Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

digidep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
My only issue was with the driver side. I was just being careless. Take your time and I’m sure you will be fine. I was just too aggressive with one of the bolts.

My mistake was losing those 2 bolts too much. Turns out you can just loosen them and that’s all that’s needed. I tried to remove them completely for some reason and that’s when it broke.

Lesson learned but yeah, just loosen, don’t try to completely remove and you’ll be fine!
Ok, ordered new window regulator part (68301892AA) and got it all together again. Drivers side went in without a hitch and tailgate was the easiest of all.

Thanks for the pep talk.
Sponsored

digidep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Ugh, not all good. Drivers side lock buttons and power mirrors don't work.

Window works, power locks work.

Any idea if I missed something?

Or maybe have a bad harness?

Last edited:

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase
In panel connector on jeep side?

It worked before and brand new harness.
I can't remember off hand but whichever side of the door connector has the male pins. I've had a few of mine get bent once or twice when removing/reinstalling the doors. The pins have a little too much wiggle room in their housing and can miss slipping into the correct slots, but somehow don't get mangled even after locking the connector down. You just need to look for pins that aren't pointing straight up and down and straighten them out a bit.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Yes. It is very easy to miss align the connector and the pins go in the terminal release cavity instead of the connector cavity. Number one reason for those buttons not to work after taking off the doors. It doesn’t take much of a bend for this to happen. Been there, done that.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
On my Jeep I took the connector loose from the body as it makes it easier to line up the connectors.

digidep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Yes. It is very easy to miss align the connector and the pins go in the terminal release cavity instead of the connector cavity. Number one reason for those buttons not to work after taking off the doors. It doesn’t take much of a bend for this to happen. Been there, done that.

Yep, this was the reason. A couple bent pins. Straighten them up and now everything works again.

Thanks for the info.

digidep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Maybe I just need to read the manual, but in order to lock from the door handle, I have to press the button three times.

Doors unlock as soon as my hand hits the door handle.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

digidep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Maybe I just need to read the manual, but in order to lock from the door handle, I have to press the button three times.

Doors unlock as soon as my hand hits the door handle.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?
Guessing this is my problem...will have to try this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler download

Sponsored

funkylimb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hi.
I just installed the passive entry kit on my Jeep and am scheduled to go to the dealer on Friday to have them re-flash my ecm.

I checked the mopar site to see if the GXD sales code was added to my VIN. I do see something new:
2-DOOR PASSIVE ENTRY, FRT DOOR LOCKS

The wording has me concerned.
I also added the passive entry handle and wiring harness to the tailgate. Does anyone know if the sales code they added is correct and will also handle the tailgate?

I called the dealer and they told me to talk to the tech when I bring it in. I am trying to avoid having to go in twice if the incorrect sales code was added.

Thanks!

WhiteRubicon21

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm pretty sure this might have been answered, there's a lot to read... My dealer programmed vin code GXD to my vin (now I have passive entry in the radio settings). I have installed the proximity front door handles, and wiring harnesses. I have not installed the handle caps as they are the same part number with GXD and without, and I haven't installed the swing gate handle or harness.

As of right now, nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure this might have been answered, there's a lot to read... My dealer programmed vin code GXD to my vin (now I have passive entry in the radio settings). I have installed the proximity front door handles, and wiring harnesses. I have not installed the handle caps as they are the same part number with GXD and without, and I haven't installed the swing gate handle or harness.

As of right now, nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Handle caps are required, they're not the same.
Sponsored