Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Any recommendations for the jumper and obd2 adapter. Many say amazon. Any brands better than others.
Thanks
Sponsored

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a Rubicon July 2019 build date. Checked my wire harnesses tonight hoping I already had the ones I needed. Nope. Have to order the correct ones.

Thanks again to everyone that has contributed to this topic.

LA

20200617_194913.jpg

Osinski

First Name
Jose Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6 Hella Yella
I want to thanks too, to everyone that has contributed to this topic.

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
BAM replied saying that the handles, and BSM harnesses are back ordered until July 15th. I received the door handle caps already.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
BAM shipped my order today! They originally said the handles and door harness were back ordered with no eta.
Gregj

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
BAM shipped my order today! They originally said the handles and door harness were back ordered with no eta.
Gregj
Are you sure it's the full order? I placed the full order 2 weeks ago, got the shipping notification which led me to believe they shipped all 6 parts the next day. Got the delivery and it was only the 2 caps. the harnesses and handles were backordered (with an ETA of July 15th, 2 weeks ago)

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Are you sure it's the full order? I placed the full order 2 weeks ago, got the shipping notification which led me to believe they shipped all 6 parts the next day. Got the delivery and it was only the 2 caps. the harnesses and handles were backordered (with an ETA of July 15th, 2 weeks ago)
IDK? I’ll find out in a few days. I placed another order with Thunder CDJR for the parts they said were back ordered, between them I hope to get this done. If I get everything I ordered I’ll have nearly everything for two installs.
Gregj

albbreinholt

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Has anyone else tried looking at pick-a-part and junkyards for sources of cheap handles and wiring harnesses?

Sponsored

Jeepinjack66

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT
I got these two and they work great.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 20200617_194913
I got the same setup and I just did it 5 minutes ago and it works like a charm! Thank you so much for the tutorial everyone involved! I'm so happy I don't have to deal with the dealership cuz they're all buttholes.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Question:

Why in @Etch's instructions are we enabling the rear right and left doors when they lack proximity locks?

I'm fine to follow orders blindly here, and it's just a curiosity thing, but does anyone have an idea why this is the case?

Thanks.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Question:

Why in @Etch's instructions are we enabling the rear right and left doors when they lack proximity locks?

I'm fine to follow orders blindly here, and it's just a curiosity thing, but does anyone have an idea why this is the case?

Thanks.
Great question, i have a 2 door. Thinking i should only check the front doors. Does that sound right ?

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
My understanding is that it doesn’t matter. It neither helps nor hurts the operation.
Sponsored