Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
I will probably need your help. I still haven't found that XY315a terminal, and I'm awful with schematics. Is 20 gauge factory? Seems small. Maybe I'm wrong though
After the weekend I will take my jeep apart again and take pictures so that it is easier for you to find.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone,
when finished do you have to leave anything connected?.
Will the dealer know that I did anything?
That is one of the issues doing this way or having to wire the Sport S, it won't show on Dealer Connect as an option installed and approved by FCA. If a problem comes up affecting wiring in the areas of the new work or door handles not working many dealers will not cover it under warranty.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
That is one of the issues doing this way or having to wire the Sport S, it won't show on Dealer Connect as an option installed and approved by FCA. If a problem comes up affecting wiring in the areas of the new work or door handles not working many dealers will not cover it under warranty.
Mike, pardon the 3rd grader question.

You need on ODB Adapter (the blue tooth one) to do this, right? @Etch

Does that adapter stay connect to the ODB port in perpetuity or just for the duration of configuring proximity locks?

Thanks.

Rephrase: what tell tale signs that the rig has been altered, barring of course the MOPAR hardware to do this, remains?

Etch

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S

Does that adapter stay connect to the ODB port in perpetuity or just for the duration of configuring proximity locks?

Thanks.

Rephrase: what tell tale signs that the rig has been altered, barring of course the MOPAR hardware to do this, remains?
Yes you need the OBD2 adapter and a Security bypass cable. See my how-to post. Once you program the system and get it working, you can disconnect everything and the settings stick. Aside from the new factory hardware, there are no lasting effects. The dealer might be able to tell it was tampered with, but as long as nothing is wrong with the system itself, I doubt any dealer will notice if inspecting another unrelated issue. If you take it to them to fix the problem YOU created, they will most definitely notice. If they re-flash and you lose functionality, simply reconnect your JScan and re-enable the features.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks.

Not sure if the OBDII needs to stay in after the orogramming. It along with the security bypass cable might need to stay in, Etch? Likee someone mentioned an OBDII left in can drain the battery unless it has an automatic off feature.
If you remove those before going to the dealer there is one of several telltales - the button on the door handles, if they inadvertantly trigger the proximity when they grab the handle and it is locked, or a diagnostic that shows the equipment but doesn't match their Dealer Connect options list. Chances of them finding them are low unless they are involved in the issue and diagnostics sees them.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know the Tazer needs to stay in for some things to work and can be remoived for others. Not sure if JScan can permanently program all functions or not.
The programmer on my VW can modify hundreds of settings and doesn't need to stay connected.

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
From JSCAN FAQ page;

“Are the changes made by the app permanent?
Yes, the changes are permanent – once you change something it will stay that way, even if you unplug your adapter, uninstall the app or disconnect the battery. There are exceptions to this, such as raising the idle RPM which can only be performed temporarily and will go back to default when disconnecting the app or even exiting the adaptation screen.”

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
So I have all the parts on order from BAM, let’s see what is on back order! Thank you @Etch for your work to get this done!
Gregj

jlgunner2

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
If the dealership reflash the ecu will it go away?

JL Willy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willy
Can someone post a pic of where the XY315A plug is

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Parker @Etch:

May I please prevail upon you to return to the forum with the success (or I hope not failure) of you getting your work to be recognized not simply on the tailgate, but the front doors as well, when you've reached such conclusions?

Thanks.

Etch

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
The developer o
Parker @Etch:

May I please prevail upon you to return to the forum with the success (or I hope not failure) of you getting your work to be recognized not simply on the tailgate, but the front doors as well, when you've reached such conclusions?

Thanks.
Yeah I'll be back. I will probably have questions for the wiring part anyway.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If the dealership reflash the ecu will it go away?
I'm not sure if they have partial flashes or always a full flash, including the over-the-air flashes. If a flash does override the work you should be able to go back in and redo your JScan programming. I'd write down the exact steps so they are handy if you need them.

On my VW I have all the programming steps documented for about two dozen mods I've made in case the dealer flashes my ecu. Also, VW left the code open to turn off ESS with third party products but within the last year it appears they decided they didn't want that to happen, at least on my model, and sent out a program updating it to close that tweek.

llemoine11

First Name
Landry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sport S 2D
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler B9DEBE64-3C46-4D91-8E1E-8535067CC492
Okay can anyone confirm that the large light gray plug on the passenger side footwell is the XY315A connector that we need to tap into in order to add pins 20 & 21 (drivers side) and pins 25 & 26 (passenger side) as shown in post #193

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
B9DEBE64-3C46-4D91-8E1E-8535067CC492.jpeg
Okay can anyone confirm that the large light gray plug on the passenger side footwell is the XY315A connector that we need to tap into in order to add pins 20 & 21 (drivers side) and pins 25 & 26 (passenger side) as shown in post #193
It's on the driver's side.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 20200614_123527
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 20200614_123710

It is circled in red.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 20200614_123848

You can see my green/purple and green/orange wires I ran to the passenger side in this photo.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 20200614_125445

Make sure that before you put the kick panel back in the you have all the white clips back on the panel side. I broke one because I didn't realize that they lined up a certain way back into the panel.
Sponsored

Last edited: