Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
The BSM wires are in the connector for the mirror, as long as that is the same (I believe it is) should not be a problem.
Gregj
Sponsored

Buzzguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
The BSM wires are in the connector for the mirror, as long as that is the same (I believe it is) should not be a problem.
Gregj
Sounds great. I suspected so, but didnā€™t want to open it all up without a little guidance.

JeepRumbler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
Wow this thread has taken off! Iā€™ve been out of town and away from my Jeep since last year, but I finally got back and decided to make a jumper for the Sport S install I was working on. I took some pictures while I was in there to hopefully make it a little easier. I only did the driverā€˜s side, but the passenger side isnā€™t different except the wires you connect to on the XY315A.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler B3B715D6-27CF-43DA-8C5C-1B8BAFBEE3FE

You have to remove the kick panel to the left of the pedals in order to access this connector. I marked in the picture where you want to jump your wires to.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 8B7F03D6-A286-47F8-B906-DF098F7E165E

This is the connector when it is unplugged. You can see that I cut 25 and 26 so that I can hook the driver handle up. I also marked 20 and 21 which is what you need to splice into for the passenger handle.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 564016BE-E02F-46BE-83EF-71C44F92C938

This is me trying to show what the harness looks like where you cut it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 0A884CDD-4A1F-4498-81AC-AF6EABE68253

These are the wires I spliced into on the new door harness. I ran my jumpers from these to the butt connectors that I installed on the XY315A from earlier.

After that the proximity should work! I know someone was asking earlier if 16 could go to 26 and 15 could go to 25. The answer is no. If these go on backwards, it will not work. I used a male connector on 15 and female on 25 and male on 26 with female on 16 so that these canā€™t get mixed up. I do plan to come back and clean up and add a weather pack connector to it and run the passenger wiring.

Thanks for so much help along the thread.

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My thought is I need the JScan. I ordered the security bypass and scanner and will give that a try. One question is should I unmarry the Tazer then use JScan to enable then remarry the Tazer or can I just attach and program with the JScan as is and then reconnect the Tazer?

I'm confused by this post. jscan can enabled proximity.. but so can the tazer (with a firmware update) so.. if you have the tazer, why would you want to pay for jscan, the dongle, and the security bypass.. then go through the effort of uninstalling the tazer to do something it can do already?

Am I completely misunderstanding your post?

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
I'm confused by this post. jscan can enabled proximity.. but so can the tazer (with a firmware update) so.. if you have the tazer, why would you want to pay for jscan, the dongle, and the security bypass.. then go through the effort of uninstalling the tazer to do something it can do already?

Am I completely misunderstanding your post?
I have added the functionality with the Tazer and I get the option on the radio and can turn it on. The issue is that nothing happens when I use the button on the handle with the locks, I get a flash on my key fob when I try to lock or unlock but nothing actually happens with the lock. I thought maybe using scan I could activate the antennas or something not activated by the taser but that did not work either.

Sponsored

jlgunner2

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I just got my parts and they sent me the 68299333AF which is for a Wrangler with BSM for the front driver side harness instead of the 68325454AE which I ordered for mine as I donā€™t have BSM. Does anyone know if this will work?
they discontinued the non BSM.... I have the BSM on mine and it works

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have added the functionality with the Tazer and I get the option on the radio and can turn it on. The issue is that nothing happens when I use the button on the handle with the locks, I get a flash on my key fob when I try to lock or unlock but nothing actually happens with the lock. I thought maybe using scan I could activate the antennas or something not activated by the taser but that did not work either.
I can confirm the tazer works. If you aren't getting the doors to lock/unlock, I'm guessing you have something not connected, one of the harnesses not plugged in securely, bent pins in the harness that connects in the footwell, or a bad harness. Does the other door work?

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can confirm the tazer works. If you aren't getting the doors to lock/unlock, I'm guessing you have something not connected, one of the harnesses not plugged in securely, bent pins in the harness that connects in the footwell, or a bad harness. Does the other door work?
I started with only the tailgate as others seemed to have success with that and it was a simple install. I have double checked all the connections and that the cap has the magnet. As I have mentioned if I push the button on the door the light on my key fob flashes and if I grab the handle as if to open it the key fob flashes so as fat as I can tell the hardware is all installed just seems that something is not quote right, I just can't figure out what that might be. I will check the harness in the footwell but my understanding is that with a Sahara it would have the correct wiring?

jlgunner2

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I started with only the tailgate as others seemed to have success with that and it was a simple install. I have double checked all the connections and that the cap has the magnet. As I have mentioned if I push the button on the door the light on my key fob flashes and if I grab the handle as if to open it the key fob flashes so as fat as I can tell the hardware is all installed just seems that something is not quote right, I just can't figure out what that might be. I will check the harness in the footwell but my understanding is that with a Sahara it would have the correct wiring?
Hmmm check all the wiring making sure itā€™s all plugged in.

Sponsored

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passenger side
I did have that connector apart to install the Aux switches so maybe something did not get seated correctly or was bent when I put it back together, the AUX switches work fine but I did not have this working before that so would not know if something got messed up, I will check that connection and see if it is the culprit.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did have that connector apart to install the Aux switches so maybe something did not get seated correctly or was bent when I put it back together, the AUX switches work fine but I did not have this working before that so would not know if something got messed up, I will check that connection and see if it is the culprit.
I have done some checking and the connector on the passenger side seems to be fine, the only real question is does the 2020 Sahara come wired for proximity entry. From what I read I think it should but if it was missing the wiring would the key fob flash? I am at a total loss at this point.

Buzzguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Thoughts on an installation

I used Jscan to get it to work. I think Jscan is a great app for anyone with a JL.

I installed the tailgate parts and got it working quickly Wednesday night after work. Oddly enough hardest part for me was removing the original jumper on the door side. Just couldn't get it to disconnect.

I just got done the driver side door today. I tried to do it by just using the power window to lift it out of the way. I don't think I'd recommend that way, if I did it again I think I'd do it like the videos. Also had a problem with the cable going to the door handle getting caught by the window when lowering it. I ended up focusing on its route and using a zip tie to keep it out of the way.

I would say to anyone with a Sahara/Rubicon that is thinking about doing this but is a little scared to just do it, this forum and the videos that are out there are great resources. Finally, I know this has been said, but this is a great thread. The cooperation and determination of this group is unbelievable. Thanks to all.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thoughts on an installation

I used Jscan to get it to work. I think Jscan is a great app for anyone with a JL.

I installed the tailgate parts and got it working quickly Wednesday night after work. Oddly enough hardest part for me was removing the original jumper on the door side. Just couldn't get it to disconnect.

I just got done the driver side door today. I tried to do it by just using the power window to lift it out of the way. I don't think I'd recommend that way, if I did it again I think I'd do it like the videos. Also had a problem with the cable going to the door handle getting caught by the window when lowering it. I ended up focusing on its route and using a zip tie to keep it out of the way.

I would say to anyone with a Sahara/Rubicon that is thinking about doing this but is a little scared to just do it, this forum and the videos that are out there are great resources. Finally, I know this has been said, but this is a great thread. The cooperation and determination of this group is unbelievable. Thanks to all.
Not sure what I am missing but based on what others have done with a 2020 Sahara I would think it should work. Still just doing the tailgate at this point
Sponsored