Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

Jimgolf1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RETIRED!
Good day of tinkering on the Jeep!

All of the parts to add the Proximity Door Locks arrived Friday. I watched a couple of YouTube videos today right before lunch, then decided to tackle the project this afternoon. It was much easier than I had anticipated. The first door took me a 1.5 hours. The second door & tailgate were done in about 1 hour. It took a couple of attempts to get the Jeep programmed. It failed the first time due to operator error.......I had never used the JScan app before and had no clue that I had to tap the green dot each time I made a selection. The second time around it worked!!

I'm hoping the option to activate-deactivate the system shows up in the settings option on the radio head by morning.

Anyway, it is an great addition to the Jeep & well worth the $$ not to have to dig the fob out of my pocket all the time to unlock the doors.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Good day of tinkering on the Jeep!

All of the parts to add the Proximity Door Locks arrived Friday. I watched a couple of YouTube videos today right before lunch, then decided to tackle the project this afternoon. It was much easier than I had anticipated. The first door took me a 1.5 hours. The second door & tailgate were done in about 1 hour. It took a couple of attempts to get the Jeep programmed. It failed the first time due to operator error.......I had never used the JScan app before and had no clue that I had to tap the green dot each time I made a selection. The second time around it worked!!

I'm hoping the option to activate-deactivate the system shows up in the settings option on the radio head by morning.

Anyway, it is an great addition to the Jeep & well worth the $$ not to have to dig the fob out of my pocket all the time to unlock the doors.
What model Wrangler do you have? How much were all the parts?

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
What model Wrangler do you have? How much were all the parts?
I have a 2020 Sahara. The parts were $524.78 ( that included tax and shipping). I originally ordered just ordered the parts for the drivers side then two days later decided to do the passenger door & tailgate, so I wound up paying shipping twice. Probably could have saved $8-10 bucks by placing a single order.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Yeh, I purposely ordered my JLUR as basic as I could get because I did not want all the extra safety features on it. I just ordered the switches, heated seats, and the radio. Probably would have skipped the upgraded radio as I have already swapped all the speakers out. Anyway, immediately regretted not order the proximity locks and agree that for $600 and a few hours, it is a must have upgrade.

Sponsored

DjMoonPickles

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys Unlimited Snazzberry
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Hey everyone, first post on here! Does anyone have a link for a parts set that isnt ~$585? I know buying separately seems very expensive now and I saw other posts on here saying they got all their parts for $300 or even less but some of the links they used are now broken.

Also, do I need to worry about the antennas or would these already be in my Jeep ('21 Willys Unlimited)?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Hey everyone, first post on here! Does anyone have a link for a parts set that isnt ~$585? I know buying separately seems very expensive now and I saw other posts on here saying they got all their parts for $300 or even less but some of the links they used are now broken.

Also, do I need to worry about the antennas or would these already be in my Jeep ('21 Willys Unlimited)?

The only kit that you will be able to purchase for around $300 is the kit that is for the drivers door only. If you want the kit for the drivers door, passenger door and tailgate, then the $585 is is right in the ballpark.

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Current pricing for the full kit and drivers door can be found below
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventjlbsm.html
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventryjtjldrv.html

I will send you a code you can use to help with shipping.
-Benny

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

gburchett

First Name