Sponsored

PSC hydraulic assist upgrade

gridsquares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I put my ram in the direction from yours. wonder which way is better. Already had to flip the lines up top once. Hope I don’t have to do it anytime soon.
When you flipped the lines up top at the steering box for the assist, how’d you do that without losing fluid? I just made the rookie mistake tonight and will have to swap.
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
When you flipped the lines up top at the steering box for the assist, how’d you do that without losing fluid? I just made the rookie mistake tonight and will have to swap.
I captured it one or two of the bottles I filled it from. Unscrew it from the ram and drain it into the bottles until it stops, then unconnected from box.

you can get the fluid on Amazon. I would carry a quart or 2 and save the plugs in case something goes wrong on the trail, experience there too. LOL.

gridsquares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I captured it one or two of the bottles I filled it from. Unscrew it from the ram and drain it into the bottles until it stops, then unconnected from box.

you can get the fluid on Amazon. I would carry a quart or 2 and save the plugs in case something goes wrong on the trail, experience there too. LOL.
Thank you for the quick reply and for the pro tips! I’ll be sure to add it to the kit.

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just want to say that I am very disappointed with the PSC service
Before I purchased they were very kind in their answers and gave me their word that they fixed the noise problem in the system (sounds like AC noise or air leak noise)
And after I bought they do not respond at all
Of course, the noise problem still exists and is very annoying

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Just want to say that I am very disappointed with the PSC service
Before I purchased they were very kind in their answers and gave me their word that they fixed the noise problem in the system (sounds like AC noise or air leak noise)
And after I bought they do not respond at all
Of course, the noise problem still exists and is very annoying
Yep I tried warning people. It is the worst. Other than their actual pump the rest of the products they use in their kit is junk. Once they have your money they are awful. We had to actually buy and install an aftermarket quality cooler because theirs failed and they wouldn’t stand behind it. Had a leaking hose fitting as well. I would never buy a PSC product ever.
Sorry to hear you had the same awful experience.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I was planning on doing a psc conversion just to try it out but after all the quality and after purchase problems I’ve read here don’t think so. Does any other after market company make such a product you guys know of. Thanks.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was planning on doing a psc conversion just to try it out but after all the quality and after purchase problems I’ve read here don’t think so. Does any other after market company make such a product you guys know of. Thanks.
I do not but I would stay away from PSC.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I think it’s a good quality kit. You need to innovate or contact BL jeep for a mount for use with after market tie rods, and I have a little interference with mine. The stock steering got so terrible, psc was a stellar upgrade for me.

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I think it’s a good quality kit. You need to innovate or contact BL jeep for a mount for use with after market tie rods, and I have a little interference with mine. The stock steering got so terrible, psc was a stellar upgrade for me.

For the avoidance of doubt
The product is high quality and has no competitors
The problem is that the service they provide is extremely poor
I and other members of this forum have noise issues
And there is no one to talk to

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

For the avoidance of doubt
The product is high quality and has no competitors
The problem is that the service they provide is extremely poor
I and other members of this forum have noise issues
And there is no one to talk to
For avoidance of doubt their product IS NOT high quality. Both the cooler and one of the hoses failed on mine.

On top of that their service is the worst in the business.

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone found a solution to the noise problem that is driving me crazy

RLJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I’m having the same noise problem in my 2019 JL has anyone found a solution? I’m not getting anywhere with PSC.

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any one else with the PSC having issues leaking at the bottom of the cooler? (non hydro assist version) We are having a hell of a time chasing a leak or should I say my mechanic is. He has had it now 3 times and we keep losing fluid at the cooler, assuming the connections.
I’m having a leak at the bottom of my reservoir. All the fittings are dry and the reservoir seems to be the culprit.

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I’m having the same noise problem in my 2019 JL has anyone found a solution? I’m not getting anywhere with PSC.
Hi
Any New?
Sponsored