Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
In a Sport S the wires are present in the body harness but are missing in the dash side of the connector and the cavity is filled with a plug to keep the connector water tight, that is the little plastic stub you see sticking out.

Best way is to open up the connector and unlock it and remove the plug and insert the proper terminal and wire.
Gregj

The door connector in the kick panel is part of the dash harness.
Sponsored

Reactions: KNN

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Many of us have done this to our Sport S Jeeps. You will need to add wires to the harness, I would try to avoid the cheap butt connector hack job and insert pins into the connector, it will be a more reliable and professional installation.
Gregj
I wish I could have repined but was afraid I'd end up making a bigger mess. So I'm just using butt connectors and taping everything up as best I can. I'll find out if it works when I finally get my set.

IMG_6865.JPG

IMG_6866.JPG

EvanKon67

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe
Occupation
Production Maintenance Manager
I wish I could have repined but was afraid I'd end up making a bigger mess. So I'm just using butt connectors and taping everything up as best I can. I'll find out if it works when I finally get my set.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler IMG_6866.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler IMG_6866.JPG
How did you get the passenger side wiring over to the instrument panel connector (XY315A) in the driver kick panel - OR is there also a instrument panel connector in the passenger side kick panel as well? Thanks much!

EvanKon67

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Looking
I have some of the terminals left, so if you are interested PM and we can work something out.

The XY315A connector is behind the driver's side kick panel. I can take pictures tomorrow to show you where it is.

Looking for terminals if you still have any? If not, do you have any info I can use to order them? Thanks much!

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
How did you get the passenger side wiring over to the instrument panel connector (XY315A) in the driver kick panel - OR is there also a instrument panel connector in the passenger side kick panel as well? Thanks much!
I just ran it under the carpet and over the transmission tunnel to the passenger side. There was a lot of space.

Looking for terminals if you still have any? If not, do you have any info I can use to order them? Thanks much!
I also contacted her. She doesn't have any left. It wasn't worth buying it in quantities they come in. This is what I found from this thread:

https://connectorexperts.com/i-31643524-term114.html?ref=category:1458515;brand:100061
https://connectorexperts.com/i-3164...nectorexperts.com/search.html?q=TERM42C&go=Go

Sponsored

EvanKon67

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just ran it under the carpet and over the transmission tunnel to the passenger side. There was a lot of space.

I also contacted her. She doesn't have any left. It wasn't worth buying it in quantities they come in. This is what I found from this thread:

https://connectorexperts.com/i-31643524-term114.html?ref=category:1458515;brand:100061
https://connectorexperts.com/i-31643454-term42c.html?ref=search:https://connectorexperts.com/search.html?q=TERM42C&go=Go

Here's something interesting!! I bought this custom harness and will see how it works once it comes in!! I did do a splice on the driver's side but this looks like the ticket!?!?

https://nismopar.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-custom-dash-harness-for-passive-entry

JL_JT_Sport_Harness.jpg

Bigdogfan63

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Wondering if any one has successfully added the proximity to there JL sport I have all power and remote start thanks

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Jeff, you have a Sport S? If you do the first step is to verify you have pins 15 and 16 in the body side of the door connector, I believe they will not be preset as they are usually not present in the Sport S.
51F0E853-E0E8-41E3-AFFD-9D6984DBD17C.jpeg

If they are not there it’s not the end of the world, it just means a few extra steps. It’s what I had to do to add them to mine. The thread linked above has all the info.

There is a vendor linked in the last page who sells premise wires if you need them.

Gregj

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
Thought I would post agin to see if anyone else has had an issue where everything seems to be in place and programing seems to have worked, via Tazer, but the locking and unlocking does not work. I do see the key fob flash when I push the lock button or grab the handle to unlock but noting happens (no lock or unlock). I have just installed the tailgate handle & harness as a test before I went to the main doors

Bigdogfan63

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Jeff, you have a Sport S? If you do the first step is to verify you have pins 15 and 16 in the body side of the door connector, I believe they will not be preset as they are usually not present in the Sport S.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 51F0E853-E0E8-41E3-AFFD-9D6984DBD17C

If they are not there it’s not the end of the world, it just means a few extra steps. It’s what I had to do to add them to mine. The thread linked above has all the info.

There is a vendor linked in the last page who sells premise wires if you need them.

Gregj
Someone posted a link to some premodern jumpers so I ordered them and if it’s ok I’ll reach out when I get them
Sponsored