Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I did the hardware install yesterday, and I'm not sure that you need the new door caps. Did you notice a difference in the old caps and the new ones?
Yes you do need the new door handle caps because there’s a magnet in side to ground the system.
Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
i would like to know this too
I would assume if you didn’t do the other side you would have a circuit open/short to ground code because with the sales code added it’s now looking for that handle on all 3 doors.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I did the hardware install yesterday, and I'm not sure that you need the new door caps. Did you notice a difference in the old caps and the new ones?
Let us know how hard it was and if you get it up and running correctly. Thanks.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
It cost $505 altogether with parts and programming. Dealership charged me $90 to program, but that can probably vary based on dealership.
Thanks a bunch. This is really great. I want to do this. Have you had any issues? Any chance you can point me to the post # with all part #s and steps if there is one. No problem if not -I can figure it out.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks a bunch. This is really great. I want to do this. Have you had any issues? Any chance you can point me to the post # with all part #s and steps if there is one. No problem if not -I can figure it out.
Post 222 of this very thread

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Thank you. De _Jeep.. a big thanks for all the details / steps on post 222...

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So are there two harnesses or three needed. Is one needed for the tail gate as well?.. or do you just replace the tailgate handle
See post 222 of this same thread. All parts list is there. Even has links to purchase.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
See post 222 of this same thread. All parts list is there. Even has links to purchase.
Nice. I see that now. Anyone have any Issues with The Tazer installed. Just remove it as before taking to the dealership to code for prox entry.. I guess.

OP
OP

DE_Jeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
No, I saw no difference but just changed them anyway. I did not want any possibilities for it to fail.

Sponsored

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have talked to a number of dealer service managers in my area and all of them tell me that they have no idea of what I am talking about. DE has done a great job of listing out what is needed and even included install videos in this thread. I don't want to invest in the parts until I find a dealer that knows how to do this and agrees to do it. This is the biggest hurdle I believe in making this a reality. I think DE's dealer might be a unicorn and he is lucky to be located close to that one of a kind dealer. If anyone else has success with their local dealer, please share your talking points. Maybe even share who you worked with so they could be a reference for other dealers?? Maybe the service area is the wrong place to talk to??

OP
OP

DE_Jeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
I have talked to a number of dealer service managers in my area and all of them tell me that they have no idea of what I am talking about. DE has done a great job of listing out what is needed and even included install videos in this thread. I don't want to invest in the parts until I find a dealer that knows how to do this and agrees to do it. This is the biggest hurdle I believe in making this a reality. I think DE's dealer might be a unicorn and he is lucky to be located close to that one of a kind dealer. If anyone else has success with their local dealer, please share your talking points. Maybe even share who you worked with so they could be a reference for other dealers?? Maybe the service area is the wrong place to talk to??
The shop foreman was the one who made the phone call if that helps at all. The guy who signed me in was clueless. I just told them I knew it could be done and told them they would need to reach out to Corp.

I got a call saying they could not find the code in their system and I told them that they would not. They said they will continue to find it. I then got a call 30 mins later verifying that the antennas were also installed and they told me they were on hold with Chrysler. About an hour later they had it done.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the parts this morning and will give it a go.

Received order confirmation that the parts will take 3-5 days to ship, with exception of 68299333AE (front door harness) which is on back order with no ETA.

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The shop foreman was the one who made the phone call if that helps at all. The guy who signed me in was clueless. I just told them I knew it could be done and told them they would need to reach out to Corp.

I got a call saying they could not find the code in their system and I told them that they would not. They said they will continue to find it. I then got a call 30 mins later verifying that the antennas were also installed and they told me they were on hold with Chrysler. About an hour later they had it done.
Thanks DE. Everything helps. Once the virus goes away it might be easier to talk face to face with the shop personnel versus over the phone. When someone else is successful with a dealer adding the sales code, please post your experience and any information that may help. This is the biggest hurdle to overcome IMHO.
Sponsored