Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
The new caps are required, they have magnets that make prox work.

Good question on Willys. If it is the same as the Sport S you will need to do additional wiring under the dash per instructions above from JLMOPARMAN. See his explanation on pins in the door connector to see if you need to do the additional work.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored

los Lobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Jason,

I want the set and just sent you a message with contact info.

Let's get in touch so I can provide payment info and a shipping address.

Thanks!!

Please disregard. I jumped the gun and didn't realize these wiring harnesses were for non BSM applications.

Sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

pfregeolle

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR, '18 JLUS
Folks, I can confirm that this can be wired up without replacing the entire door harness. It took me about 20 minutes to run two wires through the door and into the harness on the body side. I am looking for one door cap if anyone has an extra they would like to part with...

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Folks, I can confirm that this can be wired up without replacing the entire door harness. It took me about 20 minutes to run two wires through the door and into the harness on the body side. I am looking for one door cap if anyone has an extra they would like to part with...
Does it hold the factory feel? Any pictures of the install?

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Did you add pins to the OEM connector or add a separate connector for the two wires?
Gregj

pfregeolle

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR, '18 JLUS
Does it hold the factory feel? Any pictures of the install?
I used a factory connector for the door handle that I grabbed from a Chrysler 200 at the junk yard. Then I ran two wires to follow the factory harness directly into the detachable door harness. You would never know it was not there from factory.

pfregeolle

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR, '18 JLUS
Did you add pins to the OEM connector or add a separate connector for the two wires?
Gregj
I added two pins to the door harness, also from the same Chrysler 200.... Lol. I will grab some pictures when there is light out tomorrow.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are there many still waiting for parts to be delivered?

Over on the Gladiator site it appears Sport S have the wiring/pins needed that they don't need to do the special wiring like on JL.

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport

Over on the Gladiator site it appears Sport S have the wiring/pins needed that they don't need to do the special wiring like on JL.
I ordered driver side only for my Sport w/BSM and I haven't heard anything since 7/20 when my status changed from "New" to "In Progress"

Edit: Just contacted them for an update and they said ETA to ship is second week of August

Sponsored

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S

That just means that we JL Sport people have to be more resourceful!! LOL

pfregeolle

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR, '18 JLUS
As promised, here are pictures of the connector that is needed. This connector can be found on nearly any late model FCA vehicle that has proximity entry. My connectors came off of a 2015 Chrysler 200. I simply removed the door panel, ran two lengths of wire through the door, into the wire cover, and then added two pins to the connector on the kick panel side. I spliced the two wires into the connector that plugs into the door handle then put the door panel back on. I used JScan to program everything, and am now waiting for the door handle cap to come in to check everything. JScan shows no codes, so I know it can see the door handle is there.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1EB28055-D167-4A46-BB4C-135F62A7D2FF
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 878AFB4F-A7C1-4799-B501-719D52B542B7