Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

rdk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

if anyone has the parts for the JL with BSM I'm interested in buying it. I have no idea on when my parts from allmoparparts will be shipped.
Sponsored

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
YMMV with various online part dealers. Allmoparparts.com (also a forum sponsor) has fairly complete parts lists. The most current, up to date (including 2021) will come from FCA Tech Authority - which requires a minimum "subscription"....

That being said, the online parts dealers are not often easy to figure out. Descriptions seem to vary by dealer. Some have the part number and a very basic description - "door handle, left", others more complete. "door handle, proximity, ocean blue, metallic". When I think I have the correct part number I google it looking for a more complete description, to be sure that I have the right one, and order from the best deal with shipping (usually AllMoparParts for my region).

For stuff I am not sure of, or I am planninng a major upgrade, I would work directly with Allmoparparts.com or cough up the $25 for a subscription.

I am in no way affiliated with AllMoparParts, BTW.
It may already be worth noting.. if you message allmoparparts in this forum, they'll give you a code for free shipping. Which is super generous of them.

Vall001

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL, 1984 CJ-7
I just want to thank everyone who has contributed to all 65 pages (and counting) of this thread. After reading the entire thread (parts of it over and over) and scouring the Midwest for parts I got everything in last week and updated my JL over the weekend. I couldn't have done it on my own. THANK YOU!

Pbyrd

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sahara
Question for the group. I purchased the parts to install the rear door some time ago. Wanted to test the rear gate before buying the front doors(should of bought it all since nothing is in stock anymore). I installed everything and went through the process to get the sales code added by the dealer.

They took a while so I went ahead and bought a jscan license and activated the proximity feature and all worked just fine. The dealer finally added the sales code, but I never went in for the computer update since jscan took care of it for me.

My JLU has similar steering issues as others have had in the past so I took it to a local jeep dealer (original one is kind of far) and they went ahead and replaced the steering gear and i'm assuming reset the computer. Now my key fob does not work to lock/unlock/remote start, but the proximity button on the rear gate still works like a champ and the vehicle recognizes the key since it lets me start it with no objections. The key fob lights up whenever I push a button and the symptoms are the same on both keys. The Jeep dealer gave up today and told me to take it back to the original dealer that added the sales code.

I emailed Jscan as well to see if they had any ideas. Waiting to here back from them.

Any idea as to what may be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance.

rdk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Got all my parts except for the front right door wiring harness (68299332AE). Still no ETA on it and it looks like mopar changed the part number on it because I can't find it anywhere else.

Also can anyone confirm their heated side mirrors still work with (68299332AE) if you even had that option? I couldn't confirm from allmoparparts since they don't list the compatibility.

Sponsored

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Got all my parts except for the front right door wiring harness (68299332AE). Still no ETA on it and it looks like mopar changed the part number on it because I can't find it anywhere else.

Also can anyone confirm their heated side mirrors still work with (68299332AE) if you even had that option? I couldn't confirm from allmoparparts since they don't list the compatibility.
That's the same part that I'm waiting for too. I ordered it in June and it is now backordered until the end of October. :(

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I got my driver side installed and working today. The Dealer had to reorder the tailgate harness as it got lost. My passenger wiring harness is still a month out.

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Allmoparparts emailed me yesterday, and said that ETA for the passenger harness w/ BSM is estimated for January 2021. I asked them to keep the order open, and ship it when it's available. Until then, my drivers side works, and I have the handles installed on passenger side. so it *looks* like passenger side works too. lol

rdk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I originally asked the dealers to program the sales code before I installed everything but it looks like that didn't work when I finally installed all the wiring and door handles. So I resorted to jscan which was a huge timesaver. Everything works as it should but the only minor issue I see is not having the settings option in my radio. I did enable it in jscan but still no luck. Anyone else in the same boat?

BTW I just want to thank this thread and forum for all the amazing help and resources. You guys are pretty awesome!

Jason95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler unlimited sahara. 2008 jeep jk. 1992 jeep yj
How fo i get a free shipping code from allmoparparts? Ready to pull the trigger! Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

Jason95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler unlimited sahara. 2008 jeep jk. 1992 jeep yj
Thank you!

paulpineda

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep gladiator overland
Unfortunately I'm here to throw a little cold water on our fun. I installed my front handles and caps then nothing happened when I pushed the lock button, it worked immediately when I did the swing gate handle. I got into the wiring diagrams and started back in the left quarter panel at the RF hub. All of the wiring is there for all 3 handles in and out of the RF hub into the body harness. That's why my swing gate worked.

I moved to where the body harness meets the instrument panel harness in the kick panel and boom! Wires in on the body side, nothing on the IP side of the connecter (XY315A). 25&26 are passenger side, 20&21 are drivers side.
XY315A.jpg

So I moved on to the connector we use to remove our doors, no pins or wiring there either as these wires come from the connecter shown above.

Looks like the fastest way to see if the wiring is there is disconnect the door removal connector, pull the IP side and look to see if you have wiring in cavity 15 and 16.
XY600AIP.jpg

I'm going to jump the wires later this week and see if it indeed works. I'll update when I find out.

paulpineda

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep gladiator overland
if my jeep already has that wiring only a need door handles and sale code ??

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
Add me to the list I got my driver side handle installed this weekend but the soonest the dealer can get me in is Monday. The gxd code is showing up in my vehicle information on the Mopar site already. Wish me luck I'm a 2020 sport s later build date testing if I need to do the wiring harness modifications.
Sponsored