Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I bought Bora - because of reputation. I ran spidertrax in my JK for 5 year without issue. I wanted to keep the factory wheels and they do indeed have pretty deep pockets. I’m running 1.25” with 1/8” to spare on a Recon.

mlhazim

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler JLU sports, GOLF GTI MK7, KIA OPTIMA
Vehicle Showcase
For these jeeps, I love spacers. They have a place for sure, wheels with the correct backspacing are ideal, but when installed correctly and using a quality product has allowed us to have terrific experiences with them.

As sheepjeep mentioned, and it might be the angle of the photo but if the factory studs are extended past the face of the spacer AT ALL that’s going to lead to issues guaranteed.

For everyone considering buying spacers, we use synergy and spidertrax only. On the early synergy 1 5/8” spacers, you had to grind the studs down. On the newer style 1 3/4” you no longer have to but still is good practice to double check.

Brett
unrelated! i saw your DP and i love your wheels, which wheels are those?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
unrelated! i saw your DP and i love your wheels, which wheels are those?
what’s a DP? The current wheels were running are KMC xd231

brett

Sponsored

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
I picked up these wheel spacers based on price while thinking "Hey, T6 Aluminum is T6 Aluminum. And how can they screw up pressing a lug bolt into a block of aluminum?"

Well... I was wrong. While driving home today, I noticed a vibration while turning left. A pretty strong one. I was close to home, so I slowed down and limped home. Did a quick look-around at the Jeep and found 3 LUGS had sheered off on the rear passenger side!!!

IMG_20200611_165029.jpg
IMG_20200611_165609.jpg
Glad to hear your OK. That's should always be a general rule of thumb. The cheapest product may not be worth it in the end, especially when it comes to your safety. One thing to buy a cheap sunshade, seat cover, grab handle or non-essential part. Whole different ball game when it's a part crucial to safety and function of the vehicle.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
DP “Display Picture”. Thanks for the reply!
the wheels in that picture are the mopar simulated beadlocks

brett
Sponsored