Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
IDK, might look odd with one gray door handle.
Gregj
Yeah, that's right.... you would really need to replace the rear door handles, too, so the cost might be a wash. I think it was $33 for non-proximity rear door handle, 8 for the cap.

If you went with black, that might not be that noticiable. Or just doing the rear. Just

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
IDK, might look odd with one gray door handle.
Gregj
I rescind my offer. Didn’t think of it that way. I’m still trying to afford the second door parts, I don’t want 5 handles lol

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
Hey fellas,

Where are y'all going to get your parts (door harness, handles, etc) where I am looking says NOT FOR SALE.

Can someone throw me a bone here?

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
FYI, if color matched door handles are your thing - or if you don't mind gloss black vs flat black, the High Altitude color-matched handles are about $65 vs $85 for black (at online parts dealers with good pricing)- so $20 cheaper - and are proximity handles. The caps are a little more $13 vs $9 so a net of about $16 per handle, about $50 for all the handle parts.

Not available in the parts system yet, but the part numbers are. So it may be a while befor you get them. Only colors:

Billet Silver
Granite Crystal
Black
White
Ocean Blue
Hey Tom, question...

I seem to think, base on the Jeep website, that the High Altitude model of JL only comes with proximity door locks, as the vehcile doesn't seem to be offered with the ability to upgrade to them.

Do you think that a reasonable conclusion from this is that colored (other than standard black) handle caps only come with the magnets in them that permit proximity door locks to work, and that there isn't a basic and proximity cap sku for each of the colored handle/cap products, just a proximity one with said magnets?

Thanks.

Sponsored

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Tom, question...

I seem to think, base on the Jeep website, that the High Altitude model of JL only comes with proximity door locks, as the vehcile doesn't seem to be offered with the ability to upgrade to them.

Do you think that a reasonable conclusion from this is that colored (other than standard black) handle caps only come with the magnets in them that permit proximity door locks to work, and that there isn't a basic and proximity cap sku for each of the colored handle/cap products, just a proximity one with said magnets?

Thanks.
The part numbers available show ONLY color matched handles WITH proximity. I could find no part numbers for non-proximity color matched. So, right, HA models come with proximity, standard, so no non-color matched option.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Hey fellas,

Where are y'all going to get your parts (door harness, handles, etc) where I am looking says NOT FOR SALE.

Can someone throw me a bone here?
YMMV with various online part dealers. Allmoparparts.com (also a forum sponsor) has fairly complete parts lists. The most current, up to date (including 2021) will come from FCA Tech Authority - which requires a minimum "subscription"....

That being said, the online parts dealers are not often easy to figure out. Descriptions seem to vary by dealer. Some have the part number and a very basic description - "door handle, left", others more complete. "door handle, proximity, ocean blue, metallic". When I think I have the correct part number I google it looking for a more complete description, to be sure that I have the right one, and order from the best deal with shipping (usually AllMoparParts for my region).

For stuff I am not sure of, or I am planninng a major upgrade, I would work directly with Allmoparparts.com or cough up the $25 for a subscription.

I am in no way affiliated with AllMoparParts, BTW.

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EHS
YMMV with various online part dealers. Allmoparparts.com (also a forum sponsor) has fairly complete parts lists. The most current, up to date (including 2021) will come from FCA Tech Authority - which requires a minimum "subscription"....

That being said, the online parts dealers are not often easy to figure out. Descriptions seem to vary by dealer. Some have the part number and a very basic description - "door handle, left", others more complete. "door handle, proximity, ocean blue, metallic". When I think I have the correct part number I google it looking for a more complete description, to be sure that I have the right one, and order from the best deal with shipping (usually AllMoparParts for my region).

For stuff I am not sure of, or I am planninng a major upgrade, I would work directly with Allmoparparts.com or cough up the $25 for a subscription.

I am in no way affiliated with AllMoparParts, BTW.
Thanks for the feedback @RocketScientist , I will chech out @AllMoparParts.com

On page 1 is a list of parts that @DE_Jeep compiled:

DOOR HARNESS

LF door

P/N 68325454AE (w/o BSM) - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68325454ae

P/N 68299333AE (w/ BSM) - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68299333ae

RF door

P/N 68325461AE (w/o BSM) - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68325461ae

P/N 68299332AE (w/ BSM) - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68299332ae

Rear Gate Jumper

P/N 68351167AA - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-jumper-wiring-68351167aa

HANDLES

Front doors

P/N 68307269AC - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-exterior-door-handle-right-68307269ac

rear swing gate

P/N 68309825AC - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-exterior-door-handle-68309825ac

CAPS

Front door caps

P/N 68307272AD - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-handle-cap-right-68307272ad

Rear swing gate

P/N 68309830AC - https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-handle-cap-68309830ac

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EHS
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler E1FDD288-1251-4DF5-9925-527F34DFD25E

I believe this is everything.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler E1FDD288-1251-4DF5-9925-527F34DFD25E

I believe this is everything.
Hey Matt:

I presume from the above list that you don't wish to enable the passenger's side front door. I say this because I only see a quantity of one on 68307269AC and 68307272AD .

Sponsored

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EHS
Hey Matt:

I presume from the above list that you don't wish to enable the passenger's side front door. I say this because I only see a quantity of one on 68307269AC and 68307272AD .
Thanks, so I’ll need (2) of each of those numbers you just listed. I bought both harnesses to have proximity on each front door.

Last edited:

rdk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I ordered my parts August 28th but looks like allmoparparts is still waiting on a shipment from mopar. I have the 2019 Rubicon Unlimited.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler Order Details

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Hey by the way the “right side” door harness worked fine on my left side..
Not sure what this means by blind spot monitoring, proximity, etc works like a charm.

los Lobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I ordered my parts August 28th but looks like allmoparparts is still waiting on a shipment from mopar. I have the 2019 Rubicon Unlimited.

Order Details.png
I ordered the same part numbers and same quantities on 1 Sep. Hopefully allmoparparts has high enough sales volume to warrant priority fulfillment of their back ordered items.
Sponsored