Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Does anyone who built a Sport wiring harness have any extra TERM114 connector pins they'd like to sell? Connector Experts is backordered and they don't have an ETA as to when they will be back in stock. They "hoped" to have them in stock in a few days. I don't need the TERM42C pins.
I used this part number from Mouser: 571-2141114-1 they worked great for me. $1.87 for ten pieces! the shipping took it to around $10 as i recall. The main problem I had was getting a proper crimp that fits inside the connector housing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 2141114-1_SPL
Sponsored

D-Rex

First Name
Dwane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I used this part number from Mouser: 571-2141114-1 they worked great for me. $1.87 for ten pieces! the shipping took it to around $10 as i recall. The main problem I had was getting a proper crimp that fits inside the connector housing.
Thank you sir! I spent hours on Digi-key and Mouser looking at pins and wasn't able to find anything. Obviously I didn't look hard enough. I do have a crimp tool left over from some Arduino projects I worked on.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I have all the parts I need to complete the install. The last question I have before I begin is, my tazer was just delivered also, so it has not been installed either. Should I install and activate the tazer first before installing the proximity parts, or the parts first then tazer, or does it not even matter?

Purplehayes

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I have all the parts I need to complete the install. The last question I have before I begin is, my tazer was just delivered also, so it has not been installed either. Should I install and activate the tazer first before installing the proximity parts, or the parts first then tazer, or does it not even matter?
You can do it how ever you want just make sure you update your tazer before you install.

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Does the Rubicon come with the required door harnesses already installed? The guy on the Youtube installation video I just watched said that it does. Anyone have any insight on this?

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
anyone have a line on harnesses for the doors or even the nismopar connectors?

Rdog

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
So everything was installed and brought to the dealer and had the code added and still not working. I have tried everything under the sun. Does anyone have any last ideas or know anyone in the nyc area who might know how to get them working?

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
So everything was installed and brought to the dealer and had the code added and still not working. I have tried everything under the sun. Does anyone have any last ideas or know anyone in the nyc area who might know how to get them working?
Check out post #1373. Some people found the magnets in their door caps to be reversed. Maybe you got the backwards batch also. Good luck!

Rdog

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Check out post #1373. Some people found the magnets in their door caps to be reversed. Maybe you got the backwards batch also. Good luck!
Thank you but I have also check them and also tried ones from a jeep that works and still not working.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have not read the entire thread yet. Quick question for a 2-door. So both doors and the rear tail gate. How much all-in for all parts and programing? Thanks.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I have not read the entire thread yet. Quick question for a 2-door. So both doors and the rear tail gate. How much all-in for all parts and programing? Thanks.
The full kit is like $450 and @AllMoparParts.com can give you some guidance with shipping more than likely. Then it depends on how you are going to program it. The tazer will program it no problem, or you can take it to your dealer and there is no telling what they will charge to do it.

JeepCpl

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry 80th Anniversary
Was in PM with GreatWhite13 and found out that nismopar has stopped selling their $59 wiring harness for both front doors. Anyone that has a small amount of mechanical abilities could buy a couple of the gate jumpers ($14 each) and with a few feet of wire, make their own harness for the doors. If you want/need with a little looking, you can also find the female crimp ends dirt cheap.
just a thought.

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Hi all. So many posts on this thread! I’m still struggling to find the answer to the rubicon question, but if doing this, do rubicon owners need to also purchase the wire harness? Thanks
Sponsored