Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
if my jeep already has that wiring only a need door handles and sale code ??
It's not likely that your jeep already has the wiring, if it didn't come from the factory with proximity entry. You'll either need to replace the wiring harness, or add the wires needed to your existing harness.
Sales code isn't necessary. You can use jscan or a tazer to add the feature yourself once the hardware has been added.
Sponsored

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
It's not likely that your jeep already has the wiring, if it didn't come from the factory with proximity entry. You'll either need to replace the wiring harness, or add the wires needed to your existing harness.
Sales code isn't necessary. You can use jscan or a tazer to add the feature yourself once the hardware has been added.
I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. I don't own a taser or j scan so rather than buying cords and connectors, I just had them add the sales code. It's also eliminates when serviced having to go through the steps again if they flash the computer. I agree that it's unlikely I have the wire but I'm going to test it and do that process if required. thank you to everyone on here that let me lurk and read from your experiences and I'll update on Monday after I leave the dealership.

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. I don't own a taser or j scan so rather than buying cords and connectors, I just had them add the sales code. It's also eliminates when serviced having to go through the steps again if they flash the computer. I agree that it's unlikely I have the wire but I'm going to test it and do that process if required. thank you to everyone on here that let me lurk and read from your experiences and I'll update on Monday after I leave the dealership.
No problem, but I think you misunderstood. I was replying to someone else who asked if they'd just need the hardware if they already had the wiring.

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

Sponsored

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
Ouch. $500 for a "kit" that has the exact same parts (that are on backorder, according to their website) for the same hardware I can buy for $294 w/ free shipping?)

No thanks.
Interesting that you can buy the kit for $294, when I pieced one together it was a good deal more than that. Where did you get yours from?

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Interesting that you can buy the kit for $294, when I pieced one together it was a good deal more than that. Where did you get yours from?
Allmoparparts.com (forum sponsor)

2 door handles with passive entry
85.44/each (170.88)

2 door handle caps
8.49/each (16.98)

wiring harnesses for front doors (Mine needed the BSM harness)

total:
277.63, and free shipping.

If you have a wrangler, and want the back swing gate to have proximity, It's a few more parts. But for $294 I did my gladiator (both front doors). (I didn't know about the free shipping code then) Wrangler would be the same price, unless you want the tailgate too.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Just received my 2021 JLR. Could not find one with proximity but without all the safety crap and other items I did not need. I have the auto start and correct key fob. I have read through the 66 pages and only saw one mention of someone having the harness already back there. It sounded like there was an additional plug back there that just went into the door handle. If I pull the door, what should I look for to see if I have the right harness and would only need to order handles. I am also ordering a Tazor so I will be able to program this correctly.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just received my 2021 JLR. Could not find one with proximity but without all the safety crap and other items I did not need. I have the auto start and correct key fob. I have read through the 66 pages and only saw one mention of someone having the harness already back there. It sounded like there was an additional plug back there that just went into the door handle. If I pull the door, what should I look for to see if I have the right harness and would only need to order handles. I am also ordering a Tazor so I will be able to program this correctly.
You could look for the plug, but easiest thing would be to check the part number on the tag. It has a big white tag attached to the harness with the part number on it. You have to remove the door panel to see it

jlgunner2

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I ordered my wiring harness for the driver side 68325454AE (w/o BSM) but what they gave me was 68299333AF (w BSM). This should work correct?

E1593BB2-27C6-4326-8D0A-760BEB7C0DAD.jpeg

434065FC-1C54-4CF6-A19E-1AAE0EEBA0D8.jpeg

Sponsored

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I ordered my wiring harness for the driver side 68325454AE (w/o BSM) but what they gave me was 68299333AF (w BSM). This should work correct?

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 434065FC-1C54-4CF6-A19E-1AAE0EEBA0D8

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 434065FC-1C54-4CF6-A19E-1AAE0EEBA0D8
Since it lists your other part number as suppressed, my guess is, they are simplifying they SKUs and moving to a single harness for each door.

Got_Toys

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Corvette Z06, 2018 Range Rover
Anyone happen to have a set of the following wiring harnesses for sale:

P/N 68299333AE (w/ BSM)
P/N 68299332AE (w/ BSM)

Or

Part Number
68299333AF
68299332AF

The bottom part number with "AF" replaced the "AE" versions according to my local dealer.

They are currently on back order in my area.

If you do, please PM me. Thanks

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Anyone happen to have a set of the following wiring harnesses for sale:

P/N 68299333AE (w/ BSM)
P/N 68299332AE (w/ BSM)

Or

Part Number
68299333AF
68299332AF

The bottom part number with "AF" replaced the "AE" versions according to my local dealer.

They are currently on back order in my area.

If you do, please PM me. Thanks
Best of luck. I've had the right side door harness on order since before the jscan/tazer could enable it. (June) and it's still on backorder. I'm hearing January, now. (They keep pushing it back) Luckily, they got some in for the left side. so, at least *my* door works, which is the one used most often.

Got_Toys

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Corvette Z06, 2018 Range Rover
Best of luck. I've had the right side door harness on order since before the jscan/tazer could enable it. (June) and it's still on backorder. I'm hearing January, now. (They keep pushing it back) Luckily, they got some in for the left side. so, at least *my* door works, which is the one used most often.
What a bummer! I installed the tailgate and it works like a charm. I already had a Tazer installed. I was SO HOPEFUL, that my Rubicon already had the correct harness, but when I took off the door panels, the wiring harness part number did not match this parts list, so I assume I need the harnesses listed above. I have the remote start and keyless entry, but looks like I am out of luck.

Do you know which models include the correct wire harness? Also, I check the passenger side door connecter and I have all the correct pins in place. Assume that is a good sign.