Proximity locks & impatient wife

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
F that. they want equality, give it to them! im sure my 5th wife will agree with me.
Women don’t REALLY want chivalry since it’s a two way street. For a woman to be chivalrous, she would have to give up so many basic freedoms that she currently enjoys.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Instead of you guys putting bigger tires on your Jeeps try bigger balls......👀
if she cant wait for the door to open....🙄

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Sell your Jeep, buy a door.
I guess living in hotels and waking up in different city/state every other week isn't exactly attractive to the ladies when you don't own a home.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have a somewhat similar situation. Mine often gets to the door before I do and pulls the locked handle. She doesn’t carry her fob either. I’ve determined that this is a “her” problem and not a “me” problem. There’s nothing to be done about it. Whether I’ve started the Jeep with remote start or not, the driver door must be the handle pulled or it must be unlocked via the fob. Sometimes I unlock it with the fob before I walk out to get in so it’s open for her. Sometimes I don’t. If she’s that quick to go out, she needs to carry a fob or learn patience.

Deleted member 53226

So my wife is infamous for being impatient and often grabs the door handle before I do. Of course, she does not want to carry her "gigantic" key fob so there is only a fob on the driver side when she touches the passenger door handle. This seems to mess up the Proximity Keyless Entry. I can see this being a safety feature (in case someone is hiding in ambush on the other side) but I haven't quite figured out the logic to it and often find myself resorting to pushing the fob button, annoyed on multiple levels.

Has someone figured out the logic of what happens in this situation? I know I could figure it out with a couple of tests but that would require my wife patiently waiting through a couple handle touch and fob placement tests while following instructions (a laughable thought).
What a small world! I have the same problem with my wife. The funny thing is my girlfriend does fine with the proximity locks. Go figure. I guess everyone is different.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So my wife is infamous for being impatient and often grabs the door handle before I do. Of course, she does not want to carry her "gigantic" key fob so there is only a fob on the driver side when she touches the passenger door handle. This seems to mess up the Proximity Keyless Entry. I can see this being a safety feature (in case someone is hiding in ambush on the other side) but I haven't quite figured out the logic to it and often find myself resorting to pushing the fob button, annoyed on multiple levels.

Has someone figured out the logic of what happens in this situation? I know I could figure it out with a couple of tests but that would require my wife patiently waiting through a couple handle touch and fob placement tests while following instructions (a laughable thought).
The fob has to be within 3ish feet of the handle to be unlocked. Yes, it's a safety feature to prevent someone from sneaking in on the other side. Just like how the starter button won't work until the fob is detected within the vehicle. So someone can't hop in, start it, and drive off while you're loading groceries into the cargo area.

Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
What a small world! I have the same problem with my wife. The funny thing is my girlfriend does fine with the proximity locks. Go figure. I guess everyone is different.
You should get one to demonstrate for the other. :LOL:

OP
OP
Reinen

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Grab the tailgate handle before she makes it to her door. It will unlock. Women are hard to teach new things like patience, or any other virtues. It’s easier to just work around their difficulties.
The most effective response yet! (Not that I mind where this thread went, lol)
I'll keep that sneaky early finish line in mind, it should do the trick a lot of the time.
Sponsored