Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

cyberjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
I bought my package from Nismopar and it was received within 5 days. Installed the whole thing in about 2 hours and used the Tazer to program everything. Super easy and works great!!
Does the Tazer have to remain plugged in after this is enabled?
Sponsored

gjoyce3

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willy's
Quick update on my install. I have a 2021 Willys (two door) and successfully installed the drivers and tailgate - waiting on passenger side parts now. As noted a page or so above by Kiros, my Jeep came with wires on pin 16(drivers side) and I can confirm that no bypass seems to be needed. A couple of further points:

1) Popping the first connector on the door panel is as nerve wracking as some off camber situations. Way more force needed than in my old TJ.
2) My Jeep did not come with remote start - so contrary to early posts in this (and other) threads, having remote start is not a precondition to install.
3) The tailgate install is only easier if you have small hands (or access to a teenager). Getting the wire harness unplugged and new one plugged in behind the sheet metal was an exercise in frustration until my 16yr old pushed me out of the way and had it done in under a minute. Admittedly, the take down to get to the wiring was way easier. Make sure you have a long torx key (or long slim extension) to get to the retaining bolt for the handle.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Quick update on my install. I have a 2021 Willys (two door) and successfully installed the drivers and tailgate - waiting on passenger side parts now. As noted a page or so above by Kiros, my Jeep came with wires on pin 16(drivers side) and I can confirm that no bypass seems to be needed. A couple of further points:

1) Popping the first connector on the door panel is as nerve wracking as some off camber situations. Way more force needed than in my old TJ.
2) My Jeep did not come with remote start - so contrary to early posts in this (and other) threads, having remote start is not a precondition to install.
3) The tailgate install is only easier if you have small hands (or access to a teenager). Getting the wire harness unplugged and new one plugged in behind the sheet metal was an exercise in frustration until my 16yr old pushed me out of the way and had it done in under a minute. Admittedly, the take down to get to the wiring was way easier. Make sure you have a long torx key (or long slim extension) to get to the retaining bolt for the handle.
I plan on doing the tailgate next after doing my front door. Issue I just realized is, I have my CB wire going through the harness and across to the panel inside. By replacing the harness, I won’t have that ability any longer unless I undo my CB wire going to the front and re-running it back.

May have to just zip tie it with the new harness.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone confirm, the swing gate/tailgate only requires the jumper to work? You do not need to swap the entire harness, that correct?

Part number from earlier post:
  • Swing Gate Wiring - 68351167AA

Sponsored

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone confirm, the swing gate/tailgate only requires the jumper to work? You do not need to swap the entire harness, that correct?

Part number from earlier post:
  • Swing Gate Wiring - 68351167AA
That is correct, it's just a small jumper in the existing harness that gets replaced. The part number you listed is also correct.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
That is correct, it's just a small jumper in the existing harness that gets replaced. The part number you listed is also correct.
That’s good to hear. This just solved my issue with the CB wire running through the harness. Planning to do the tailgate soon.

cyberjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
Great material covering driver/passenger doors, any guidance on this process for the tailgate?

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase
Great material covering driver/passenger doors, any guidance on this process for the tailgate?
Not much to it at all... The entire plastic panel comes off in one piece, just pop the push fasteners with a pry tool and it comes straight back to remove. There's a rubber plug directly behind the handle cap that gets removed then use a long T25 driver to completely unscrew the bolt (it stays in place) and remove the cap. The handle slides up and then pivots out just like the doors. There's a small jumper harness (you're not replacing the entire tailgate harness) for the lock that gets removed and replaced with the new harness, which also adds a plug for the new handle. Reassembly is just the reverse procedure.

justjoshhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2018
I ordered and received the parts for my 2018 JLU Sport S. Installed tailgate harness and activated proximity door locks with my Tazer. Works perfectly.

Being a Sport S, and not having pins 15 & 16, I ordered the jumpers through Nismopar. My issue is pins 20, 21, 25 & 26 already have wires at the IP connector to the body (XY315A).

Not sure if I should just splice into the wires as I am not sure where they go from there. Has anyone else had this issue?

XY315A-1.jpg
XY315A-2.jpg
Did you find an answer to the wiring issue? I am lost at what wires to connect and where to connect them to? I am missing 15, 16 and only doing the driver side. I have a 18 Sport S

Sponsored

Hellabee

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hella Yella JL
Hi all, new to jeeps and new to the forum. I just got a ‘21 JLU sport plus. I’m Irish, living in Dubai, so the car is a Euro spec sport plus… from what I gather these are different to the US spec sport, having the same fenders as Sahara etc.

I’ve read every post in this thread, thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Just like the US sport, my car is missing the 15/16 pins so will have to run those wires. Happy to do that. The question I have; does anyone know If the replacement door harness has the wires for the wing mirror turn signals?

Thanks in advance, Jamie

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Did you find an answer to the wiring issue? I am lost at what wires to connect and where to connect them to? I am missing 15, 16 and only doing the driver side. I have a 18 Sport S
If your missing the pins/wiring youll need to add it between the XY315A and XY600A connector. This company sells a wiring harness kit to make it easier than sourcing your own pins https://nismopar.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-custom-dash-harness-for-passive-entry

-Benny

JL JT PASSIVE ENTRY Modification.jpg

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Did my install yesterday, and figured out what I did not program in JScan to make them work this morning. It’s finally like it was supposed to be when I ordered it (it wasn’t an option unless I got the dual door option when I ordered in August) and well worth it.

ChiefKap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4-Door Sport (80th Anniversary)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary here-

AllMoparParts.com had a kit for around $500 that had all the parts listed above as one bundle, which came in literally 2 days (Westchester NY).

First installed the rear swing gate handle/cap & wire harness - took about 10 minutes panel off to panel back on. Next stop to the dealer to make sure it works before taking doors apart…

Went in the morning and spoke to the Manager of the Service Department. Explained how I was unable to purchase the option when building the Jeep because it was tied to the half door option which was a few grand I didn’t want to roll into my monthly.

Did all my homework ahead of time on this forum, and explained “I’m hoping to get the GXD sales code added to my VIN to support proximity entry.” Service Manager said he can do it in two minutes and to pull the Jeep in. Plugged in the wireless reader, tapped a few things on his iPad, write to the vehicle and wait 5 minutes for a full power down and BOOM, proximity now enabled and functional on the rear gate. Sure enough, codes were now present for missing handles, but that should go away once I get them installed. Will update if anything goes wrong.

TL;DR - I wasn’t sure if this could be done on a Sport model JL, but hot digidy it works.

ORunamukO

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
As stated in previous thread you want to make sure you already have the antennas needed. Sahara and Rubicon are supposed to already have them if you have keyless entry w/ push to start.

This is what I did along with the videos and resources I used.

Step 1 - swap handles
(Parts Needed: Torx T20)

Follow this video:

rear swing gate has a grommet that needs to be removed to access the T20 screw holding the cap.

Step 2 - remove door panels.
(Tools needed: Torx T20, Torx T30 & plastic pry tool)

PDF
http://www.myjlproject.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Door-Trim-Panel-Removal.pdf

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler JL JT PASSIVE ENTRY Modification

Follow this video to remove the panel

Step 3 - remove inner door card
(Tools needed: 10mm socket)

PDF
http://www.myjlproject.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Inner-Door-Plate-Removal.pdf

Remove 9 bolts around perimeter of the plate.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler JL JT PASSIVE ENTRY Modification

(Pic of all bolts and wires removed)

Roll the window down till you see the bolts holding the window. Remove bolts holding window and tape window up to keep it out of the way.

Once you have the window up you need to carefully pull the inner card back enough to get to the wire to the door lock and handle. This is the hardest part, you have to lift up slightly to get the bottom out first. You then have to pull down and twist just enough to clear the power window track and actuator.

(Tried to get a pic of the track you need to maneuver out)

Once you have the card pulled back enough remove and replace the door harness. This part is pretty self explanatory. Just make sure when you add the handle pigtail it is out of the way of the window path.

Step 4 - put everything back together

Step 5 - rear swing gate jumper
(Tools needed: Plastic pry tool)

Using a pry tool firmly pull the plastic panel off on the rear swing gate

(Pics borrowed from fellow members)

Step 6 - replace power lock harness with new jumper

Step 7 - put plastic panel back on

Step 8 - go to dealer and have them add sales code GXD and program vehicle

Parts List:

DOOR HARNESS

LF door

P/N 68325454AE (w/o BSM) - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68325454ae

P/N 68299333AE (w/ BSM) - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68299333ae

RF door

P/N 68325461AE (w/o BSM) - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68325461ae

P/N 68299332AE (w/ BSM) - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68299332ae

Rear Gate Jumper

P/N 68351167AA - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-jumper-wiring-68351167aa

HANDLES

Front doors

P/N 68307269AC - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-exterior-door-handle-right-68307269ac

rear swing gate

P/N 68309825AC - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-exterior-door-handle-68309825ac

CAPS

Front door caps

P/N 68307272AD - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-handle-cap-right-68307272ad

Rear swing gate

P/N 68309830AC - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-handle-cap-68309830ac

I have a 2018 JLUS will it work for earlier models or from specific year and up?
Sponsored