Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
I did not use a Taser or Jscan. My dealer Service Manager knew what to do and added GXD to the VIN with his iPad and wireless dongle that plugged into the jeep. Originally I installed the rear-gate only, then got the code added and it worked. When I installed the front handles, they did not work. Wen't back to the dealer to clear the codes for missing handles that were present after the rear-gate install - still not working. Hoping after I let the car sit for a little everything will work.
Interested to see how you resolve this as I have installed the rear and using Tazer or Jscan cannot get anything to work. I get the red flash on the key fob but no lock or unlock. Months of frustrations have tried everything and am open to any suggestions.
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Interested to see how you resolve this as I have installed the rear and using Tazer or Jscan cannot get anything to work. I get the red flash on the key fob but no lock or unlock. Months of frustrations have tried everything and am open to any suggestions.
Have you tried turning on the front doors? It might trip an error code, but I could see this needing at least the drivers door turned on.

FWIW: I had just the driver's door working for a few months.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
Have you tried turning on the front doors? It might trip an error code, but I could see this needing at least the drivers door turned on.

FWIW: I had just the driver's door working for a few months.
I have tried it with just the rear on and with all the doors on with the same result, I had not tried just one of the front doors, I can give that one a try and see if it helps.

Baldwin3162

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU 4Xe Rubicon
I've been trying to follow along this thread. Has anyone gotten this to work using Jscan? I already went this route with setting other options like Fog lights on with High Beam. Thanks

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I've been trying to follow along this thread. Has anyone gotten this to work using Jscan? I already went this route with setting other options like Fog lights on with High Beam. Thanks
Yes.. I used J Scan with no issues

HairyDawgy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sport S
I've been following this thread for a while and have taken the following steps on my 2018 JL Sport S: Worked with my dealer to add GXD and flashed.
Verified I have proximity entry option in radio settings
Installed rear gate handle, cap and jumper.

I don't get any feedback when attempting to lock or unlock. no door action, lights, horn anything. Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I've been following this thread for a while and have taken the following steps on my 2018 JL Sport S: Worked with my dealer to add GXD and flashed.

I don't get any feedback when attempting to lock or unlock. no door action, lights, horn anything. Any ideas?

Thanks
Did you verify you have those pins installed already? Some have it already installed, others had to do that part on their own.

HairyDawgy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sport S
Did you verify you have those pins installed already? Some have it already installed, others had to do that part on their own.
I am pretty sure the pin verification and additional wiring (if they arenā€™t present) is for the door install, not the rear gate. Did I misunderstand?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty sure the pin verification and additional wiring (if they arenā€™t present) is for the door install, not the rear gate. Did I misunderstand?
Ah, good question. You may be right. That may only be required for the front doors. Iā€™ll let someone else that may know better jump in on this one.

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Thanks
I dont believe any of the door wiring or jumper up front is necessary. According to the schematics attached the wiring is a direct connection to a receiver hub in the rear of the jeep.

Here is its location
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1643838229256

We would be looking at connector C2 Pin # 1 and 9.
1 - Beige with Dark Green tracer
9 - Beige with Blue tracer

You can check that these are present and if so then check for continuity on the handle side.

- Benny

Attachments

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sport S, ā€˜16 Silverado

Thanks
The only thing I would add is are you sure the dealer activated everything associated with the GXD? I used JScan and didn't initially activate the the antennas and it did exactly what you said. I reread the info on here, activated the antennas and it worked like a charm.

I'm not sure if you have JScan, the security bypass cable and a programmer, but if you have all the stuff it may be worth checking the dealer did it all correctly.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
The only thing I would add is are you sure the dealer activated everything associated with the GXD? I used JScan and didn't initially activate the the antennas and it did exactly what you said. I reread the info on here, activated the antennas and it worked like a charm.

I'm not sure if you have JScan, the security bypass cable and a programmer, but if you have all the stuff it may be worth checking the dealer did it all correctly.

This ^

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I had the rear gate working on mine for several weeks before I added the harness and additional wires for the doors. I activated mine with Jscan though as the dealer told me they couldn't add proximity.
Edit: First vehicle I've owned with proximity, loving it!

HairyDawgy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sport S
Thanks for the suggestions. I got lucky(maybe) and the technician at the dealer recently added the code and proximity to his gladiator, so He was familiar with the install and I expect that he added it correctly; however, I will still verify with JScan.
I also read somewhere where faulty caps were shipped, so I need to investigate that as well. Any guidance on testing the continuity would be appreciated.
Sponsored