Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So do we know if the wiring harnesses for the front left and right door have had their parts numbers change. The "E" at the end has changed to "F"? One of the online parts sellers told me this even though they were out of stock.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So do we know if the wiring harnesses for the front left and right door have had their parts numbers change. The "E" at the end has changed to "F"? One of the online parts sellers told me this even though they were out of stock.
WIRING. FRONT DOOR.
This product is no longer available

Part Number: 68299333AF

What one online site showed (w/ BSM harnass). Both I looked at showed both E and F products. Best way to find out is call your local dealer parts guy.
Might be Mopar saw a run on them and figured out what was going on so they built in a trigger wire to check for factory entered GXD code. But I also see black helicooters flying around my house all of the time and I sometimes hear breathing when I'm on my phone unless I wrap my head in aluminum foil.

WranglerGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Slightly frustrated.......I have a 2020 Wrangler Sport 2-door and we love it.
I have installed the tailgate jumper and new handle. I have done the J-Scan programming.
The Proximity checkbox shows up on the jeep screen, but proximity locking/unlocking is not functioning at the new tailgate handle. Any thoughts?

I have this cap installed ( 68309830AC ). Have we decided if the cap makes a difference?
Thanks.

llemoine11

First Name
Landry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sport S 2D
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe some good news...bugged the heck out of All Mopar Parts and my stuff is shipping today. Hopefully everything’s good :fingerscrossed:

16ECB780-90D7-43DF-9629-BD83D1E2979F.jpeg

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Slightly frustrated.......I have a 2020 Wrangler Sport 2-door and we love it.
I have installed the tailgate jumper and new handle. I have done the J-Scan programming.
The Proximity checkbox shows up on the jeep screen, but proximity locking/unlocking is not functioning at the new tailgate handle. Any thoughts?

I have this cap installed ( 68309830AC ). Have we decided if the cap makes a difference?
Thanks.
You have a Sport or Sport S? I don't know if it can be done on a Sport.
That's the correct tailgate cap number.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
The reason that I went with Connector Experts is because I was able to send them pictures of the connectors and they were able to tell me the correct terminals to use. So since they helped me out in that aspect I had no problem buying from them. I was cautious of just buying other terminals because there are many different sizes and styles of terminals out there.

Please let us know if the ones that you found fit properly in the connectors.

Good luck with your install!! Thank you for providing other options for cheaper terminals!!
I've edited my original post here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...parts-links-on-jl-wrangler.49241/post-1155816
Yes I can be an idiot at times! I should've verified before the post. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Maybe some good news...bugged the heck out of All Mopar Parts and my stuff is shipping today. Hopefully everything’s good :fingerscrossed:

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 16ECB780-90D7-43DF-9629-BD83D1E2979F
That’s where I ordered mine from. It took them a while for the front door harnesses to ship, but they came today!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've lost track since this thread has by far the most posts on the DIY forum but has anyone kept track of how many have gotten everything installed and working plus those that are waiting for the parts? It was easy to do that back in the beginning but I've lost count.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I’m waiting on parts. Have an order from BAM that should arrive Wednesday but the front handles and harness are back ordered. Have a separate order from Thunder CDJR for those, no word on ship date from them.

Gregj

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Pretty sure JLMoparman did it with his Sport (post #197).
His is an S (from one of his posts):

Brought my Turbo sport S home a few months ago. Already seen a lot of mods and have had many trouble free miles!

WranglerGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
His is an S (from one of his posts):

Brought my Turbo sport S home a few months ago. Already seen a lot of mods and have had many trouble free miles!
What would a Sport S have regarding proximity that a Sport wouldn't? Antennas are in the handles, as per several posts in this thread.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What would a Sport S have regarding proximity that a Sport wouldn't? Antennas are in the handles, as per several posts in this thread.
The base Sport doesn't have a lot of things the S does. I don't know if it is equipped, just saying I don't remember if anyone did it. It was thought there wouldn't be a problem with the S until he discovered the issue.

WranglerGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Has anyone with a Sport (not a Sport S) been able to successfully get this proximity lock/unlock functionality to work, at least with the tailgate handle? Thanks.
Sponsored