Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi everyone, new member and this forum has been very helpful. I purchased the mopar proximity entry system from AllMoparParts. My mechanic installed all 3 doors and a Jeep dealer added the codes. None of the 3 doors work. I was told I may need an additional harness for my front doors since it is a 2019 Sport S, but my tailgate should work. I'm kind of at a standstill here as I can't find a dealer or mechanic who knows anything about this kit and can get it working. I am on Long Island. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Hi Brad,
Did you confirm that the pins 15 & 16 in the following document are not present?
https://amp-production-assets.s3.us.../docs/JT_JL_passive_entry_connector_check.jpg

If you are unsure please take photos of the connector (dash side) and post them here.

- Benny
Sponsored

brad1219

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Good morning Benny,

thank you for your response. Pics attached.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler B66D9D70-BB60-4C34-8401-F236461D8369
Looks like you are missing them to me, but hard to tell for sure with the focus being on your fingers and not the connector.

brad1219

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Looks like you are missing them to me, but hard to tell for sure with the focus being on your fingers and not the connector.
Glenn, thank you. My mechanic who put it in also thought I didn’t have it, but knew nothing about this kit. Does anyone know where I can get the harness adapter? Or any mechanic on Long Island who is familiar with this kit?

Reactions: gek

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Hate to jump in here and confuse anything but, I didn't think that would prevent the rear from working as you mentioned?

Sponsored

brad1219

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Agreed. I was told that should not prevent the rear from working. If I need the harness, maybe the tailgate just wasn't installed properly. That's why I've been trying to find a mechanic who knows about it. Striking out. 3 dealers. Clueless.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
This is unfortunately why I do things myself.. I got the jscan & edited the settings, installed the hardware/harnesses and it worked. I did have the pins/wiring at the connecter though and it does look like you need that. Quite possible the rear is not right as you say. Benny is awesome.. we are so lucky to have him here. Hoping for a positive result soon for you!! It will work :).

Reactions: gek

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Glenn, thank you. My mechanic who put it in also thought I didn’t have it, but knew nothing about this kit. Does anyone know where I can get the harness adapter? Or any mechanic on Long Island who is familiar with this kit?
Mine had it, but I know there are several references in this thread about where to get or make what is needed if they are missing. I used a Jscan as well to enable them. I figured it was much easier(and cheaper) than going through the dealer.

brad1219

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Thanks guys. Unfortunately, I am not super handy with cars and thought I was playing it safe having my mechanic install it. I gave him the youtube videos and he said it was simple. I also just got jscan and confirmed the codes are there. So this is def an install / wiring issue. I noticed Benny is local on Long Island. Hoping he knows of someone who can look at it. I'm so far into this already I'm determined to get this working!

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Good morning Benny,

thank you for your response. Pics attached.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler B66D9D70-BB60-4C34-8401-F236461D8369

Hi Brad,

It looks like the circuits are not present. We would need to create a jumper between this connector and another located under the dash. The cleanest solution is to purchase this kit https://nismopar.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-custom-dash-harness-for-passive-entry however if you want to save 100 bucks you can simply jump the wires. Since it sounds like you wont be performing the work it may be best to forward me the shops info so I can send diagrams and speak with them directly if necessary.

Moving onto the tailgate issue we would need to lookover the existing circuits within connectors back there but if they are missing there is no workaround that I am aware. Its somewhat rare for there not to be existing circuits but I have seen it a few times.

- Benny

Sponsored

brad1219

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Benny. Thank you so much. I will order the wire and have it installed. Hopefully, that at least resolves the 2 doors and I may have to undo the tailgate and reinstall. I'll let you guys know how that turns out. Thank you so much for all your assistance

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

jhanson999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
We did this on our shop 2018 JLUR back in April of 2018. Added all the hardware, added the programming in the BCM. Didn’t work.
Either an RF HUB replace procedure needed to be performed (we didn’t have access to dealer account to perform this) or the actual RF Hub needed to be changed (again we didn’t have the tool to enter the rolling PIn code)... or the early 2018’s didn’t have the ability in the BCM or RF hub, period.
Never tried on any other JL’s as it’s too much work to install just to try.
If someone can confirm that it’s just the sales code and no PIN code entry RF Hub replace procedure, I can add this function into the Tazer. Likely would only work on 2019+ in this case.
I really want to do this to my JL Sport S but it's an early 2018: build date 3-18. Before I order the parts, is there any way to determine if mine will support it?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I really want to do this to my JL Sport S but it's an early 2018: build date 3-18. Before I order the parts, is there any way to determine if mine will support it?
This feature can be added to your Jeep, page two was very early in the process, jump to page 30 or so for the first success.
I’ll save you a bunch of reading and post this picture which shows which pins to look for in your door connector.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1888DFFB-14CF-472A-B165-A5907D86178F

If you have pins in those two cavities all you will need to do is replace the door harness, the handle, and cap. Do a little programming with JScan or the Tazer and that’s it. If you don’t have those pins in that connector you will need to add the wires mentioned by Benny in the post above, not real hard to do but does require a little bit of mechanical ability.
Gregj

eta I did this to mine and it is an early Sport S

jhanson999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
This feature can be added to your Jeep, page two was very early in the process, jump to page 30 or so for the first success.
I’ll save you a bunch of reading and post this picture which shows which pins to look for in your door connector.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1888DFFB-14CF-472A-B165-A5907D86178F

If you have pins in those two cavities all you will need to do is replace the door harness, the handle, and cap. Do a little programming with JScan or the Tazer and that’s it. If you don’t have those pins in that connector you will need to add the wires mentioned by Benny in the post above, not real hard to do but does require a little bit of mechanical ability.
Gregj

eta I did this to mine and it is an early Sport S

Thank you! I read through most of the thread making about 15 bookmarks for reference on the pins that I need to wire, but the code on the early JLs was the last part I was worried about and wasn't totally sure on, there is a TON of data here. Sounds like it should work then, I'll go ahead and get it all ordered. Thanks again!
Sponsored