Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Yes, you will very likely need door harnesses(s). There was a post very early on that someone had them installed from the factory, but of the thousands of installs by now, if it was common there would be many posts about it. Anyway. look for these wires in the door harness at the connector.
99D7218F-4626-4661-9ED7-06C98F9E522D.jpeg

They are a green/yellow and green/white color wires.
Gregj
Sponsored

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Yes, you will very likely need door harnesses(s). There was a post very early on that someone had them installed from the factory, but of the thousands of installs by now, if it was common there would be many posts about it. Anyway. look for these wires in the door harness at the connector.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 99D7218F-4626-4661-9ED7-06C98F9E522D

They are a green/yellow and green/white color wires.
Gregj
Ok. If I have those you are saying all I need is the handles?

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Yes, and caps and some programming.

Iā€™m 99.99% sure they are not there.
Gregj
So Iā€™m color blind. I assume you are directing me to the two wires above the screw driver? šŸ˜Š

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Ok. If I have those you are saying all I need is the handles?
You need the door harness also but depends if you do all or one etc.

• LF Door Wiring - 68299333AF
  • RF Door Wiring - 68299332AF
  • Swing Gate Wiring - 68351167AA
  • Handles - 68307269AC (x2)
  • Handle Caps - 68307272AD (x2)
  • Swing Gate Handle - 68309825AC
  • Swing Gate Cap - 68309830AC

Here is the kit for reference to all this but I think it is on back order. I think individual parts may be. Do your research and read more of this thread. There is a lot of good info.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventjlbsm.html

Sponsored

Raptorz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
Iā€™ll give my review so far.
Added to driver side door only on my 2021 sport s. I did not have to add the 2 single wires. My only options are technology, heated seats, and convenience group. Used the tazer mini and it worked right away.

installing the parts was relatively easy with one exception. The 2 bolts that hold my window were on incredibly tight. I sheared one off and then attempted to drill it out and was particularly successful, I ended up using smaller coarse treaded bolts since an original bolt will not catch.
I plan on buying a new window track and reinstalling it in a few weeks. Anyone have to replace their window track yet? Is there anything special to removing it from the door?

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
I managed to create a door harness AND a locker wiring set out of the tailgate harness.

20210723_181605.jpg

20210723_181614.jpg

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
If anyone who is doing this runs into the issue of the key fob flashing but no lock/unlock please let me how how you fixed it. I have been baffled by this for months on my tailgate install, 2020 Sahara

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Got proximity installed last night. Iā€™d say it went fairly smoothly. The install was easy just taking it slowly. The tazer activation and subsequent reboot and sleep cycles tried to throw me for a minute but I was able to prevail and now can enjoy the fruits of my labor.

ChiefKap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4-Door Sport (80th Anniversary)
Iā€™ve been searching this thread for hours and canā€™t seem to find a solid answer as to whether or not this mod will work for a JLUS (with remote start and safety mirrors). If I have the two green wires in my door harness am I good, or do I need to confirm antennas as well? Iā€™m not too concerned about the rear gate, but any information there for a JLUS would be helpful too. Thanks.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Iā€™ve been searching this thread for hours and canā€™t seem to find a solid answer as to whether or not this mod will work for a JLUS (with remote start and safety mirrors). If I have the two green wires in my door harness am I good, or do I need to confirm antennas as well? Iā€™m not too concerned about the rear gate, but any information there for a JLUS would be helpful too. Thanks.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 12C5B421-FE35-4151-89F4-A5DC355F58D3

If you have those 2 wires in your body harness then youā€™re good to go.If youā€™re going with the full kit then no worries it will come with everything you need.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Only way to know for sure is disconnect the door harness and look for those two wires, Iā€™m 99.99% sure they wonā€™t be in the harness. Just order the door harness, handle and cap for one or both doors and install. The antennas are there as they are needed for the push to start system.

Gregj