Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Code is B25C7 and 8
Make:Jeep
Code:B25C7
Definition:Driver Door Ajar Switch 2 Circuit LowDescription:The Powertrain Control Module detects a fault with the Secondary Driver Door Ajar Switch signal received over the CAN C BUS from the Body Control Module (BCM).
Cause:
  • LEFT FRONT DOOR LATCH WIRING ISSUE
  • LEFT FRONT DOOR LATCH ASSEMBLY
  • BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM)
Can be caused by bent pin in wiring connector - same for Auto park message. Some people have reported they bent pins or pins came out when connecting or disconnecting the door connector in the footwell.
Sponsored

JL Willy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willy
Exactly what it was. 1 pin was bent

thanks system work’s perfectly

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey Mike:

@nerubi

Is there any guidance you can share with us as to why purchasing door handle caps for this project, consistent with the first post, prove to be a necessary part in place of caps already on conventional (i.e. non-proximity) door handles?

I mean--clearly the new door handles are a necessary upgrade, as if nothing else they provide the button and functionality for proximity locks, but since you're quite the knowledge poster on this subject matter, I thought you could embellish on this.

Thank you sir. And thank you for you prior service here to me and others.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mike:

@nerubi

Is there any guidance you can share with us as to why purchasing door handle caps for this project, consistent with the first post, prove to be a necessary part in place of caps already on conventional (i.e. non-proximity) door handles?

I mean--clearly the new door handles are a necessary upgrade, as if nothing else they provide the button and functionality for proximity locks, but since you're quite the knowledge poster on this subject matter, I thought you could embellish on this.

Thank you sir. And thank you for you prior service here to me and others.
My dealer parts guy says the proximity caps have magnets in them to make the system work. He said he wouldn't think proximity would work with the standard caps.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
My dealer parts guy says the proximity caps have magnets in them to make the system work. He said he wouldn't think proximity would work with the standard caps.
That makes perfect sense: no different that the magnets that are in places in my home (door/windows) that close the circuit to security zones on my alarm system like windows and doors most commonly used by thieves to seek entry.

Thanks again Mike.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Exactly what it was. 1 pin was bent

thanks system work’s perfectly
Speaking of the pins, does anyone know were to get the connectors for the body side of the door harness? They are the male companion from the door harness. I am adding Proximity to my Sport S and have added the wires to connector xy315a and would like to not have to add a separate weather pack connector for the Proximity like @JLMOPARMAN did.
Thanks
Gregj

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
Speaking of the pins, does anyone know were to get the connectors for the body side of the door harness? They are the male companion from the door harness. I am adding Proximity to my Sport S and have added the wires to connector xy315a and would like to not have to add a separate weather pack connector for the Proximity like @JLMOPARMAN did.
Thanks
Gregj
Here is what I used. I can confirm that they do fit and work. I know that you can probably find them cheaper but this company worked with me to help identify the proper size terminals that were needed to add the missing sport s wiring.

Term 114 is for the door connector. Term 42c is the terminal for the xy315a connector.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler Screenshot_20200603-161809_Email

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
I used the following on my SportS:

Molex MX150 33001 series for the XY315A connector:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/33001-4002?qs=KsiteKi30G2lcp9oLcDtnw==

TE Connectivity MCON 1.2 for the XY600AIP connector: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/1718350-2?qs=/ha2pyFaduiFPumu524fVVuGhQ2aS2wbmHk56ebMh6bKrUurTurXfA==

I have not been able to fully test these (still waiting on door harnesses to arrive) but I did test that each seated properly in the plug and had continuity to complete the circuit so I'm confident it will work.

Edit: These connectors have now been tested and are working with my SportS.

Last edited:

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the information gents! I found a source for them locally, the old door harness has a gray plug for the door panel switches. Just pulled four and soldered the ends to my wire.

II WORKS! Well the door was blue not red as I borrowed the door from the Gladiator and it works! Now waiting on parts to finish this up on Renney my Sport S!

Gregj

JL Willy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willy
You need the caps. I ordered them installed the new handles with the old caps and it doesn’t work swapped out the old caps for the new nothing else changed and it worked! I too was hoping that I wouldn’t have to use them but they are part of the proximity package.

Sponsored

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Well, got my package from BAM, only included the rear setup but it works!!! Took all of 15 mins!!! 2018 Rubi.

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Well, got my package from BAM, only included the rear setup but it works!!! Took all of 15 mins!!! 2018 Rubi.
Keep an eye on your BAM order status. I'm dealing with an unresponsive BAM for these exact parts. I ordered mine about 2 weeks before @Gregj. I got a shipping notification that made it seem like all parts shipped. I only got the 2 caps. I emailed them immediately, and they said the other parts were on backorder, but that they'd ship when they came in. 2 weeks later, Gregj places an order and posted in the forums. I let him know that the parts were on backorder, and not to get his hopes up. Fast forward, my BAM order still shows "completed" and I only have 2 of the 6 parts. Gregj apparently got *all* of the parts last week. so now I have 2 voicemails, and 2 emails to BAM since last week, and 100% radio silence. My guess is, their system thinks my order has been completed and shipped. meanwhile I've only got 2 door caps. I'll be honest, I've ordered a LOT from BAM.. but, I think this may be my last order with them based on the lack of responses to my emails and voicemails.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep an eye on your BAM order status. I'm dealing with an unresponsive BAM for these exact parts. I ordered mine about 2 weeks before @Gregj. I got a shipping notification that made it seem like all parts shipped. I only got the 2 caps. I emailed them immediately, and they said the other parts were on backorder, but that they'd ship when they came in. 2 weeks later, Gregj places an order and posted in the forums. I let him know that the parts were on backorder, and not to get his hopes up. Fast forward, my BAM order still shows "completed" and I only have 2 of the 6 parts. Gregj apparently got *all* of the parts last week. so now I have 2 voicemails, and 2 emails to BAM since last week, and 100% radio silence. My guess is, their system thinks my order has been completed and shipped. meanwhile I've only got 2 door caps. I'll be honest, I've ordered a LOT from BAM.. but, I think this may be my last order with them based on the lack of responses to my emails and voicemails.
For clarification I placed my order with BAM on 6/13 received an email with backorder status on 6/15, received notice of shipment on 06/18 and received parts 6/24. On 06/17 i ordered the parts that were backordered from BAM from Thunder CDJR and have not heard back from them yet. Since I have most of the parts I went ahead and ordered the rest of the parts needed to put on My Sport S. I did the wiring needed on it yesterday and tested it out with the door from the other Jeep and it works so now I am just waiting on door handles and door harnesses for it to be completed.

Gregj

edit: @N2AWS I see you ordered the harness with BSM, Mine do not have BSM maybe that is why I received my order?

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
For clarification I placed my order with BAM on 6/13 received an email with backorder status on 6/15, received notice of shipment on 06/18 and received parts 6/24. On 06/17 i ordered the parts that were backordered from BAM from Thunder CDJR and have not heard back from them yet. Since I have most of the parts I went ahead and ordered the rest of the parts needed to put on My Sport S. I did the wiring needed on it yesterday and tested it out with the door from the other Jeep and it works so now I am just waiting on door handles and door harnesses for it to be completed.

Gregj

edit: @N2AWS I see you ordered the harness with BSM, Mine do not have BSM maybe that is why I received my order?
Hmm, thats a possibility, maybe? My guess is, if they were willing to send a partial order of door caps, then they would have also sent a partial order of door handles when they came in.. rather than trying to wait for a complete order. From a purely logical standpoint, it seems they'd either be ok with multiple partial shipments, or holding everything until they had all parts in stock. If it's the wiring harness specifically, it seems a bit odd that they'd send a partial, and then try to wait until they had everything? Based ont he fact that my order status still shows as "completed" my guess is, they think I've gotten everything, and thus.. I'm "not waiting on any parts"

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, thats a possibility, maybe? My guess is, if they were willing to send a partial order of door caps, then they would have also sent a partial order of door handles when they came in.. rather than trying to wait for a complete order. From a purely logical standpoint, it seems they'd either be ok with multiple partial shipments, or holding everything until they had all parts in stock. If it's the wiring harness specifically, it seems a bit odd that they'd send a partial, and then try to wait until they had everything? Based ont he fact that my order status still shows as "completed" my guess is, they think I've gotten everything, and thus.. I'm "not waiting on any parts"
I can see that ship partial or wait for complete order issue going either way as they have no idea if the purchase is for a shop ordering for multiple jobs or one person ordering for their own vehicle. I know if I were a shop with multiple jobs on hold because an unrelated part was on backorder I would not be happy!
Gregj
Sponsored