First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Order leather in a jeep wrangler you deserve what you get. Leather is for your couch, Not for your off-road vehicle with a removable top. Duh.!
You're just a wealth of support and kindness. There's nothing wrong with leather in an off-road vehicle and a heck of a lot easier to clean. There are plenty of sealers that make leather water-resistant, and durable for many years. If you're really worried, throw a set of neoprene covers while you're wheeling. I'd be more concerned about carpet padding than leather seats.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I have cloth…they can buildup mud, animals pee on them and everything else. I can only imagine what the foam under the cloth looks like now but the cloth cleans right up like new.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
🙄

Even the earliest 1945 CJ-2A had vinyl seats. Not sure why you wouldn't prefer a water-resistant material for a topless vehicle vs a porous cloth fabric that will only soak up mud and water.
Because he's an ignoramus?

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Altitude
2020 Sahara zero issues, possibily the colour and Covid year issues.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I love my leather seats. When I had the cloth the dog hair stuck to it really bad. With the leather I can just wipe the dog hair off. It was so bad with the cloth

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
I think I get stopped at leather seats in a utility Jeep….but I’m old.

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Clubs

I opted for cloth seats on my JL, been pretty happy with them so far. After 21,000 miles, the driver seat still has not broken in. I am hoping it does soon. I like that I have the option to get the Mopar Katzkin leather seats at a later time, they seem to be very well reviewed. Probably will go tan because I like the color.

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
I ordered the black perforated leather option in my 22 JL. They’re Katzkin. Look good so far.

Robby Robot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nathantothrow.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Occupation
KZ4KNR | Business Intelligence Consultant
I've been a Jeep owner for 8 years now. I have a Jeep 2015 Sahara and have recently bought a 2022 Rubicon. Although practically everything about the JL is better than the JK, it is lacking heavily in one department - the seats. Not only are the JL seats way less comfortable than the JK's seats, the quality of the leather and fitment is absolutely terrible. let's not forget the leather trimmed seats are a 2 THOUSAND DOLLAR OPTION. I've taken my Jeep to the dealership three times to get them to fix the seats and they have failed each time. I have less than 5k miles on it and the issue has been there since day one. My JK with over 70 thousand miles has nicer leather seats than these. There's even a ripple on the passenger seat which is obviously used way less. Had I known how bad the quality of these seats are I would Have gotten the cloth ones and maybe went aftermarket if I really wanted the leather. Although this isn't a huge flaw with the vehicle, this Jeep was extremely expensive and the lack of service and initiative to solve the issue despite three attempts is unacceptable.

Save yourself the trouble and avoid the leather seats. They aren't even comfortable, the leather quality is poor, and the fitment is inconsistent.

12de2c9e-ef9e-42d9-a466-ab823eb0032c.jpg

adc4adab-8eca-4ca8-b7ce-114d2024e2c1.jpg
This may be a bit of a subjective area, but I kind of like the "ripples" and other quirks of leather seats. Adds a little texture and personality to the seat, and gives it more of a custom look IMO. If I opened the door to your rig I would just think that's a nice leather seat. But I can see how it would be annoying to someone who prefers a clean, smooth look.

Sponsored

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
My 18 JLUR black leather seats are good.
My 21 JL Sport S black cloth seats are ok.
My 22 JLR black leather seats are worst.

Additionally, the first yr. JLUR door panel where your fingers go have a finishing piece of rubber that the 21 and 22 don't. Bet they saved less than 10 Cents on that cheap mistake.

5x5

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2020 JLU Willys Diesel, 2006 LJR
The Jeep "leather" seats are only leather on the center seating surface, not the bolsters, sides or back. I dont know if the back seats have any leather. Got cloth in my 2020 Willys diesel and will be replacing it with full leather this summer. Perforated centers which will allow me to add ventilated seat modules and heat. Under 2 k and I will install myself.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep "leather" seats are only leather on the center seating surface, not the bolsters, sides or back. I dont know if the back seats have any leather. Got cloth in my 2020 Willys diesel and will be replacing it with full leather this summer. Perforated centers which will allow me to add ventilated seat modules and heat. Under 2 k and I will install myself.
All automakers give you leather only where you place your butt and back. JL gets leather “seating surfaces” on both front and rear.

According to Jeep’s literature, ordering the REGULAR leather seats (i.e., NOT the Mopar leather), includes leather wrapped transmission and transfer case shifters, as well as the handbrake lever.

On Sahara and Rubicon, ordering the REGULAR leather also gets you the door armrests with additional padding and stitching (albeit they do look and feel like vinyl), the fold down rear armrest, and SAHARA/RUBICON embroidering on the front seats.

As far as I know, all Saharas and Rubicons come standard with leather wrapped steering wheel, regardless of upholstery.

Further, Saharas always come with the nicer, softer door armrests, regardless of upholstery. Saharas with REGULAR leather also come with stitched leather-looking dashboard covers.

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I have about 25,000 miles on My 2021 Rubicon. My Jeep had cloth seats, and the dealer put Katskin seat covers. They are super sick, but it is not real leather, and I can tell because having a lifted Jeep, and leather seats, they take a beating and I have a snag that I got at about 10,000 miles. The new cloth seats are better, nice rip stop material, and they do not absorb water or stain like the used to, but they still stain. I really like my seats.

E053AD6A-E3A6-470B-9BC9-271E7078F4AD.jpeg

A2E4958B-4A36-4D0A-9A12-B5CD0B365079.jpeg

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Since you don’t have leather, I would recommend PRP. Super nice!
Sponsored