Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Well, another strike. Lef the battery disconnected for about 30+min some results. I have the eTorque system on the 2.0l and my understanding is that I only have the main battery and the 48V eTourque system battery but no smaller battery. I did check and it looks like my Uconnect is up to date.
Strange.. Shot in the dark but did you try separate fobs? Dumb question but the fob is outside when you try this? Did you ever have a new fob added or exchanged? I'm stretching..

Not sure exactly how this works for the signal routing and action. Meaning if the fob ultimately responds to the function or just a response for proximity and the functions are handled within the BCM after acknowledgment.
Sponsored

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
Strange.. Shot in the dark but did you try separate fobs? Dumb question but the fob is outside when you try this? Did you ever have a new fob added or exchanged? I'm stretching..

Not sure exactly how this works for the signal routing and action. Meaning if the fob ultimately responds to the function or just a response for proximity and the functions are handled within the BCM after acknowledgment.
Thanks for the suggestions, I did try having different fobs with me and made sure that neither was in the car. I just can't seem to figure out what could be the issue as it seems it is sending a signal but not getting to the "lock/unlock" system for some reason.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
So I just went through your past messages on this .. did not realize how long you have been waiting to sort this out. A real bummer.

I see you used the Tazer method and talked about trying the JScan. Did you ever go forward with the JScan? That is the only variable I see at the moment. Has anyone confirmed Tazer works? I can confirm JScan does and the only difference I see. Does the Tazer have the same menu as the writeup from Etch? Tazer originally talked about some rolling PIN for the 2018 but mine is working fine so not sure they have it all 100% or know what they are talking about on this one.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I just went through your past messages on this .. did not realize how long you have been waiting to sort this out. A real bummer.

I see you used the Tazer method and talked about trying the JScan. Did you ever go forward with the JScan? That is the only variable I see at the moment. Has anyone confirmed Tazer works? I can confirm JScan does and the only difference I see. Does the Tazer have the same menu as the writeup from Etch? Tazer originally talked about some rolling PIN for the 2018 but mine is working fine so not sure they have it all 100% or know what they are talking about on this one.
i did end up trying both Tazer which does seem to give me the settings as well as JScan have tried both separately and same results.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Others have used the Tazer to change the settings. Have you updated the Tazer to the latest version? Only thing I can think of is a glitch with your Tazer.
Gregj

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
i did end up trying both Tazer which does seem to give me the settings as well as JScan have tried both separately and same results.
So another stretch and I'm sure you probably did but have you tired returning the settings to non and then back to proximity? I see you had unmarried the Tazer to go back to the dealer. Not sure if this returns everything to factory but I know it does with other similar tools I have used such as a SCT for my Camaro.

When using jScan you did each antenna set to smart + the proximity enable?

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So another stretch and I'm sure you probably did but have you tired returning the settings to non and then back to proximity? I see you had unmarried the Tazer to go back to the dealer. Not sure if this returns everything to factory but I know it does with other similar tools I have used such as a SCT for my Camaro.

When using jScan you did each antenna set to smart + the proximity enable?
Any suggestion is appreciated at this point. I have tried both Tazer & Jscan from clean resets of the system and in both cases get the same result. I have updated the Tazer to the latest software as well. There is a new version that is just in Beta that I may try as well to see if that does anything different. But in all the cases I have tried I end up at the same place fob flashes but no lock or unlock and I can turn it off or on completely by removing or adding the checkmark from the radio setup screen

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Any suggestion is appreciated at this point. I have tried both Tazer & Jscan from clean resets of the system and in both cases get the same result. I have updated the Tazer to the latest software as well. There is a new version that is just in Beta that I may try as well to see if that does anything different. But in all the cases I have tried I end up at the same place fob flashes but no lock or unlock and I can turn it off or on completely by removing or adding the checkmark from the radio setup screen
I wonder if Tazer or JScan has seen this. Have you tried to reach out to either and explain the situation?
The only other suggestion I can think of at this stage is to try one of the front doors but can appreciate concern spending more $ and it not working. Someone here I’m sure would purchase the parts if they are good and you don’t want to pursue.

Maybe someone closer can help with a working unit and try things.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if Tazer or JScan has seen this. Have you tried to reach out to either and explain the situation?
The only other suggestion I can think of at this stage is to try one of the front doors but can appreciate concern spending more $ and it not working. Someone here I’m sure would purchase the parts if they are good and you don’t want to pursue.

Maybe someone closer can help with a working unit and try things.
Thanks again for the help - I will reach out to Tazer & Jscan to see if they have ever seen anything like this as well as maybe look at swapping some parts. If I ever get it working I will certainly post the solution.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Thanks again for the help - I will reach out to Tazer & Jscan to see if they have ever seen anything like this as well as maybe look at swapping some parts. If I ever get it working I will certainly post the solution.
Cool.. the anxiety is killing me.. can't imagine how you feel after all this time. This kind of thing usually happens to me. I'm sure there is a solution and that seems like a good way to keep moving forward and not giving up. Risk is low with parts costs.. they will sell here no issue if necessary.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Another success story using Jscan. Only thing I thought was weird was the proximity line didn’t show in the settings for about a day but worked right away. Thanks everyone for providing so much info to make this stuff possible.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool.. the anxiety is killing me.. can't imagine how you feel after all this time. This kind of thing usually happens to me. I'm sure there is a solution and that seems like a good way to keep moving forward and not giving up. Risk is low with parts costs.. they will sell here no issue if necessary.
Just thinking i
Rechecked all the parts and wiring and the connections at the front passenger main harness as I did do some work on that when I added the Aux switches. As far as I can tell everything is in good shape. I rechecked the harness at the tailgate seems fine as all the other functions work, lock unlock from the fob. Since I get the red flash on the fob at the handle grab or button push I feel pretty sure that the handle is working, swapping the original non-magnet cap also causes it to stop so again I think all the parts are good. What I do not know is how does the system trigger the locks, if the light on the fob is flashing then the signal is being sent but it is not causing the lock/unlock to happen. Is there anything else I can try and reset?

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
David, have you checked for bent pins or ones that slid back in the door connectors (the big disconnects when you remove the doors)? Assuming you touched those. They have a tendency to bend pins.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
David, have you checked for bent pins or ones that slid back in the door connectors (the big disconnects when you remove the doors)? Assuming you touched those. They have a tendency to bend pins.
I did check all the pins, at this point I have only done the tailgate as I wanted to tet that before I went through all the work on the doors

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Ah, yes that should work.
build date? Is this an early 18?
Sponsored