PSA: COMMON SCAM ALERT! Unsolicited PMs asking you to email someone!

entropy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Scientist
What is a safe way to buy parts from someone on the forum that is too far away for a personal pickup? I only use Zelle with personal friends.
if their forum name is Entropy dont send any money. Dudes a total dick.
Advertisement

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport, '19 JLU Sahara, '20 JLU Sport (my kids drive now)
I have a WTB post up on here looking for a rear window for my premium soft top. User Robert65 sent me a PM telling me to email [Scam Warning - Please Report to Site Administrators] because he has a tinted rear window for sale. So, I emailed Matthew and got a response with a photo of soft top windows and a price of $200. When I told him I only send Paypal via Goods and Services, he sent me a link to a fake Paypal account (paypal.me) and said he only accepts Paypal as Gifts. RED FLAG SCAM ALERT! What an idiot. Do people actually fall for this shit? A quick google of his email address yields lots of scam results. Please consider this my PSA.

Robert65.JPG

Matthew Salazar Email.JPG
matthewsalazar376.jpg
Thanks for posting this. I have someone wanting to sell me a hart top I really want to buy, but I noticed they just made their account a few days ago and they are seeking payment via Zelle, which does not offer buyer protection/insurance, so I am a little leary. I am definitely NOT saying this person is a scammer, just that my antenna have gone up a wee bit.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Please email me!

I've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty...

Advertisement

Bestop

Advertisement