Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

Buzzguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Not sure what I am missing but based on what others have done with a 2020 Sahara I would think it should work. Still just doing the tailgate at this point
Have you tried another door?

Not too sure but my 2019 Sahara certainly did have what I needed other than to replace the handles, caps, and harnesses, and then finish it up with JScan.
Sponsored

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
Have you tried another door?

Not too sure but my 2019 Sahara certainly did have what I needed other than to replace the handles, caps, and harnesses, and then finish it up with JScan.
I only purchased the tailgate handle and Wiring to test it before I went all in on the main doors

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
The wiring harnesses and jumper cable are on national back order without ETA... anyone have any luck on these?

Sponsored

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon
To add to the fun... My 2021 Willys S Diesel had the wiring on the dash side, didn’t have to add anything other than the door harness, handle and cap. Tazer handled the programming just fine.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the main harness on the passenger side what wire or wires am I looking for in regards to what’s needed for the tailgate. I have the tailgate harness handle and cap installed and programmed and all I get is a flash on my key fob for lock button or open attempt so it’s close to working but just not completely

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Look in this connector inside the tailgate for pins 3 & 5.

xy550a.jpg

gateswitch.jpg

xNachoPandaXx

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jl
Hello guys been following this thread for a while now

so i installed the handles Two weeks ago and I took it to try to get the code GXD installed but all we could find was the passive entry menu... fast forward to now, i used jscan to switch thePassive entry settings on my JL so now the only thing that works is the trunk the passenger and driver doors do not work so could it be that I am missing antennas that I need to maybe install I have a 2020 JL base model but it has the keyless entry from factory and push button start

any help would be appreciated it

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look in this connector inside the tailgate for pins 3 & 5.

xy550a.jpg

gateswitch.jpg
Thanks - just did some checking and I have all the wires and pins at the tailgate. Since the red light on the key fob flashes when I push the lock button or grab the handle to open it would seem that it has power and is sending a signal it is just not locking or unlocking the door. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I remember when the pandemic started that I needed a project for my jeep. I ordered the parts in June thinking this would occupy my time for the next month. I received my door handles, end caps, and the tailgate harness pretty quickly. Got those items installed and JScan to get the tailgate working. Last month, I finally received the harnesses for the front doors, but they sent me two for the passenger door. I got one of those installed and the passenger door was working. Well today, about 7 months later, I finally got the driver door harness and I can call the project complete. Thank you everyone who has contributed to this topic. Awesome example of the Jeep community.

xNachoPandaXx

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jl
Update: i read the entire thread took me a while but i think i got it now but i would like someone to verify, to make the handles work on the passenger side you gotta run 2 cables correct, but those 2 cables will pin into the door harness on that side just like the driver side? Pin 25->>>16 & 26->>>15? I just bought some connectors fabric tape etc to make this work! I really hope this works!

596E143B-06C3-40CE-9E28-142E9BBA26C1.png

Tom73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500, 1967 Chevy 2
Let me begin by thanking everyone for their contributions to this thread. I’m planning on doing this to my 21 JLR. While watching a video there was mention that the 21’s may already have the required harness and since I solely want to do the drivers door I’ll try ordering a single handle and cap.

questions:
1. Has anyone done this on a 21 and was the harness needed?
2. In the video I saw the person didn’t program the vehicle although it might have been programmed prior for the other door - can anyone confirm?
2a. If required what programmer is suggested?
3. Has anyone recently been able to order the individual parts instead of the complete kit?

thanks for the advice

Last edited:

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Let me begin by thanking everyone for their contributions to this thread. I’m planning on doing this to my 21 JLR. While watching a video there was mention that the 21’s may already have the required harness and since I solely want to do the drivers door I’ll try ordering a single handle and cap.

questions:
1. Has anyone done this on a 21 and was the harness needed?
2. In the video I saw the person didn’t program the vehicle although it might have been programmed prior for the other door - can anyone confirm?
2a. If required what programmer is suggested?
3. Has anyone recently been able to order the individual parts instead of the complete kit?

thanks for the advice
Interested in this too

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
@Tom73 @Bigfx1 yes the parts can be ordered individually, and yes you can do just the one door. I used JScan to program mine, others have used the Tazer. The only way to tell is to open up the door panel and compare the part number or maybe look for wires in the #15 and 16 cavity in the door harness plug. Bigfx1 if you are near by I would be willing to help.

Gregj
Sponsored