Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

2shaughnessy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL 4 Door
Good luck, Looking forward to the results :) and Welcome :)
Happy to report. that i now have drivers door Proximity.. Ill add my notes, as soon I get some time. which i should have plenty of now, that i dont have to pull my Key Fob out of my pocket..
Sponsored

Attachments

2shaughnessy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL 4 Door
Hello JL Wrangler Forms....

@ 50, my life long desire for a Jeep has been realized. 2021 Willy Unlimited. Not my first choice of color,, but its growing on me.

what an amazing site.. this is my 1st post.. I leased my jeep.. so i am taking any modifications slow and with deep consideration. I did not realize i was missing this feature, my last car had it.. just assumed it was Keyless entry... My bad..

anyway.. My willy, although my willy has Keyless, Push button start, remote start. etc.. it does not have the 15 & 16 Pins.. sadly..

but won't let that stop me.. now that it seems the enabling of Proximity with Jscan seems to be resolved. Time to get started..

I ordered my front Door kit, yeah i am sure ill get the tailgate later.. Happy to report that even though mopar Online performance, site said 45 days, my harness is arriving Wednesday, after only ordering it on Friday.

Since I am new to all of this, i opt'd to go with the Jscan vs. the Tazer. mainly because of cost.. and it being a lease.. I am not sure how far ill get to go with Mod's

I tried to order the Nismopar pre-made cables, but they are back ordered. .. so going with the old fashion cable making.

My Big install day is Thursday.. will see what happens.... I am sure I will hit some stumbles and have to hit the AutoParts store..

Parts for reference..

door handle and harness it.

https://www.moparonlineperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PSVENTRYJTJLDRV

Pin 15 & 16

Premade cables https://nismopar.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-custom-dash-harness-for-passive-entry

Manual Process

Term 42C https://connectorexperts.com/i-31643454-term42c.html
Term 114 https://connectorexperts.com/i-31643524-term114.html?ref=search:https://connectorexperts.com/search.html?q=term114&go=Go

Sadly, i could not find the Green|yellow Green|white but going with Red|black. I don't plan on doing the Passenger door, but will most likely do the prep work now, you know just incase... I will at least label the cables, for future reminder..

ODB (JScan)

Security Cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082PTBZ6K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bluetooth reader

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4873/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

I am happy to post a follow up after wards., my real reason was to thank all the contributors out there before me, that got me to this point..

Put me in the success column

2021 Jeep Willy Unlimited..

The Process is pretty well documented. So I won’t rehash it here..

Overall, I give the Door Handle and Harness a beginner level competency and I give the wiring a Moderate, depending if you are using the factory harness, or going the bypass route. It’s a very tight space, I think next time I would take the seat out. Its only 4 bolts.. (granted I don’t have electric seats or anything)

My Experience. out side of a few Nick and cuts on my hands. Went pretty straight forward.

Time Frame:

Door Handle: 10 Min..

Wiring Harness: 15 -35 min ( second door would be 15 min, was a little more careful on the 1st one)

Jumper Wiring: ??? Although I spent about 2 hours on this.. only to realize I was holding the connector upside down and my 2021 Jeep Will did not need any jumper wires.. Costly mistake of 68.00 for terminals.. oh well net time , Ill pay a little more attention.

P.S I have Terminal 114 and 42c for sale.. PM me if interested. Still have 7 sets.. ( 7.00 ea pair)

Useful video for taking off the kick plate..

Jscan, programing.. could not find any really videos out there. But go from your break peddle up. They are right there. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ions-parts-links-on-jl-wrangler.49241/page-31

Could not have accomplish this with out this site. And all the contributors. Thank you all...

Looking forward to the next MOD, once I figure out what to do.. lol

But end result is I now have driver’s Door Proximity Access
  • Push button to lock
  • Grab handle no button to open..

Attachments

Rob4162

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I ordered and received the parts for my 2018 JLU Sport S. Installed tailgate harness and activated proximity door locks with my Tazer. Works perfectly.

Being a Sport S, and not having pins 15 & 16, I ordered the jumpers through Nismopar. My issue is pins 20, 21, 25 & 26 already have wires at the IP connector to the body (XY315A).

Not sure if I should just splice into the wires as I am not sure where they go from there. Has anyone else had this issue?

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler XY315A-1
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler XY315A-2

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
Still looking to see if anyone has any suggestions as I am still unable to get the tailgate to work. It seems in most cases this is as simple as installing the parts and doing the programming. I have checked re-checked and triple-checked all the connections and pins, everything looks good. I have used both the Tazer and Jscan to program in both cases I get the radio info and can turn proximity on and off. Still have the issue that the key fob flashes at the button push or handle trap but no lock or unlock. If I turn off proximity from the radio the key fob no longer flashes. I have tried disconnecting the battery for 30 min and am open to ANY suggestions.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi Kyle,
Its about a 30 day wait but some have received their kits even sooner. The inventory is so fluid that we have added this buffer as not to lead on customers into thinking they will get it in a matter of days.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
Curious if the 45-day wait is still valid? Hoping to get this kit for Christmas. Just ordered tonight.

Sponsored

Gregorypa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport S
Getting ready to order the parts to do the driver door only in a Sport S. Does anyone know of a write up for running the needed wires between the connectors? How do these come apart to add the new pins? Also does anyone else make the pre made connectors besides nismopar? $130 seems a bit crazy! Thanks!

TheGav

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JL Sahara - 6 speed
Hi all,

I'm a fairly new Jeep owner (coming up on 1 year in Jan) and have been lurking on the forum to try and see which mod I'm doing first. I've decided on the proximity door entry mostly for the same reason as others-my last car had it and so I'm spoiled.

I've been sifting through the 102 pages and there's a ton of info...and since I'm new to the forum, I'm not aware of any search function specific to a thread. I just want to make sure I'm understanding the install process correctly for my '21 JLU Sahara (manual trans, not sure if that matters for this install).

Pending on if I have the pins 15 & 16, I could purchase the install from allmoparparts ( Genuine Mopar Passive Entry Kit - PSVENTRYJLBSM | All Mopar Parts ) and follow the install video above (). I do not own a JScan or Tazer at this time, but plan on purchasing one. So long as I find instruction on either of those 2 options to bypass the software, should this basically be plug and play? Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if there's a useful post within this thread someone can link me for my situation.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Hi all,

I'm a fairly new Jeep owner (coming up on 1 year in Jan) and have been lurking on the forum to try and see which mod I'm doing first. I've decided on the proximity door entry mostly for the same reason as others-my last car had it and so I'm spoiled.

I've been sifting through the 102 pages and there's a ton of info...and since I'm new to the forum, I'm not aware of any search function specific to a thread. I just want to make sure I'm understanding the install process correctly for my '21 JLU Sahara (manual trans, not sure if that matters for this install).

Pending on if I have the pins 15 & 16, I could purchase the install from allmoparparts ( Genuine Mopar Passive Entry Kit - PSVENTRYJLBSM | All Mopar Parts ) and follow the install video above (). I do not own a JScan or Tazer at this time, but plan on purchasing one. So long as I find instruction on either of those 2 options to bypass the software, should this basically be plug and play? Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if there's a useful post within this thread someone can link me for my situation.
You have a Sahara so the pins should be there. So you need the parts kit and a way to program the function.
Gregj

Kiros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
Awesome thread, I installed my locks today and everything works. Though I am somewhat curious, my wrangler already has pin 16 and proximity entry (lock/unlock) works flawlessly without 15. I'm not complaining but do I even need pin 15?

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 20211026_215405

Last edited:

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Awesome thread, I installed my locks today and everything works. Though I am somewhat curious, my wrangler already has pin 16 and proximity entry (lock/unlock) works flawlessly without 15. I'm not complaining but do I even need pin 15?

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 20211026_215405

Did you install this for both drivers and pass doors? Perhaps there was a wiring change in which the circuits were combined to save on material.

- Benny

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase

gjoyce3

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willy's
I'm not complaining but do I even need pin 15?
I am in the same situation. Any problems since installing? For the moment I an just doing the driver's side and will do tailgate next. Passager side will wait until wife or someone I am carting around complains.

Kiros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
Did you install this for both drivers and pass doors? Perhaps there was a wiring change in which the circuits were combined to save on material.

- Benny
Yes, I did both the driver and passenger side same day. I did the tailgate about a week before since I wanted to put the Jeep Molle bags on the swing gate and from there it was eating at me every day until I finally did the both front doors.

It could be a possibility they changed the wiring for the 2021s or second half 2021s. I bought my Sport S at the end of October and the only additional packages on it was the Cold Weather Package and upgraded alpine sound system.

I am in the same situation. Any problems since installing? For the moment I an just doing the driver's side and will do tailgate next. Passager side will wait until wife or someone I am carting around complains.
Nope! all 3 are working fine. After I was finished with the driver side I immediately began working on the passenger because I already had my tools out and I wasn't as squeamish popping off the passenger side trim. The tailgate is by far the easiest to do.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I’ve used Google to search through this thread, but didn’t find this answer.
I have proximity doors, but could I add this to the rear seat doors as well?
Sponsored