Sponsored

PSA: COMMON SCAM ALERT! Unsolicited PMs asking you to email someone!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
What is a safe way to buy parts from someone on the forum that is too far away for a personal pickup? I only use Zelle with personal friends.
if their forum name is Entropy dont send any money. Dudes a total dick.
Sponsored

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

I have a WTB post up on here looking for a rear window for my premium soft top. User Robert65 sent me a PM telling me to email [Scam Warning - Please Report to Site Administrators] because he has a tinted rear window for sale. So, I emailed Matthew and got a response with a photo of soft top windows and a price of $200. When I told him I only send Paypal via Goods and Services, he sent me a link to a fake Paypal account (paypal.me) and said he only accepts Paypal as Gifts. RED FLAG SCAM ALERT! What an idiot. Do people actually fall for this shit? A quick google of his email address yields lots of scam results. Please consider this my PSA.

Robert65.JPG

Matthew Salazar Email.JPG
matthewsalazar376.jpg
Thanks for posting this. I have someone wanting to sell me a hart top I really want to buy, but I noticed they just made their account a few days ago and they are seeking payment via Zelle, which does not offer buyer protection/insurance, so I am a little leary. I am definitely NOT saying this person is a scammer, just that my antenna have gone up a wee bit.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Please email me!

I've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty...

1alembic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 blue JK, 2018 white JLU, 2019, 2019 Ford Expy
So I am new here (and not a scammer) and working on fixing a 2018 (I'll work on a build thread soon). I've posted a WTB for a driveshaft and already have what I assume are 2 scammers. :
1. Kator who had pictures but has asked for zelle or paypal friends and family payment so I have stopped responding.
2. the second one was as described here where I was asked to email another person who had a drive shaft. That message is already gone so must have already been caught.

I'm glad this thread was available to gain get some insight. Thank you to those who have provided updates here. It helps us all.

JLJeepn

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Kator is a crook.... it went under the name Gavin out of Oklahoma city, Oklahoma and I attempted to purchase a set of OEM JL Rubicon fenders. I wish I would have investigated this a bit more but believed that our Jeep forum was a safe place...my mistake. I am out $300 but this dirt bag is out of a good soul and probably needs the money more due to its pathetic, sad, worthless nature so good reddens it must suck living life that way and with no Jeep. Below is the information I got to hopefully save another jeeper from my mistake.
BEWARE OF:
[email protected]
405-355-9877
Zelle Account:
Yolanda Zomudio
[email protected]
Shipping Address:
GAVIN
10208 LANDS END CT, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73159

Last edited:

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Kator is a crook.... it went under the name Gavin out of Oklahoma city, Oklahoma and I attempted to purchase a set of OEM JL Rubicon fenders. I wish I would have investigated this a bit more but believed that our Jeep forum was a safe place...my mistake. I am out $300 but this dirt bag is out of a good soul and probably needs the money more due to its pathetic, sad, worthless nature so good reddens it must suck living life that way and with no Jeep. Below is the information I got to hopefully save another jeeper from my mistake.
BEWARE OF:
[email protected]
405-355-9877
Zelle Account:
Yolanda Zomudio
[email protected]
File a police report with that information you posted. I’m sure they can track them through the zelle account

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
BEWARE OF:
[email protected]
405-355-9877
Zelle Account:
Yolanda Zomudio
[email protected]
Contact your bank. If you file a police report, chances are they will reimburse you. I was scammed $200 for some sporting event tickets about a year ago. My bank credited my account the full amount.

JLJeepn

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks for your support and advice... I will defiantly move forward with it. I just have to realize some people are winners and some are loosers and this person is defiantly a looser. Not letting this one bad apple ruin my enjoyment here on this forum I'm over it now...... most to all real jeepers I found to be great interesting cool people! Thank you OIIIIIIIO family!!

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr
... When I told him I only send Paypal via Goods and Services, he sent me a link to a fake Paypal account (paypal.me) and said he only accepts Paypal as Gifts.

Matthew Salazar Email.JPG
Just a heads up, PayPal.me is legit in the sense that Paypal lets you create a personal .me link and share it so that you can get paid easily.

You can verify for yourself by going to the PayPal website. If you scroll down here a bit, you'll see a link about papal.me: https://www.paypal.com/merchantapps/appcenter/acceptpayments
Sponsored