Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

rr1965

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Thinking about doing the passive entry install to my sport S. A bit confused about the wires needed between the xy315a and the door harness. Some posts say there are wires on both sides of 20/21 and 25/26. Is this the case? Also which side do you tap into? I’m assuming the side that has the blank pins below but a poster said this didn’t work. Thank
Jeff, you have a Sport S? If you do the first step is to verify you have pins 15 and 16 in the body side of the door connector, I believe they will not be preset as they are usually not present in the Sport S.
51F0E853-E0E8-41E3-AFFD-9D6984DBD17C.jpeg

If they are not there it’s not the end of the world, it just means a few extra steps. It’s what I had to do to add them to mine. The thread linked above has all the info.

There is a vendor linked in the last page who sells premise wires if you need them.

Gregj
For those who have added the pins to the xy600a connector, do you need to separate the halves to get the wires in, or just use a pin insertion tool?
Sponsored

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
The end caps fit like this. You put the handle in the door and then the end cap slips in next to the handle, not inside or attached to it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler B0DA6DC0-FBE1-4ED5-B6C8-EAD913C807FC
Ok, that was a really dumb question...so how about this one. I installed these yesterday, both front doors and rear door. Quick and easy. But, today I got the Tazer Mini, programmed the vehicle for "proximity" yet nothing happens. I went back in and the system still says it is set for proximity. Any ideas? I wrote to Z automotive, the tazer manufacturer, because they don't give out their phone number, and maybe they have a thought.

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Did you check in your Uconnect settings to see if it was turned on there? The Tazer only tells the Jeep you have this feature installed, it doesn't necessarily turn it on/off.

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Check the main from door connections for any bent pins as well. That has been seen a few times now. I used JScan and it was enabled in Uconnect but Tazer might be different.

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I was already enabled in U-connect so I turned it off and cycled it, then back on. I don't think it's a pin because none of 3 doors work, but I will check. Still nothing on any of 3 doors after cycling. What was that about missing a wire on the Sport S that someone mentioned? I also checked in the Tazer menu and proximity was enabled. Help!

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I was already enabled in U-connect so I turned it off and cycled it, then back on. I don't think it's a pin because none of 3 doors work, but I will check. Still nothing on any of 3 doors after cycling. What was that about missing a wire on the Sport S that someone mentioned? I also checked in the Tazer menu and proximity was enabled. Help!
I don't have a diagram or full understanding exactly how this system operates to t-shoot for you but in basic terms the controls do route through the drivers door to control all as you know. It might not be a bent pin but just have seen when others have had issues the majority indicated that was the issue. It is very easy to do with these weird connectors.

Do things work like they did before with manual switching / key fob and just the proximity is not working? Meaning.. have you lost all function now or just no proximity? Some details would be helpful.

You might consider backtracking as there is likely a problem at one of your doors. I would have done one at a time and tested. I did the back first as I only had those parts and all worked. I then ordered the driver door parts and it worked. Have not done the passenger yet. Filling my piggy bank back up still.

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I don't have a diagram or full understanding exactly how this system operates to t-shoot for you but in basic terms the controls do route through the drivers door to control all as you know. It might not be a bent pin but just have seen when others have had issues the majority indicated that was the issue. It is very easy to do with these weird connectors.

Do things work like they did before with manual switching / key fob and just the proximity is not working? Meaning.. have you lost all function now or just no proximity? Some details would be helpful.

You might consider backtracking as there is likely a problem at one of your doors. I would have done one at a time and tested. I did the back first as I only had those parts and all worked. I then ordered the driver door parts and it worked. Have not done the passenger yet. Filling my piggy bank back up still.
Everything else works as it did, just nothing new added after the install. It is a 2020 JLUD Sport.

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
No flash.
Do you have remote start? Like I said.. I'm not sure of the ins & outs how and what is required to make proximity work. Just comparing to my experience and trying to help.

I have a 2018 Sahara with remote start. Used JScan to enable the proximity & antennas and everything worked. I believe with Given that if yours doesn't even flash is why I'm asking about remote start if that is necessary or not. I assume you got the right parts.

You can look back in this thread where it talks about the sport needing the additional wiring and look to see if these are on your connectors as you asked earlier. I see you mention a sport now in your updated post. That might be your issue if so. I did not study the sport details as I don't have that.

Edit - I think this is what you want to look for on the main harness if questionable on sport s.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nks-on-jl-wrangler.49241/page-76#post-1406518

This post where the check for wiring is spelled out also.. I hope something here helps.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nks-on-jl-wrangler.49241/page-31#post-1152476

Last edited:

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
I am still having the same issues that the key fob flashes but nothing locks or unlocks and at this point kind of given up. If anyone has other TS ideas I am open to trying. 2020 JLU Sahara, remote start, programed and in the Uconnect, only did the tailgate as a test and have tried to sets of parts. On a side note have a set of parts for the tailgate I can sell.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I am still having the same issues that the key fob flashes but nothing locks or unlocks and at this point kind of given up. If anyone has other TS ideas I am open to trying. 2020 JLU Sahara, remote start, programed and in the Uconnect, only did the tailgate as a test and have tried to sets of parts. On a side note have a set of parts for the tailgate I can sell.
I wish I had more thoughts David.. If you were local I would have you come by and help out (could swap parts). I am a former auto tech many years ago now so have some understanding but don't have the material to go into this (books/diagrams) to get to the bottom of it. I would be seriously bummed if I were in your position. Hopefully someone with the background or materials stops in.

Have you ever had your front door connectors off or apart?

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
I wish I had more thoughts David.. If you were local I would have you come by and help out (could swap parts). I am a former auto tech many years ago now so have some understanding but don't have the material to go into this (books/diagrams) to get to the bottom of it. I would be seriously bummed if I were in your position. Hopefully someone with the background or materials stops in.

Have you ever had your front door connectors off or apart?
I have and had focused on the passenger side as I did some work there installing the Aux switches, I did have a bent pin that caused the side view mirror to stop moving but got that fixed. I will check the driver's side but everything else works and the fob flashes.
Sponsored