Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

brad1219

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Handle caps are required, they're not the same.
Interesting! I have a feeling my installer put on the original caps. I too didn't think it mattered. I'll replace them and see if it works. It's a T25 for the fronts and a T20 for the tailgate right?

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase
The new caps have a magnet in them that is required for everything to work properly. There was also a batch of caps made (dig back in this thread for info on the production dates) where the magnet was installed in the cap backwards and was causing the "proper" caps to not work.

Sponsored

billypetes

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1991 XJ
Hi everyone, new member and this forum has been very helpful. I purchased the mopar proximity entry system from AllMoparParts. My mechanic installed all 3 doors and a Jeep dealer added the codes. None of the 3 doors work. I was told I may need an additional harness for my front doors since it is a 2019 Sport S, but my tailgate should work. I'm kind of at a standstill here as I can't find a dealer or mechanic who knows anything about this kit and can get it working. I am on Long Island. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I just completed the install on my JLU Sport S. I needed the part below as well from Nismopar because mine didn't come wired from the factory for the proximity locks and I suspect that's the issue you're having. Nismopar can provide directions for exactly where these wires go. The harnesses you're working with are challenging because it is in a confined space and not a lot of extra wiring to work with. But if you find the right auto electric technician, he should be able to put them in no problem. I live in the Southern California area so if you happen to live here too, I can recommend someone. As soon as they put those wires in, it should work just fine since you have everything else installed already.

https://nismopar.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-custom-dash-harness-for-passive-entry

brad1219

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
I just completed the install on my JLU Sport S. I needed the part below as well from Nismopar because mine didn't come wired from the factory for the proximity locks and I suspect that's the issue you're having. Nismopar can provide directions for exactly where these wires go. The harnesses you're working with are challenging because it is in a confined space and not a lot of extra wiring to work with. But if you find the right auto electric technician, he should be able to put them in no problem. I live in the Southern California area so if you happen to live here too, I can recommend someone. As soon as they put those wires in, it should work just fine since you have everything else installed already.

https://nismopar.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-custom-dash-harness-for-passive-entry
Thank you. I just received the wires. Now that I changed the locks I’m pretty sure that’s all I need. My brother in law is more of a car guy than I am, he was going to help, but maybe an electric technician is the way to go. Thanks for the advice! Glad you got yours working!

billypetes

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1991 XJ
Thank you. I just received the wires. Now that I changed the locks I’m pretty sure that’s all I need. My brother in law is more of a car guy than I am, he was going to help, but maybe an electric technician is the way to go. Thanks for the advice! Glad you got yours working!
There are a lot of specialty tools needed to add the pins and terminals to the wiring harness and its very precise work. I set out to do it myself and its just so easy to bend not only the wires you're installing but also the other ones in the harness. I highly suggest finding someone with the right tools and expertise. The guy I found only charged me an hour's labor. If putting them in the harnesses isn't something you want to do, you can elect to bypass the harnesses (though this will impact if you ever take the doors off). This is something a tech can do pretty easily.

brad1219

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi Brad,

It looks like the circuits are not present. We would need to create a jumper between this connector and another located under the dash. The cleanest solution is to purchase this kit https://nismopar.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-custom-dash-harness-for-passive-entry however if you want to save 100 bucks you can simply jump the wires. Since it sounds like you wont be performing the work it may be best to forward me the shops info so I can send diagrams and speak with them directly if necessary.

Moving onto the tailgate issue we would need to lookover the existing circuits within connectors back there but if they are missing there is no workaround that I am aware. Its somewhat rare for there not to be existing circuits but I have seen it a few times.

- Benny
Benny,

Can you recommend an auto electrician on Long Island who can install those wires?

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Benny,

Can you recommend an auto electrician on Long Island who can install those wires?
Hi Brad,
I do not have any personal experience with them but checkout Parkway car stereo in Hicksville. They have been around a long time and have solid reviews.

Thanks,
- Benny

Jay_Jeep

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S 2 Door
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 12D09D1D-83E7-4A13-9556-5DF302CF7779

I have these for full doors, I’m adding proximity handles to half doors so these harness won’t work for my setup. I already have all the parts and harnesses for my setup and am just sitting on these. Soooo if anyone needs them or wants them shoot me a message we can work something out. P/N 68299332AG & 68299333AG

Last edited:

brad1219

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi Brad,
I do not have any personal experience with them but checkout Parkway car stereo in Hicksville. They have been around a long time and have solid reviews.

Thanks,
- Benny
Brought my car to a car stereo place today and after 3 months, all 3 doors finally work!!! Thank you all for your help! Never would have figured this out without this group! Onto my next mod!

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone have a parts list for adding proximity door unlock to a 2-door 2019 Jeep Rubicon? Or, a link to a post would work.
Sponsored