Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

DE_Jeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
As stated in previous thread you want to make sure you already have the antennas needed. Sahara and Rubicon are supposed to already have them if you have keyless entry w/ push to start.

This is what I did along with the videos and resources I used.

Step 1 - swap handles
(Parts Needed: Torx T20)

Follow this video:

rear swing gate has a grommet that needs to be removed to access the T20 screw holding the cap.

Step 2 - remove door panels.
(Tools needed: Torx T20, Torx T30 & plastic pry tool)

PDF
http://www.myjlproject.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Door-Trim-Panel-Removal.pdf

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler CEB1F7D5-1398-4ABD-8A41-5C771126EE6F

Follow this video to remove the panel

Step 3 - remove inner door card
(Tools needed: 10mm socket)

PDF
http://www.myjlproject.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Inner-Door-Plate-Removal.pdf

Remove 9 bolts around perimeter of the plate.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 846C433C-7809-4960-A38A-FD04DF5A30BB

(Pic of all bolts and wires removed)

Roll the window down till you see the bolts holding the window. Remove bolts holding window and tape window up to keep it out of the way.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 57E4BEA7-06C4-4DFB-8876-308BD421528F

Once you have the window up you need to carefully pull the inner card back enough to get to the wire to the door lock and handle. This is the hardest part, you have to lift up slightly to get the bottom out first. You then have to pull down and twist just enough to clear the power window track and actuator.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 444B1763-D4AC-49A3-9C3F-12E9E0F4A7F8

(Tried to get a pic of the track you need to maneuver out)

Once you have the card pulled back enough remove and replace the door harness. This part is pretty self explanatory. Just make sure when you add the handle pigtail it is out of the way of the window path.

Step 4 - put everything back together

Step 5 - rear swing gate jumper
(Tools needed: Plastic pry tool)

Using a pry tool firmly pull the plastic panel off on the rear swing gate

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler E8DC5ED6-B259-4EFA-9FA0-DCF3E6FF59C1
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 05EEF701-22CB-41B3-94DA-8A35E403A0D6

(Pics borrowed from fellow members)

Step 6 - replace power lock harness with new jumper

Step 7 - put plastic panel back on

Step 8 - go to dealer and have them add sales code GXD and program vehicle

Parts List:

DOOR HARNESS

LF door

P/N 68325454AE (w/o BSM)

P/N 68299333AE (w/ BSM)

RF door

P/N 68325461AE (w/o BSM)

P/N 68299332AE (w/ BSM)

Rear Gate Jumper

P/N 68351167AA

HANDLES

Front doors

P/N 68307269AC

rear swing gate

P/N 68309825AC

CAPS

Front door caps

P/N 68307272AD

Rear swing gate

P/N 68309830AC
Sponsored

Last edited:

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I got this successfully working on my 2020 Sahara. All credit goes to dctech and rocket scientist.
clip.
Do you know if a code would be thrown if a person did this to just one or two doors?

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I got this successfully working on my 2020 Sahara. All credit goes to dctech and rocket scientist.

As they stated earlier in the thread the front door harness and handles need to be replaced and a jumper added to the rear gate.

Once all parts were added I brought it to my local dealership and had the code added and programmed for $90.

Anyone looking to do this I do have an extra harness for the front doors(does not have Blind Spot Monitor).
Great news and thank you for the detailed install information. My question is there have been many previous posts on this subject where the dealer would not or could not add the sales code. Is this something your dealer decided to do that is different from all other dealers? Did they offer any advice or information on that subject? We also need to figure out if one could turn this one using the JScan app to see if a dealer is not needed.

Thanks again for the detailed work. Very much appreciated.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
This is awesome! I insisted on getting proximity locks when I ordered our JL, but I am now starting to consider getting JT to pull an Airstream. But silly FCA won't provide the maximum towing capability with proximity locks because the max towing is available only with the Sport, hence no proximity. But the Sport probably won't have the correct wiring harness in the doors, so that will need to be figured out still.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DE_Jeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
Great news and thank you for the detailed install information. My question is there have been many previous posts on this subject where the dealer would not or could not add the sales code. Is this something your dealer decided to do that is different from all other dealers? Did they offer any advice or information on that subject? We also need to figure out if one could turn this one using the JScan app to see if a dealer is not needed.

Thanks again for the detailed work. Very much appreciated.
They had to contact Chrysler to add the code, they could not do it themselves. Basically if they say they can’t do it probably just not willing to make the call.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Awesome work!

One question: The door handles & caps (68307269AC & 68307272AD) are the same part for both left and right sides?

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
They had to contact Chrysler to add the code, they could not do it themselves. Basically if they say they can’t do it probably just not willing to make the call.
Jeff:

Do we have any descriptive information to use when talking to a dealer to say, "I need you to do this with Chrysler Mr. Dealer?"

Is there a name for the code e.g. "The Proxmity Lock Flash," or code "PDQ11."

I'm trying to be armed with this information to first see if I can find a dealer willing to do this before I go out and buy the parts.

Many thanks.

OP
OP

DE_Jeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
Jeff:

Do we have any descriptive information to use when talking to a dealer to say, "I need you to do this with Chrysler Mr. Dealer?"

Is there a name for the code e.g. "The Proxmity Lock Flash," or code "PDQ11."

I'm trying to be armed with this information to first see if I can find a dealer willing to do this before I go out and buy the parts.

Many thanks.
GXD - Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

OP
OP

DE_Jeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
Awesome work!

One question: The door handles & caps (68307269AC & 68307272AD) are the same part for both left and right sides?
Yes, same for both sides

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I got this successfully working on my 2020 Sahara.
This is awesome news, I see a rush on these parts!
This is the one thing that bothers me about my Sahara, and now I may just have to go and buy some parts...
Thanks @DE_Jeep and those who helped you get to this point.

OP
OP

DE_Jeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
This is awesome news, I see a rush on these parts!
This is the one thing that bothers me about my Sahara, and now I may just have to go and buy some parts...
Thanks @DE_Jeep and those who helped you get to this point.
If you need the door harness for the 2 front doors let me know. I have an extra harness for the right and left door I can send to you for $80 shipped.

jtgowins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
So if we have a Sahara, do we just need the handles and caps and not have to worry about removing door panel?

Ozionjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Any clue as o if this will work my JLU Sport S?

It has push start, remote start, and electric everything.

Thanks.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Any idea if this will work I only add the 5th door handle? I don't care about unlocking from the front.
Sponsored