Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Well hey their sunshine. Just a little ray of sunshine peeking during the apocalypse. Lol. I knew irT was a matter time. When you get time. Please item(s) and part(s) number(s) list first then recap, copy and paste pictures if you have them. Difficult spots. Possible solutions. I would be interested i this undertaking.
See Post#222.
Sponsored

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Yea, looking to see what talking points should be provided to the dealer?

xramonx304

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlUR
So it seems for the Rubicon with keyless remote entry and remote start we would just need the handles with the buttons in the front and for the rear gate and then get the code added and we should be good to go? Or is the harnesses still needed?

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
So it seems for the Rubicon with keyless remote entry and remote start we would just need the handles with the buttons in the front and for the rear gate and then get the code added and we should be good to go? Or is the harnesses still needed?
If that was all that was needed and It was that simple at a reasonable price. I would be 100% in. Any additional confirmation, tips from those that have successfully done this with part #’s, cost for the code at the dealership is greatly appreciated. Thanks to this forum again

xramonx304

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlUR
If that was all that was needed and It was that simple at a reasonable price. I would be 100% in. Any additional confirmation, tips from those that have successfully done this with part #’s, cost for the code at the dealership is greatly appreciated. Thanks to this forum again
They already posted all the part number a few pages back. I'm just wondering if Rubicons need the harnesses or just the door handles with the buttons.

Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
They already posted all the part number a few pages back. I'm just wondering if Rubicons need the harnesses or just the door handles with the buttons.
Me too.. Do we need the harness for the Rubicon, who has successfully done it on a 2018 Rubicon JLU and the total cost including going to the dealership for the code... I just found the part # for the door handles. I think there is more to it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thez06

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe someone else posted this, but how about just removing the doors. Problem solved. LOL

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Maybe someone else posted this, but how about just removing the doors. Problem solved. LOL
You could just leave it unlocked too but that isn't really a solution either.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Ok.. I love the feedback.My doors/top are off April to October... in CA.I get it but what about the other 5 months of the year when the doors/top are on. I can not leave the Jeep unlocked when I just purchased a nice $70 bottle of Bourbon/Whiskey an have a few other stops.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DE_Jeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
The door harnesses are still required.

OP
OP

DE_Jeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
Me too.. Do we need the harness for the Rubicon, who has successfully done it on a 2018 Rubicon JLU and the total cost including going to the dealership for the code... I just found the part # for the door handles. I think there is more to it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
It cost $505 altogether with parts and programming. Dealership charged me $90 to program, but that can probably vary based on dealership.

JeepRumbler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
It cost $505 altogether with parts and programming. Dealership charged me $90 to program, but that can probably vary based on dealership.
I did the hardware install yesterday, and I'm not sure that you need the new door caps. Did you notice a difference in the old caps and the new ones?

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe a dumb question, but is it feasible to only add driver’s side harness and handle? Honestly 95% of the time that is what I’d need so i’d be spending $100ish. Correct?

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
Maybe a dumb question, but is it feasible to only add driver’s side harness and handle? Honestly 95% of the time that is what I’d need so i’d be spending $100ish. Correct?
i would like to know this too
Sponsored