a few in missing paperwork and the dealers adds the “lost title” form to the stack of paper to sign
Maybe a Texas thing. I live in Louisiana but made the trade in Texas without a title.
I would think dealers in any state could do it so it might be a dealer thing?

OP
OP
Shark01

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a Texas thing. I live in Louisiana but made the trade in Texas without a title.
I would think dealers in any state could do it so it might be a dealer thing?
I took it as a Louisiana thing, as I live in Texas but buying a car in Lake Charles

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
It's crazy. Spent weeks looking for mine and still never found the damn thing. Not in the safes, not in the filing cabinet, not with the other titles, not with the random receipts, bill of sale and other paperwork for that vehicle.

100% positive I received it right after getting the letter from the bank when it was paid off, but shit just disappeared or my brain figured out the perfect hiding spot, where I knew it would be safe and easy to find when needed 🤔

Shit. Speaking of which, I'm now trying to remember where I put the new one.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I took it as a Louisiana thing, as I live in Texas but buying a car in Lake Charles
My bad - I only saw Houston on your profile.

Still given how hungry the typical dealership is I am surprised they didn't want to assist this for you.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs

Deleted member 59498

Yeah getting a title replaced should be painless as long as you have proof. At least here it is.

OP
OP
Shark01

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's crazy. Spent weeks looking for mine and still never found the damn thing. Not in the safes, not in the filing cabinet, not with the other titles, not with the random receipts, bill of sale and other paperwork for that vehicle.

100% positive I received it right after getting the letter from the bank when it was paid off, but shit just disappeared or my brain figured out the perfect hiding spot, where I knew it would be safe and easy to find when needed 🤔

Shit. Speaking of which, I'm now trying to remember where I put the new one.
Yep, looked everywhere I could think of….no dice
Sponsored