Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

JL Willy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willy
Did my parts install last night. Installing drivers door and tail gate. Everything went well till this morning! I got to issues that came up:
Auto Park Disabled
Auto start /stop unavailable.
I don’t have the ODB with me to check but could it be that using JScan I configured all doors but I’m only using driver and tail gate? Won’t be able to play with till I get home tonight.
any thoughts?
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the eTorque or aux battery? Could be a voltage issue from low battery.

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
It is something that most dealerships have never heard of nor understand. You almost need parts and service guys that own Wranglers, like mine do, to get any understanding. That's why it is good there is a bypass solution now although from a technical perspective it is not as easy of an adjust as having a code entered and then a normal reflash.
As to parts availability with many of us ordering them now compared to the past and with factory use having priority over dealer orders for them it is understandable but frustrating.
Thanks for the insight. Is there anyone in Florida that has had success at a dealership?

Tdarby

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR/Durango RT
Any one or shop in northern New Jersey who can help or do this? Just message me. Thanks. Todd

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Any one or shop in northern New Jersey who can help or do this? Just message me. Thanks. Todd
Is there some specific aspect of this you are particularly stymied by?

Do you just want to pay to have it done? It's really not that bad, including the tools you'll need.

What JL do you have.

I can walk you through it here perhaps?

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
I have been tracking this thread for a while, but now I'm a little confused. I have all the hardware (partially installed) but I don't have the Jscan. I have the TazerJL. I have contacted TazerJL and they don't have a solution yet for proximity entry. What am I missing?
I would get all the things you want installed led lights, proximity locks, aux switches, remote start, heated seats, tow package, etc. Have the dealer flash it all at once. One cost for several upgrades.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Immediately after getting my proximity working I took my soft top and doors off. Now that it is going to get to 1,000° for the next 2 months I put them back on. I was wondering, based on some who have had problems plugging their door harnasses back in and having pins pull out or bend, if mine would be ok. But every door locks and unlocks just fine.
I'm hoping the rest of you that are in progress get your doors working soon.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Immediately after getting my proximity working I took my soft top and doors off. Now that it is going to get to 1,000° for the next 2 months I put them back on. I was wondering, based on some who have had problems plugging their door harnasses back in and having pins pull out or bend, if mine would be ok. But every door locks and unlocks just fine.
I'm hoping the rest of you that are in progress get your doors working soon.
Knock on wood, I have not had problems plugging the doors back in but I am very careful to line the connector up and push it in. I think some who are having trouble with this are using the white "bale, latch whatever you want to call it" to lever the connector together. I always just push the plug up and let it flip the bale down.

Gregj

Tdarby

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR/Durango RT
Is there some specific aspect of this you are particularly stymied by?

Do you just want to pay to have it done? It's really not that bad, including the tools you'll need.

What JL do you have.

I can walk you through it here perhaps?
[/QUOTE

I have a 19 JLUR. Can you message me and I can ask you some questions. Thanks in advance

Sponsored

JL Willy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willy
Going to check my wiring Again tomorrow. Since installed I do get the Autp Park Disabled warning when I start up. When door is unplugged no warning. When I checked the codes it references the door voltage.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'll be glad to respond to YOUR private messages, but YOU must SEEK me out. :)