Sponsored

PSA - Demand a POC Sheet when ordering to get the best deal

Did you receive a POC from your dealer when ordering?

• Total voters

henkler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
This is the Priced Order Confirmation, or POC. I'm pretty sure all dealers can generate this.

Here's a quick guide:

MSRP Prices Column: Self Explanatory. You should never be paying this price unless you don't care about money.
FWP Prices Column: Invoice price for each option and total invoice price.

FFP: FCA Affiliates Price. Same as 1% below invoice or "Tread Lightly" discount.
EP: Employee Pricing. What employees get, or 5% below invoice
HB: Dealer holdback. What they dealer is going to earn even if they sell you the vehicle "at invoice" (note - often will be other incentives where they get even more). Dealer is lying if they tell you they are going to "lose money" selling below invoice.

Negotiate based on the Invoice price (FWP). Not MSRP.

If you have Tread Lightly or similar discount, you should be paying FFP, taxes, plus a few fees. Some of these are negotiable. Some are not.
https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html

Demand to see a POC when you order. If the dealer is trying to play games, they may not give you one.

Took me a bit of back and forth to get mine.

Side note - taxes are computed strangely on FFP discounts. For me, roughly 25% of the FFP discount is a "rebate" that is applied after taxes are computed. So my taxes were a bit higher than what you would normally compute with a calculator based on the FFP price.
Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
How hard is it to generate the POC? For example if I ask a few dealers for their best price, would I expect they need to create a POC internally anyway, or is that an extra step? I'm thinking I ask them for the POC upfront.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
How hard is it to generate the POC? For example if I ask a few dealers for their best price, would I expect they need to create a POC internally anyway, or is that an extra step? I'm thinking I ask them for the POC upfront.
Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s as easy as clicking print. Iā€™ve shopped around a little and theyā€™ll put all my options together and print it out. Then they would walk me through what the different prices were and circle the price Iā€™d be paying.

OP
OP

henkler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s as easy as clicking print. Iā€™ve shopped around a little and theyā€™ll put all my options together and print it out. Then they would walk me through what the different prices were and circle the price Iā€™d be paying.
That's what it should be.

I've seen a dealer-specific one where it doesn't list anything other than MSRP prices. Not a true POC, which should have invoice pricing for everything.

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well, my dealer gave me a POC with about as much thought as a waiter giving you a check. In other words, it was such a routine step to print off my order confirmation that I didn't even realize it could be a "thing". (In addition, he initialed the manually adjusted FWP total price after taking off the standard discount.)

Not sure about other dealers, but if it appears to be a trend, you might want to check out HB Jeep. They sell so many Jeeps, and are so mellow and nonchalant, that you you might begin to feel like an (order) number and hunger for traditional run-around and sleezeball tactics.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
This is the Priced Order Confirmation, or POC. I'm pretty sure all dealers can generate this.
Side note: I started another thread (Rubicon/ Sahara Interactive Pricing Worksheet) that will allow us to generate our own POC's, albeit without the strange FFP/Rebate/Tax voodoo you describe, so at least shoppers/orders will have a reference for prices (MSRP, Invoice and 1-5% below invoice)

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Do you need to order first before getting the POC, or can you get a draft POC before you actually order?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Do you need to order first before getting the POC, or can you get a draft POC before you actually order?
You should get it before you order.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
So...a signed POC locks up the Out The Door Price?
Sponsored