Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

AMG-JLWILLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JL) - Willys
Hey All,

Just jumping on to say a big THANK YOU to all the people keeping this forum updated - yesterday I was able to activate the Passive Entry code at dealership on my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JL) - Willys Edition and the passive entry I installed based on this forum worked right away! I wanted to provide some information should it help anyone.

Dealer Information: I wanted to try and have the dealer add the sales code as I don't plan on doing a lot of modding to the JL and I didn't want to buy a third-party product if unnecessary. When I called the dealer, they reached out to their regional sales manager and said it was "impossible to add so don't waste your time". I told them I wanted to try and they agreed to give it a shot. When they took into the shop they let me know the sales code was already there to be added and was easy to do (unsure if Jeep made this easier over the past year or so?). They were all really excited and asked me to email them a list of parts so they could add on their jeep!

* I only installed the Driver's Side Door. I may install more later, but wanted to see if it worked on only one door.

As many stated, I used the parts listed here: https://www.allmoparparts.com/part-ymm/2021-jeep-wrangler-jl-passive-entry-kit.html

A lot of videos out there, but I liked this one for installation help:

I also followed instruction to check the pin layout as described below.

Here was the information someone posted on 15/16 PINs:

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1621699708463

Here was my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JL) - Willys Edition ... so I was all good on the pins for Driver's Side Door.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1621699729990

Thanks again for all your help, YOU ALL ROCK!!! :)
Sponsored

Fasco1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
How much did the dealership charge? It will probably take a year or more before all dealerships are aware or willing to try. I already had the tazer mini JL so I lucked out on that end. It keeps the auto/ start turned off all the time so it won’t shut off when I stop and I don’t have to remember to shut it off every time.

AMG-JLWILLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JL) - Willys
How much did the dealership charge? It will probably take a year or more before all dealerships are aware or willing to try. I already had the tazer mini JL so I lucked out on that end. It keeps the auto/ start turned off all the time so it won’t shut off when I stop and I don’t have to remember to shut it off every time.
Dealer charged $90 to program.

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Have we figured out why some Sport S models have pin 15 and 16 while some don't? Do we know if it's tied to some other feature/option package, year, or phase of the moon?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Just a guess but i think it's the Technology package that includes the wires. My Sport S didn't have either.
Gregj

Sponsored

Fasco1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a guess but i think it's the Technology package that includes the wires. My Sport S didn't have either.
Gregj
What’s in the technology package?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Upgraded instrument cluster, 7 in. radio, Auto Climate Control maybe a few other things.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1622037481306

Gregj

Fasco1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the technology group and the convenience group, but no wires. Not sure if my model is considered an “S” . I thought it was but......

brianwfd133

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Is there any way to increase the distance the passive entry reaches? I have to be about a foot away for it to work.
Thank you to everyone on here. I was able to install the passive entry on my 2021 Sahara Altitude. Thank you!!

Sponsored

Fasco1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any way to increase the distance the passive entry reaches? I have to be about a foot away for it to work.
Thank you to everyone on here. I was able to install the passive entry on my 2021 Sahara Altitude. Thank you!!
I don’t think it’s your distance, it’s probably your grip. I find when I use a full hand grip it works fine. Any other way it can be temperamental. As long as your in reach of the handle it should work

brianwfd133

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I don’t think it’s your distance, it’s probably your grip. I find when I use a full hand grip it works fine. Any other way it can be temperamental. As long as your in reach of the handle it should work
It’s the distance from the key fob. I use a full grab when I grab the door handle. I have to lean in with whichever pocket my key fob is for it to unlock or lock. Just a lot closer than the typical passive entry reach I have had in other vehicles. Dont get me wrong, I love having it now and will certainly live with it haha

Fasco1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s the distance from the key fob. I use a full grab when I grab the door handle. I have to lean in with whichever pocket my key fob is for it to unlock or lock. Just a lot closer than the typical passive entry reach I have had in other vehicles. Dont get me wrong, I love having it now and will certainly live with it haha
you shouldn’t have to, it’s a realistic distance for me. Did you do more than one door? If so is it the same on all doors? Try the other key fob. Maybe there’s an issue with the battery. Lastly, defective handle or cap.

willhayward

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I have a 21 Sahara Altitude as well. Did you have to take it to the dealer to get reprogrammed?

Fasco1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 21 Sahara Altitude as well. Did you have to take it to the dealer to get reprogrammed?
I have heard of one person having luck getting his dealer to reprogram after some persistence, but the tazer JL mini will do it as well as another device. In most cases the dealer knows less about adding proximity than most of the people in this thread.
Sponsored