Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did you see JLMOPARMAN removed his seat so he could lay down and get to the wires?
Sponsored

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
How’d you get in the door harness for 15/16? Embarrassed to admit it but I went at it for 45 minutes and ended up bending both wires at the end. The angle is so tough and those wires have no give and there are so many around 15 and 16.
I took my dash apart and pulled the speaker pod out to gain access to the door harness connector to get the wires in. That made it much easier. I spent about 2 hours trying to get the wires in and after pulling the dash apart I was done with the wiring in about 15 minutes.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
You shouldn’t need a t30 to remove it, just a 10mm. Just pull the cover for the door connector, disconnect the door plug and you need to remove the panel the cover snaps into.
634B683A-9D50-4384-8DB3-4221F72EC388.jpeg

You will have to release the body side of the door connector, there is a tab between the connector and the body side, bottom side of it, press the tab towards the body and slide the connector down towards the floor. The one 10mm nut is behind that. Then it is just held in with clips.

Gregj
Is there a trick to releasing the driver side door connector. I've been able to do it on the passenger side to get to the grounding studs (different install) however on the driver side i can release the tab but I can not slide the connector down... I can get it to slide partially down but the wires keep me from pulling it down far enough to release the connector and pull the panel...

Any input would be appreciated.

Tolb86

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler sport
So I have a 2020 JLU sport with the sun and sound package, press button start and the auto start function. I read through the post and this is what I’m seeing on my harness that’s on my vehicle going to my door. So if what I’m gathering is correct I already have the correct wiring and would only have to buy the door harness, handle and end cap and get the correct code added to my vin. Is that correct?
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler DED55EE0-ED7C-43BE-8488-EB2484C2F8A8

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
So I have a 2020 JLU sport with the sun and sound package, press button start and the auto start function. I read through the post and this is what I’m seeing on my harness that’s on my vehicle going to my door. So if what I’m gathering is correct I already have the correct wiring and would only have to buy the door harness, handle and end cap and get the correct code added to my vin. Is that correct?
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler DED55EE0-ED7C-43BE-8488-EB2484C2F8A8
Yes sir. Use jscan for the coding!

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Is there a trick to releasing the driver side door connector. I've been able to do it on the passenger side to get to the grounding studs (different install) however on the driver side i can release the tab but I can not slide the connector down... I can get it to slide partially down but the wires keep me from pulling it down far enough to release the connector and pull the panel...

Any input would be appreciated.
There is really not a lot of slack in the drivers side connector, I was barely able to get it far enough down to release. Maybe look and see if the wires are caught on something. This is as far as mine will move.
917B5427-ADC1-4863-BA1B-2A4E36155EE8.jpeg

Gregj

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Got my driver side working perfectly! Huge shoutout to Gregj and the many other people who helped me do it. I’d like to extend my inbox and will frequent this thread for sure and try to help out everywhere I could. I ordered the “AF” parts for my 2020 Sport Unlimited S driver side only. Going to be doing passenger then trunk next. I hit many frustrations, wires breaking, and scratching my head multiple times saying “there’s no way that’s right” or “is this what they’re talking about” or “shit did I break something”
So if you have any questions feel free to direct message and I’ll walk you through best I can or answer any questions of doubt! Thanks all

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Anyone still need a front door cap to complete their install? I ended up with an extra.

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Is anyone still waiting on parts for this, other than me?

I originally placed my order a few weeks before the solution was found, with the intent of trying to figure out what needed to be changed in the BCM to enable it. While waiting on parts, the solution was found, jscan updated, and it's available to the masses. However, we're just over 3 months sine I placed my order.. and all I've recieved so far is the 2 handle caps. I'm still waiting on 2 wiring harnesses, and 2 proximity handles. Just curious if anyone else is still waiting? I'm strongly considering cancelling my order, and placing multiple orders with another vendor. (one order for the left door, and one for the right door, as I believe the backordered parts are the wiring harnesses. so this way, I'd get the parts to do 1 door at a time, as they come into stock)

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I’m still waiting on all my parts from my dealer. I ordered about two days after the programming solution was released.

Sponsored

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I’m still waiting on all my parts from my dealer. I ordered about two days after the programming solution was released.

Thanks. Is it safe to assume you ordered the wiring harnesses with BSM? It seems like that is the backordered parts. When I originally ordered, they responded saying it was just the passenger side that was back ordered. They said they'd do a partial shipment for the stuff they have in stock, but so far, I've recieved nothing but the door caps. I know others have gotten the handles. That's why I'm considering cancelling the order, and making it 2 seperate orders. I suspect they are waiting for *all* parts to come in.. and my guess is, when the passenger wiring harness is in stock, on of the other parts isn't.. so it's delaying the entire order.

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
For someone who did the install on a Sahara or vehicle that already have the wiring harness, how did the door handle go? On my Sport I had to actually plug the new harness into the door handle. Is the new wiring harness also a necessity for the Sahara/Rubicon installation? And double question, if yes, does that follow the normal install in that video with removing the door trim, window, etc to plug it all up?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Yes, you have to replace the door harness on the Sahara/Rubicon as it is missing the two wires in the branch to the handle. Usually the two wires are present in the body side connector. Yes follow the same video for the door harness install on all models.

Gregj

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Thanks. Is it safe to assume you ordered the wiring harnesses with BSM? It seems like that is the backordered parts. When I originally ordered, they responded saying it was just the passenger side that was back ordered. They said they'd do a partial shipment for the stuff they have in stock, but so far, I've recieved nothing but the door caps. I know others have gotten the handles. That's why I'm considering cancelling the order, and making it 2 seperate orders. I suspect they are waiting for *all* parts to come in.. and my guess is, when the passenger wiring harness is in stock, on of the other parts isn't.. so it's delaying the entire order.
Yes, i have the BSM so that might be the holdup. I'm out of town all week. The order was originally promised to be in the middle of August. I haven't pestered the parts guy since I can't get there to pick them up anyway.

MikelMD

First Name
Mikel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLU
Occupation
Principal Sales Engineer, Public Sector
There is really not a lot of slack in the drivers side connector, I was barely able to get it far enough down to release. Maybe look and see if the wires are caught on something. This is as far as mine will move.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 917B5427-ADC1-4863-BA1B-2A4E36155EE8

Gregj
What did u do from that point? In theory, you replaced the door harness. Now you need to run the wires from the terminal to the new harness. Do you have a pix of that process?
Sponsored