Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

Purplehayes

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Here’s what I figured out after I removed my caps. They are the same part numbers and my original ones. I never confirmed the part numbers after I ordered the parts. So I took them apart and there is no magnets in them. Here is a picture of mine, but the dates are older then the 1/4. I am ordering the correct ones tomorrow. I’ll keep you updated. Thanks.

4E3F8E09-5101-4564-8406-8A9156012839.jpeg
So I got the correct caps today and everything works great. Thank you everyone for all your help. Either I gave the part guy the wrong number for the cap or he just got me the wrong ones. But I received the ones without the magnet. So if your having trouble with the fronts not working and the rear does just check your caps.

willhayward

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
So I got the correct caps today and everything works great. Thank you everyone for all your help. Either I gave the part guy the wrong number for the cap or he just got me the wrong ones. But I received the ones without the magnet. So if your having trouble with the fronts not working and the rear does just check your caps.
Did my install on driver side door only today - took about 1.5 hours. 2 minutes to set on my Tazer Mini and BAM - works perfect. I traded in a Overland Cherokee for this Wrangler and this is the only feature I truly missed. I couldn’t have given myself a better father day gift “from my kids”…. :)

Rdog

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I was already enabled in U-connect so I turned it off and cycled it, then back on. I don't think it's a pin because none of 3 doors work, but I will check. Still nothing on any of 3 doors after cycling. What was that about missing a wire on the Sport S that someone mentioned? I also checked in the Tazer menu and proximity was enabled. Help!
Hi I just installed all 3 doors and also did the tazer and notnibg. Did u ever get yours work ? This is driving me crazy? Any tips to help

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
I have had no success with my tailgate. Having tried just about everythIng My key fob flashes when I grab the handle or push the button but no lock or unlock. Last thing I tired was setting the fob to open all doors when pushed hoping that might work but no luck.

Sponsored

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I have had no success with my tailgate. Having tried just about everythIng My key fob flashes when I grab the handle or push the button but no lock or unlock. Last thing I tired was setting the fob to open all doors when pushed hoping that might work but no luck.
Some seem to have had success removing the piece with the magnet in it and reversing the position of the magnet like it is in with the wrong pole facing in. Sounds right. Also, some have received the piece that is supposed to have the magnet but it is missing. Check it out too.

Rdog

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Did my install on driver side door only today - took about 1.5 hours. 2 minutes to set on my Tazer Mini and BAM - works perfect. I traded in a Overland Cherokee for this Wrangler and this is the only feature I truly missed. I couldn’t have given myself a better father day gift “from my kids”…. :)
I put in the drives door and tail gate and nothing is working . I also used the tazer mini and not working. Anything u think I could do ?? Thanks for the info

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I put in the drives door and tail gate and nothing is working . I also used the tazer mini and not working. Anything u think I could do ?? Thanks for the info
What model wrangler do you have because some are missing the wiring?

Rdog

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
What model wrangler do you have because some are missing the wiring?
2021 sport wills
I looked like I have the pins in the right place. If they are missing how hard is it to get working? I installed the new wire harnesss and used the tazer and still nothing . Driving me nuts

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Sufficient
2021 sport wills
I looked like I have the pins in the right place. If they are missing how hard is it to get working? I installed the new wire harnesss and used the tazer and still nothing . Driving me nuts
I don't believe the Sport has the matching wiring. Go to page 15 to about 17 in this same string and you can see pictures of the plug...or...look at your removed door wiring assembly connector and match it to the new connector assembly...the one coming from your door that disconnects when you remove your door. See what wires are added on the new plug that you installed in your door. Then match that up visually to the plug to see if it has wiring on the body side connector.

Sponsored

Rdog

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I don't believe the Sport has the matching wiring. Go to page 15 to about 17 in this same string and you can see pictures of the plug...or...look at your removed door wiring assembly connector and match it to the new connector assembly...the one coming from your door that disconnects when you remove your door. See what wires are added on the new plug that you installed in your door. Then match that up visually to the plug to see if it has wiring on the body side connector.
This is the connection . Seems like I have the correct on in the car right?

313212BD-3F41-4DEC-A4BD-974E6CDF0199.jpeg

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
What happens if you want to add the rest? Can you buy individual part numbers or portions of a kit to satisfy the remaining system? I would be interested in getting the drivers side and a tazer since I have neither, but want the option of at least adding the rear door at some point. I tried to see if the dealership would install it, but that seemed to be a hard pass.

Rdog

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
This is the connection . Seems like I have the correct on in the car right?

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 313212BD-3F41-4DEC-A4BD-974E6CDF0199
Can anyone confirm this is deft what I need inside the car? I just want to make sure I’m not wating my time and money. I installed all the handles and wire harness and unlocked it with the tazer and still not working. I tested the caps with a magnet . Not sure if I need to bring to dealer and have the GXD Code added

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I'm thinking after reading this thread that I want to start small. I don't have all the time in the world to get a large project completed so I was thinking about just ordering the drivers side and the tazer. Does anyone see an issue with adding additional components at a later date once I get my feet wet with the initial run?

willhayward

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I'm thinking after reading this thread that I want to start small. I don't have all the time in the world to get a large project completed so I was thinking about just ordering the drivers side and the tazer. Does anyone see an issue with adding additional components at a later date once I get my feet wet with the initial run?
Nope. This is the route I took. I'll add tailgate next.
Sponsored