Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
@llemoine11 Landry/All:

I contacted the Jscan development guy/team via Facebook (their Preferred method) concerning the status of the IOS build of the software with the New Passive Entry features that @Etch Parker kindly described in the latest Android phone implementation of the software.

overnight I received a reply that “he” (?) was hoping for “tomorrow.”

I guess, best case, I’ll interpret that to mean today or tomorrow.

:)
I believe he lives somewhere in Europe, so the time difference likely means today for us. :rock:
Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I believe he lives somewhere in Europe, so the time difference likely means today for us. :rock:
Keep in mind that even if the developer has made the code changes required, the update still has to be submitted for approval to go into the App Store. So while the developer has most likely submitted the updates, it could just be sitting with Apple, alongside a whole bunch of wiring harnesses for doors!

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Keep in mind that even if the developer has made the code changes required, the update still has to be submitted for approval to go into the App Store. So while the developer has most likely submitted the updates, it could just be sitting with Apple, alongside a whole bunch of wiring harnesses for doors!
I hear that Will, thanks.

But would the link on the Jscan.net website likely to be more current--or does that essentially (if you know?) go through the Apple App Store too?

Thanks.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@Gee-pah iOS apps all go through the App Store, unless you jailbreak etc. I think that for Android the developer just puts it out there, so no delay.

Sponsored

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
8 pins, two connectors, and some wire and someone could sell a lot of DIY front "door harnesses". Just saying....
So, when you get your first two completed, I'll give you my shipping address and payment info!

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
For ease of use, and for users reading this thread for the first time, I've compiled useful instructions that I have had to follow.

SNIP

2) Wiring Verification - Refer to post #193 on this thread to verify you have the proper wiring, or add it if you don't. Post #216 has one possible solution for adding it using a weatherpack. To do it factory style, you will need TERM114 Connectors and TERM42C Connectors. Gauge of wiring unknown. Someone please chime in here.

End Snip
I would recommend not purchasing the socket & blade terminal connectors linked above.
I followed the links and the price looked like price gouging to me. The shipping is also ridiculous for the items being shipped. Here is an image of my cart:
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler Capture3.JPG

Since that price seemed crazy for crimped on connectors I searched and I found this thread. I asked the OP if the terminal connectors he ordered worked and he replied yes. Here is a link to that thread.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-auxiliary-switch-install.43919/#post-1155627
These terminal socket connectors can be had for the crazy sum of $0.33 each & that's gold plated!
10 can be had for $3.33

This link is for the socket connector at Digi-Key
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex/0330012003/WM12746CT-ND/5823182

Here's the blade terminal connector at Digi-Key. For the crazy price of $0.52. Digi-Key has no minimum order size.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex/0330110004/WM7043CT-ND/3044981

Link to Molex site with description of the "MX150 Sealed and Unsealed Connector System"
https://www.molex.com/molex/products/family/mx150_sealed_connector_system

Hope this helps those wanting to wire to the factory plugs but were turned off by the price of the connectors at Connector Experts.
EDIT:

I based my purchase the answer to my question on our JL forum:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...n-auxiliary-switch-install.43919/post-1155535
These terminals DO NOT fit our door connectors. The OP in that thread has a JT perhaps the plugs aren't the same. I'm truly sorry if anyone has purchased these based on this post, I should've personally verified the fit before posting.

Last edited:

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
I would recommend not purchasing the socket & blade terminal connectors linked above.
I followed the links and the price looked like price gouging to me. The shipping is also ridiculous for the items being shipped. Here is an image of my cart:
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler Capture3.JPG

Since that price seemed crazy for crimped on connectors I searched and I found this thread. I asked the OP if the terminal connectors he ordered worked and he replied yes. Here is a link to that thread.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-auxiliary-switch-install.43919/#post-1155627
These terminal socket connectors can be had for the crazy sum of $0.33 each & that's gold plated!
10 can be had for $3.33

This link is for the socket connector at Digi-Key
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex/0330012003/WM12746CT-ND/5823182

Here's the blade terminal connector at Digi-Key. For the crazy price of $0.52. Digi-Key has no minimum order size.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex/0330110004/WM7043CT-ND/3044981

Link to Molex site with description of the "MX150 Sealed and Unsealed Connector System"
https://www.molex.com/molex/products/family/mx150_sealed_connector_system

Hope this helps those wanting to wire to the factory plugs but were turned off by the price of the connectors at Connector Experts.
The reason that I went with Connector Experts is because I was able to send them pictures of the connectors and they were able to tell me the correct terminals to use. So since they helped me out in that aspect I had no problem buying from them. I was cautious of just buying other terminals because there are many different sizes and styles of terminals out there.

Please let us know if the ones that you found fit properly in the connectors.

Good luck with your install!! Thank you for providing other options for cheaper terminals!!

Sponsored

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
The reason that I went with Connector Experts is because I was able to send them pictures of the connectors and they were able to tell me the correct terminals to use. So since they helped me out in that aspect I had no problem buying from them. I was cautious of just buying other terminals because there are many different sizes and styles of terminals out there.

Please let us know if the ones that you found fit properly in the connectors.

Good luck with your install!! Thank you for providing other options for cheaper terminals!!
No worries, :) it took me quite some time from your original post for me to find this info. I don't know how much time I spent searching. If I counted my time it probably would've been cheaper to order from Connection Experts!

spreadhead14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
I have been tracking this thread for a while, but now I'm a little confused. I have all the hardware (partially installed) but I don't have the Jscan. I have the TazerJL. I have contacted TazerJL and they don't have a solution yet for proximity entry. What am I missing?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have been tracking this thread for a while, but now I'm a little confused. I have all the hardware (partially installed) but I don't have the Jscan. I have the TazerJL. I have contacted TazerJL and they don't have a solution yet for proximity entry. What am I missing?
They tried with an older model, couldn't get it to work and concluded it needed a module to work. If you contact them and say others have gotten it to work they might let you be the test mule for them.[/QUOTE]
Sponsored