Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

llemoine11

First Name
Landry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sport S 2D
Vehicle Showcase
Does the setting for passive entry stay checked? I got to this point as-well with Jscan, but my setting did not stay enabled. This was before the developer did an update.
Yep that's why I wanted to update you guys because I saw that you have it turn up in the radio but it wouldn't stay. Yes it does stay checked and I've reset the vehicle a couple times to make sure so now I'm just waiting for the mailman to get to @Etch house so we can officially confirm that the computer recognizes the setting.
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Yep that's why I wanted to update you guys because I saw that you have it turn up in the radio but it wouldn't stay. Yes it does stay checked and I've reset the vehicle a couple times to make sure so now I'm just waiting for the mailman to get to @Etch house so we can officially confirm that the computer recognizes the setting.
Thanks for keeping us updated. :like:

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped mine off at the dealer today for the clutch recall and discussed the GXD code with them.

I have tried to make it easy, I typed out what they need to do and what I have done so far.

They said theyā€™d give it a go. Since I am heading to Montana for the next week and I told them I wonā€™t be back until then, I donā€™t expect to hear anything back from them too quickly.

Fingers crossed.
Just got a call from my dealer and they got the GXD code added and itā€™s all working!

Said the typed out instructions I provided worked, and just took them a couple quick phone calls and emails.

I canā€™t pick it up until Wednesday as I am out of town with the family.

I do have a good dealer.

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
Just got a call from my dealer and they got the GXD code added and itā€™s all working!

Said the typed out instructions I provided worked, and just took them a couple quick phone calls and emails.

I canā€™t pick it up until Wednesday as I am out of town with the family.

I do have a good dealer.
Could you provide those "typed out instructions"? I'd like to hope to have it done as well.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Could you provide those "typed out instructions"? I'd like to hope to have it done as well.
Yes. Give me a few. Hereā€™s what the Jeep owners site shows under dealer installed items.

5F9A5843-280D-46BC-B48F-1D5FE29397CF.jpeg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
By enable, you mean the handles work?

Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
By enable, you mean the handles work?
I havenā€™t gotten the handles or wiring yet. Before the Jscan update I could get the setting to appear, but it wouldnā€™t stay enabled. Once this new update came out, the setting stayed enabled.

Once someone can confirm everything works, Iā€™ll buy the parts. :LOL:

Etch

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
My parts are here. Waiting on JScan adapters now. Hopefully soon

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I havenā€™t gotten the handles or wiring yet. Before the Jscan update I could get the setting to appear, but it wouldnā€™t stay enabled. Once this new update came out, the setting stayed enabled.

Since enabling the setting & it stays enabled are you getting a DTC for the missing hardware?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Do you need the security bypass cable?