Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I had the proximity entry coded and flashed yesterday. Checked the Locks setting screen and it doesn't have a Passive Entry line on mine.
That’s kinda weird, but it did work in your video, I promise. ;)

You motivated me to begin the long, treacherous journey with my dealer. I called and left the parts manager a message, so we’ll see what comes of that.
Sponsored

Gunner Jr

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
How much are they charging to have the GXD - Remote Proximity Keyless Entry installed?

Gunner Jr

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Now you have me worried. Did I just dream that it worked and I'm still in my dream? Did anyone see it work on my video? Are all of those hippie moments from the sixties catching up with me?
did you install the handles yet or did you just have it reflashed first?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
did you install the handles yet or did you just have it reflashed first?
Service department had me install the handles first because one of their employees had just done it and they worked so they wanted everything done on mine before coming in.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
Now you have me worried. Did I just dream that it worked and I'm still in my dream? Did anyone see it work on my video? Are all of those hippie moments from the sixties catching up with me?
Maybe you just need to scroll down to see it? :fingerscrossed:
Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 3.29.45 PM.png

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you just need to scroll down to see it? :fingerscrossed:
Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 3.29.45 PM.png
Nope, everything fits on one screen but I just got back from driving and checked the settings and it is there now. Must take a little bit of time or a couple of starts to load it.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How much are they charging to have the GXD - Remote Proximity Keyless Entry installed?
Do you mean in put the GXD sales code in the database or flash the computer? Nothing for the regional guy to enter the code. And because I was there for a recall install they just hooked up the computer and let it do the flash while they did the recall. Both were done in about 20 - 25 minutes.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Now if it warms up I'll be taking the doors off until July and will only be able to use it on the swing gate.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well I successfully had the GXD sale code added to my JLU Sport S today. I also asked my dealer to check in to adding codes for my LED fender lights to work without the need for my TAZER. So far they are working but I am still getting a bulb out error in the dash. My daytime running lights are also working at this time. I had only installed the rear gate handle and wiring to make sure that it worked and now that I know it works I will be installing the front handles and wiring this week. Thanks to everyone on this forum who worked on getting this working you are all the best!!

20200506_165517.jpg

20200506_165613.jpg
Let us know how your install goes. Found the swing gate installation was pretty easy and quick. First door took longer as I was learning as I went along (while watching JeepRumler's video). Second door was fairly easy then.
Now onto my next project - taking out the climate control, window/media section and aux/lockers panels to paint the silver and chrome black (wish they were black from the factory like on non-Rubicon models). Then painting the silver interior door handles black.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did both front door harnesses this AM. Took about 45 min for the first door due to the fact I don't have a drill attachment for my 10mm socket. Lot of bolts to manually do :facepalm: and about 30min for the other because I knew what I was doing after the first. Lol I'm ready for the code and flash. Keeping the faith!
Pennsylvania isn't too far from RI (at least the NE part isn't). Maybe Graceme123 dealer can do the code and flash for you.

Sponsored

Gunner Jr

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Do you mean in put the GXD sales code in the database or flash the computer? Nothing for the regional guy to enter the code. And because I was there for a recall install they just hooked up the computer and let it do the flash while they did the recall. Both were done in about 20 - 25 minutes.
Awesome! Im taking in my Jeep tomorrow for an oil change, tire rotation and GXD flash I hope. I still haven't installed the remote proximity so Im not sure if they are actually going to do it.

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
My dealership was willing to do it before I had it installed but I wanted to at least have the swing gate done so that I was able to verify that It was working before I left the dealership. Good luck!!

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
You got lucky!! I was charged for 1.5 hours of labor. I'm not complaining because they told me up front that was what they were going to charge me, they charged their time for making the call and reflashing the computer. I had it done while it was there for a free Jeep wave oil change and rotation.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You got lucky!! I was charged for 1.5 hours of labor. I'm not complaining because they told me up front that was what they were going to charge me, they charged their time for making the call and reflashing the computer. I had it done while it was there for a free Jeep wave oil change and rotation.
My service guy arranged the code entry before I set my appointment because with so many Jeep emp!oyees on modified schedule he didn't want me to come in and wait in case the guy wasn't working that day. I was surprised how quickly they did the flash. The oil change and tire rotation took more time.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Question for those trying to get this install done and have not had success with the dealer service department, I am guessing you tried the dealer where you bought it but they are oblivious to what you are talking about or say no. If so, were they good to work with on the sale or were there problems? Wondering if it is just one side of the dealership that is good to work with or both or none.

I've lucked out with my JL. And for my JK when I lived in Iowa the service manager had a pizza night every three or four weeks for new Jeep owners to ask about their vehicles, about servicing, maintenance, etc. The VW dealer service manager for my new vehicle is very uncooperative, and if I needed my oil changed I would need to show them where the engine is and how to open the hood.
Sponsored