Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

llemoine11

First Name
Landry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sport S 2D
Vehicle Showcase
Do you need the security bypass cable?
Yes you will need the security bypass. I ordered this one and it works pretty well... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S91VZXT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You also need a OBD II reader, its pretty cheap and this is the one I got... Vgate-LPHUS iCar Pro Wi-Fi OBD2 Scanner Scan Tools OBDII Car Diagnostic Tool Code Reader Fault Check Engine Light for iOS iPhone iPad/Android Compatible with Adapter

About $60 total plus $18 for JScan so around $80 for this
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you will need the security bypass. I ordered this one and it works pretty well... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S91VZXT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You also need a OBD II reader, its pretty cheap and this is the one I got... Vgate-LPHUS iCar Pro Wi-Fi OBD2 Scanner Scan Tools OBDII Car Diagnostic Tool Code Reader Fault Check Engine Light for iOS iPhone iPad/Android Compatible with Adapter

About $60 total plus $18 for JScan so around $80 for this
how much for the app?

llemoine11

First Name
Landry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sport S 2D
Vehicle Showcase
how much for the app?
That $18 is for a license (your VIN to the car) the app itself is free but in order to change settings on the vehicle it is $18 but it is well worth it especially considering the dealer was willing to charge me at least $130 for one code.... I also added aux switches so I have 2 codes for $80 rather than $260

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That $18 is for a license (your VIN to the car) the app itself is free but in order to change settings on the vehicle it is $18 but it is well worth it especially considering the dealer was willing to charge me at least $130 for one code.... I also added aux switches so I have 2 codes for $80 rather than $260
I already have mine installed and programmed. Asking for others that have been unable to get corporate to add the code. Do you have proximity installed using JScan?

llemoine11

First Name
Landry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sport S 2D
Vehicle Showcase
I already have mine installed and programmed. Asking for others that have been unable to get corporate to add the code. Do you have proximity installed using JScan?
Yeah I was able to get the radio to recognize the Passive Entry...going to buy the parts tonight to test the front driver door...I'll update y'all after I get that done

Sponsored

SuperSafety

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for all this Etch.
Do the back gate first. By far the easiest. Takes 5 minutes.

Etch

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Working on back gate now. Gotta make a tool run. T20 not long enough

Etch

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It didn't work. My radio accepted it, and it recognizes it as being there. Handles are installed and the locks function as they should when activated by the key fob. It's possible I messed up something, I don't have an antenna back there, or something is broken. Without having more parts there's no way to check. I'm going to continue working it and seeing if I can figure it out.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
It didn't work. My radio accepted it, and it recognizes it as being there. Handles are installed and the locks function as they should when activated by the key fob. It's possible I messed up something, I don't have an antenna back there, or something is broken. Without having more parts there's no way to check. I'm going to continue working it and seeing if I can figure it out.
I have a slight feeling it's because you have a Sport, which like you said, could be missing the antenna. I ordered the rear tailgate handle and wiring, so I'll see what happens.

Sponsored

Etch

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do have remote start though, which to my knowledge, should include the antennas. At the very least, the lock button on the handle should work, and it doesn't.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did you just do the tailgate or all three handles/wiring? On the Sport S the tailgate should work without extra wiring besides the jumper. Front doors need extra wiring under the dash. So if tailgate isn't working I'm wondering if the JSan tool is really sending the right info to the control module to work or just a signal to the display to allow checking the passive entry.
From other Sort S successful installs antennas were already factory installed.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Did you just do the tailgate or all three handles/wiring? On the Sport S the tailgate should work without extra wiring besides the jumper. Front doors need extra wiring under the dash. So if tailgate isn't working I'm wondering if the JSan tool is really sending the right info to the control module to work or just a signal to the display to allow checking the passive entry.
From other Sort S successful installs antennas were already factory installed.
Don’t dropkick my hopes. :crying: