Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Its highly frustrating when it happens. When or if you get in that spot again first disconnect the lead to the Aux battery, then attach jumpers to a good jump start battery such as a Antigravity HD. or if lucky enough to be near another vehicle attach to it. That should get it to kick over. If it still wont then disconnect the main battery as well and jump direct to your cable, then reattach after running.
I was stranded myself for a few hours until out of desperation I did the above procedure and it worked for me. When changing the aux (or bypassing it) it is a good idea to change the main out. The bad aux battery will damage the main.
The new e torque 6 pentastar does not have the aux battery ( so I'm told ) and that should help with this situation. All the electronics murder batteries.
Not sure I would put long term trust in an E vehicle, especially off roading. But to each his own.
I will definitely heed that advice and give it a try. When... not if..... it happens again. Dead batteries are a fact of life on all vehicles that's why I carry a quality battery pack jumper. Might mistakenly assume the guys over at Jeep knowing Jeeps are often in remote areas not accessible by road side assistance, and would enable oneself to jump start their dead battery. Without information such as what you shared we are SOL. Even the service center at the dealership had zero advice and what to do in that situation. I'm hearing removing and eliminating the auxiliary battery takes care of all the problematic issues. Including canceling out the auto start stop bs feature.
Thank you again! Granted Ford has its share of problems too, mentioned by my flatbed tow truck driver who had to tow me to the dealership. But the tested and true out of the box fully stock Ford Raptor Bronco is a superior vehicle in almost EVERY way/ when tested with a fully modified 392 Wrangler. By no means a fair comparison but the Raptor still spanked the Wrangler. And I've been a Wrangler owner and fan for many years but becoming less and less of one. The Jeep Cares is nothing but a short-term pacifier, too many of these serious problems and scenarios that keep being reported. That's why I keep receiving legal firms asking me to reach out to them not knowing my problems but just knowing I'm a Jeep JL owner.
Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I will definitely heed that advice and give it a try. When... not if..... it happens again. Dead batteries are a fact of life on all vehicles that's why I carry a quality battery pack jumper. Might mistakenly assume the guys over at Jeep knowing Jeeps are often in remote areas not accessible by road side assistance, and would enable oneself to jump start their dead battery. Without information such as what you shared we are SOL. Even the service center at the dealership had zero advice and what to do in that situation. I'm hearing removing and eliminating the auxiliary battery takes care of all the problematic issues. Including canceling out the auto start stop bs feature.
Thank you again! Granted Ford has its share of problems too, mentioned by my flatbed tow truck driver who had to tow me to the dealership. But the tested and true out of the box fully stock Ford Raptor Bronco is a superior vehicle in almost EVERY way/ when tested with a fully modified 392 Wrangler. By no means a fair comparison but the Raptor still spanked the Wrangler. And I've been a Wrangler owner and fan for many years but becoming less and less of one. The Jeep Cares is nothing but a short-term pacifier, too many of these serious problems and scenarios that keep being reported. That's why I keep receiving legal firms asking me to reach out to them not knowing my problems but just knowing I'm a Jeep JL owner.
There is an excellent thread on here about the bypass options. The stealership near me quoted me $720.00 to install both batteries and provide a three year warranty on the batteries. That wont help when you are stranded out on the Alpine loop or other remote local with your honey and or maybe kids. You are wise to carry that jump battery as long as you regularly ensure it is topped off and ready for business.
Best of luck to you sir

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...when it comes to a battery system that fails and there's nothing, and no one can do to restart the dead batteries,

I asked the service writer what should I do in the event I'm off on the beaten path camping, wheeling during one of my Overland expeditions and my battery suddenly dies without warning.

His answer was simply there's nothing you can do...
That's not strictly true. The proactive owner can carry a battery jump pack, as you just conceded you do. One can also choose to install a G48 battery with an integrated, wireless jump start capability.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Wtf happened to bench seats, guess that fad died when I sold my 68 Chevy truck., I was completely happy with those seats.
I'm also happy with the cloth covered bucket seats in my Rubicon.

I'd put one of these in my 2019 if It would fit, imitation leather and all.

57adb1536cfd084fddb3357edd7af283.jpg

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
This is coming soon to a leather seat near you.
20230120_154825.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: DGT

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
With cloth liquids will soak in quick. With leather I've noticed I can just wipe it off fast

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Gotta laugh when I hear comments akin to offroad utility vehicles shouldn't have leather. I lived in a HMMWV with cloth seats for months at a time (not your weekend warrior trips), they got disgusting and deteriorated quickly, and I will never own a vehicle with cloth because of it. Leather cleans easy and maintains treatment longer, they also do not fall apart near as fast as the cloth ones do.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Gotta laugh when I hear comments akin to offroad utility vehicles shouldn't have leather. I lived in a HMMWV with cloth seats for months at a time (not your weekend warrior trips), they got disgusting and deteriorated quickly, and I will never own a vehicle with cloth because of it. Leather cleans easy and maintains treatment longer, they also do not fall apart near as fast as the cloth ones do.
Now comparing apples to oranges? One prime example Jeep cloth seat material has always been durable.
"In Canada, take your pick. I'm in Texas... The black cloth will just about scald you in the summer. There is no way I could handle black leather during a Texas summer. I'd never be able to take my top off. For what it's worth, the cloth on the Jeep has been much easier to keep clean than my previous vehicles. It's a tough fabric... Not a velour/suede feeling cloth"

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Now comparing apples to oranges? One prime example Jeep cloth seat material has always been durable.
"In Canada, take your pick. I'm in Texas... The black cloth will just about scald you in the summer. There is no way I could handle black leather during a Texas summer. I'd never be able to take my top off. For what it's worth, the cloth on the Jeep has been much easier to keep clean than my previous vehicles. It's a tough fabric... Not a velour/suede feeling cloth"
I'm in Dallas ft worth and I take my top off from May 1st to October 1st with black leather and it's not hard to deal with here. It really doesn't get as hot as you think it does. And if you have a dog that sheds like I do a Australian shepherd you would never get cloth seats but one time and never again. My cloth seats lookef so bad. With leather the hair just blows right off

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I don't know where that quote is from, but...okay? I live in Texas and have lived in Arizona where it gets much hotter. I buy based on previous experiences. While black vehicles are beautiful (I owned a black Tacoma), I would never buy another in the sun soaked areas of the US. I buy white or silver vehicles and tan or gray/grey leather. I also put ceramic tint on the windows. It does not get as hot inside and I prefer the feel of leather to cloth and the leather seems to require less upkeep/cleaning (YMMV).
Not even close to being true. There's many reasons to get leather but durability over cloth is not one of them.
My lived experiences say contrary to your opinion, but you do you.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned a lot of vehicles with leather and it always ages, cracks, and discolors, and you're talking *real* leather (I've been driving since 1985 just for reference). This new faux leather stuff is even worse once the wear starts. I'm sure it 'seems' like it cleans up easier but whatever fabric Jeep put on these seats is amazing. It cleans to like new, no problem. I've had dog hair because people who wanted to ride with me demanded they bring their dogs. Dogs shed (and urinate) when excited so think about that. Massive dog hair and dog urine lol. That's ok, it cleaned right up lol.

Mud and dirt from running with the top off.. no problem.. cleans right up just like new.. no smells. It's amazing whatever they did to engineer these cloth seats. It makes me think they added some kind of membrane between the fabric and foam.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Not if you treat the cloth. I have a 2018 with zero stains in the cloth.
It's CRAZY!! I think ok my seats are ruined, then do a quick foam cleanup and bam, like new. ZERO smells. I don't know how or what they did but these are the most durable and low maintenance cloth seats I've ever owned.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
My lived experiences say contrary to your opinion, but you do you.
My Jeep Wranglers have been nearly perfect and have had zero mechanical issue. That doesn’t mean they’re reliable vehicles. Unfortunately for you, the millions of different vehicles throughout the years with either cloth or leather strongly document cloth is much more durable.
Sponsored