Sponsored

Proximity key mandatory option on Rubicons?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'm surprise that you are been "forced" to take options that you dont want. and on top of that dealers saying its mandatory. even if you didnt order it in the first place. i get it that if you want one option, you could be required to get the other option. dont get me wrong here, i like the rubicon, but happy with the sport because you can build it the way you want it and with out the hassle of mandatoir reqiured to get. thats just one way to up the prices on the jeeps.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
i'm surprise that you are been "forced" to take options that you dont want. and on top of that dealers saying its mandatory. even if you didnt order it in the first place. i get it that if you want one option, you could be required to get the other option. dont get me wrong here, i like the rubicon, but happy with the sport because you can build it the way you want it and with out the hassle of mandatoir reqiured to get. thats just one way to up the prices on the jeeps.
There just aren't as many options/packages on a Sport to do it to. What they need to do is change it on the configurator to not make it an option if it truly isn't.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
There just aren't as many options/packages on a Sport to do it to. What they need to do is change it on the configurator to not make it an option if it truly isn't.

thats the beauty of the sport. jeep needs to let folks to start with a striped rubicon and build it from there. i would do that and keep the cost way down and option to minimal.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
thats the beauty of the sport. jeep needs to let folks to start with a striped rubicon and build it from there. i would do that and keep the cost way down and option to minimal.
But it's just a shell of a vehicle. I looked at each model before I ordered and said there was too much missing - what vehicle these days doesn't have power locks or windows? Or air conditioning?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
But it's just a shell of a vehicle. I looked at each model before I ordered and said there was too much missing - what vehicle these days doesn't have power locks or windows? Or air conditioning?
my jl started out like a shell and only 4 option which are 8 spd auto, ac, xm, and hard top. what i wanted and not missing all the other bells and whistles.

if the rubicion started that way, i would of order it with those 4 options only.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Or one touch doors on the outside?

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just custom ordered a 2021 JLUR (V6; manual). Both the proximity key and the MOPAR all weather floor mats were requisite, though I didn’t want either. Dealer couldn’t delete either of these options from the build sheet within their ordering software and I do believe that he wasn’t trying to stick me with such.

If anyone has recently ordered or knows to the contrary, please advise. Thanks

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Even if they aren’t, you’ll want them. It’s really stupid to have to take your key out, but then put it back in your pocket as soon as the doors open. I love mine.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The X5 has such a key, but I would prefer the Jeep without. Honestly, if I could have gotten a JLUR with hand crank windows, no ESS, no touch screen, etc., that is what I would have preferred, e.g. a new 1980s Jeep with four doors - the simpler, the better. Paying less would have been icing on the cake.

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Just custom ordered a 2021 JLUR (V6; manual). Both the proximity key and the MOPAR all weather floor mats were requisite, though I didn’t want either. Dealer couldn’t delete either of these options from the build sheet within their ordering software and I do believe that he wasn’t trying to stick me with such.

I think the dealer told me the heated seats on mine triggered keyless entry but I didn't have to get the floor mats?

Sponsored

Aloicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR

I ordered a 2 door JLR in late March, delivered in early May, no proximity entry, no all weather floor mats...dont know if the 2 door vs 4 door changes things but my dealer had no issues placing my order without those options.

My build:
2 door JL rubicon, 3.6L, 6 speed MT, cloth seats, premium audio/8.4" package, steel bumper package, LED package, basic safety package, cold weather group, engine block heater, tailgate reinforcement, stainless sill guards, black hardtop w/ headliner.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hah! My order did not have the cold weather package. Who knows.

Last edited:

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a 2 door JLR in late March, delivered in early May, no proximity entry, no all weather floor mats...dont know if the 2 door vs 4 door changes things but my dealer had no issues placing my order without those options.

My build:
2 door JL rubicon, 3.6L, 6 speed MT, cloth seats, premium audio/8.4" package, steel bumper package, LED package, basic safety package, cold weather group, engine block heater, tailgate reinforcement, stainless sill guards, black hardtop w/ headliner.
I wanted the two door, but a wife, two toddlers, and a dog...

I went black on black JLUR, V6, manual, cloth, Gorilla Glass, LED package, black three piece top + headliner, engine block heater (love to see it), grab handles, hinge gate reinforcement (probably unnecessary), and then got stuck with the proximity key and the all weather floor mats.

Already have new front and rear bumpers narrowed down to three, side bars down to two, and the 35” tires on order!

TheDukeofLark

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR M/T
I ordered 5/7 and while I optioned it with the proximity key by choice, I don’t have MOPAR mats on my build sheet at all. Other than MOPAR accessories, the major difference between our builds would be a hard top, but that seems like an odd trigger for required floor mats.
Sponsored