Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
I found all the parts but I am unclear on how I tell if my Sport S has the requisite Antenna's already installed. I saw a post saying there should be one behind a trim panel onthe left and/or right B Pillar(s) but I cannot find that post again to see if I read it correctly.
Thank you for all those that came before and done ground work. Trying to find parts and finding that parts are no longer offered. Do you have an updated part list please?

Thank you very much.
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Just to verify, those pins are exclusively used for prox locks, and aren't installed on the sport models because prox wasn't available as an option for those vehicles?
Yes, those wires are not present in the Sport and Sport S as Proximity was not available on that model. We are able to add them to the Sport S, this won’t work on a Sport due to the lack of power door locks.

Gregj

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Thanks for clarification. I actually have a willys with power locks mirrors windows lane change assist, but I don't believe proximity locks are available on the willys either.

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you for all those that came before and done ground work. Trying to find parts and finding that parts are no longer offered. Do you have an updated part list please?

Thank you very much.
Alex, I think parts are still in short supply. I ordered all my parts from BAM back in May. Received all handles, caps, and rear door harness almost immediately. Both front door harnesses were on back order. I just received the passenger door harness last week from BAM so I have two of the three doors working. Of course the door I use, the driver's door, I am still waiting on that harness.

The parts that are listed on the first page of this forum I believe are still correct. The front door harnesses now have an F instead of an E at the end but the rest of the numbers are the same.

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
Thank you Bill. That "F" sure did the trick for driver door wiring. Yet, front door handles and cap shows parts "Not Available" for sale. I guess maybe I should call BAM and talk to them.

Thank you

Sponsored

orbpurple

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
IT Administrator
When I took that picture the upgrade had already been done for several weeks.

You have to take that connector loose and pull the left kick panel and add the wires to the dash harness as laid out by jlmoparman. I put together the four wires like this and added them to the dash harness between xy315a and the door connector.
A49CB070-6EBE-4A0D-AA92-D5B01FDA88DB.jpeg

Gregj
Okay... I have the tailgate proximity working. I have the proximity handles installed on the driver and passenger side and just got the harnesses 68299332AF and 68299333AF finally in my possession but dont have the pins in the body connectors where the door plugs in. Would it be possible to get these made so I can run wiring from the door xy600a I/P connector to the xy315a connector.. I would gladly pay you for your time as well if you could make a set for the driver and passenger side.

los Lobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I ordered my parts August 28th but looks like allmoparparts is still waiting on a shipment from mopar. I have the 2019 Rubicon Unlimited.

Order Details.png
This is the list of current part numbers if you have blind spot monitoring.

I ordered everything from All Mopar Parts on Sept 1. Everything showed up in one box this past week. I had forgotten about it and was pretty confused when I saw the box on the porch.

Install next week!!

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Is there a place to buy these new or is this a custom part?
This is a custom part made by Jimmy07 on the Gladiator forum to add the missing wires to your door harness so you don’t have to replace the whole thing.

This is NOT the missing wires in the dash harness of a Sport S.

Gregj

48Connor

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Door Manual
Occupation
Engineer
This is a custom part made by Jimmy07 on the Gladiator forum to add the missing wires to your door harness so you don’t have to replace the whole thing.

This is NOT the missing wires in the dash harness of a Sport S.

Gregj
Gotcha, understood. For the price of it, might as well just go with the factory harness.

Thanks

Sponsored

surefirw

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 Sport Altitude
Thanks for all of the inputs.

My car is a 2020 Sport Altitude 4 door, it does come with power locks but the door connector doesn't have the pin 15 & 16. so I followed @Gregj instructions, reused the cables from the old harness, and put them between the door connector and XY315A. it really takes a lot of effort to remove the pins from those connectors.

I just installed the lock on my driver side, maybe i will get the swing gate installed later.

For the ecu part, I use Tazer Mini to enable the option.

finally, it works!

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
Good Evening all;
Just finished successfully adding this option to my 2018 Sport S. Purchased the door harness (which took a long time as it was back ordered) handle and cap. The connector for the door harness IP (Dash) side was missing the 2 wires (as all sport and Sport S are); but when I got to the XY315A connector that's where things got interesting. There were wires and pins on both side of the 25, 26 pins (I only added driver door) so I was unable to add pins and wires to either side as they both had wires. Body side had the corresponding Green-Yellow and Green-white, but the IP side had back-red wires in place. Originally I spliced and soldered into this black-red wires on the corresponding locations and nothing. So I removed the splices and spliced into the body side with the corresponding colored wires and worked perfectly. Glad its working but can't figure out why there were wires on the XY315A but not the door connector.

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
Good Evening all;
Just finished successfully adding this option to my 2018 Sport S. Purchased the door harness (which took a long time as it was back ordered) handle and cap. The connector for the door harness IP (Dash) side was missing the 2 wires (as all sport and Sport S are); but when I got to the XY315A connector that's where things got interesting. There were wires and pins on both side of the 25, 26 pins (I only added driver door) so I was unable to add pins and wires to either side as they both had wires. Body side had the corresponding Green-Yellow and Green-white, but the IP side had back-red wires in place. Originally I spliced and soldered into this black-red wires on the corresponding locations and nothing. So I removed the splices and spliced into the body side with the corresponding colored wires and worked perfectly. Glad its working but can't figure out why there were wires on the XY315A but not the door connector.
I need to pick your brain about this, I'm running into a similar situation. PM ok?

mike7rh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2500 HD
Just bought a 2021 rubicon, held off on the proximity keyless entry because of this post! Saw all Mopar parts as a kit now. Can you still get the parts separate or do you have to get the kit?
Sponsored