Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

jlgunner2

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
You need to have paid for the VIN license. When you entry into the app, you have to do a simply procedure to recognice the license, as erase all DTC codes, then you will activate the software. Then you have to activate all antennas (all steps previously posted, following the same sequence posted).
It works!
I did pay $18.99. Do u have iOS?
Sponsored

Derek

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-Door
I was wondering because I have iOS and I don’t know if I have the latest update or what but I just downloaded the JSCAN app and it didn’t work on mine
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler C182BF5C-2262-4830-B803-32641D185389

you also need to enable each AP (access point I guess) for each door, I chose CAN, others chose smart switch, don’t know the difference.

Edit: you need to set “passive entry present on/off” to enable, also

jlgunner2

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
C182BF5C-2262-4830-B803-32641D185389.jpeg

you also need to enable each AP (access point I guess) for each door, I chose CAN, others chose smart switch, don’t know the difference.

Edit: you need to set “passive entry present on/off” to enable, also
I turned passive entry on and I don’t see AP1 AP2 etc

Sponsored

Derek

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-Door
I turned passive entry on and I don’t see AP1 AP2 etc
If it’s updated, it should show AP1 AP2 etc even with the feature disabled, check the version in settings (upper right gear), below is mine. If you need to update, just search for it in the App Store and you should see the update button
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler B86F6059-807D-4378-ABF5-F5BCA0396BBF

Etch

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I sent them an email a few days ago asking if it could turn the rear view camera on when turn signal is on like tazer but no response yet. If they can then I'll get it. Not going to pay tazer's $325 for one thing I want.
That doesn't sound like something JScan can do. I'm not the developer so I can't say for certain, but from my limited knowledge in computer programming, JScan sounds like a read/write app and Tazer sounds like it's capable of writing macros.

In other words, JScan finds features coded into the Jeep computer itself and flags them as either True or False (enabled or disabled). These settings are then saved by the computer.

Tazer, on the other hand, is capable of running macros not usually native to the Jeep computer. For example, you can't find the setting anywhere to turn on the rear camera when your turn signal goes on. You can do it manually though. Tazer probably uses this manual switch and links it to another function. This would explain why Tazer must stay plugged in. It's constantly running macros not native to the Jeep computer.

Again, I'm not a dev for either of these companies so I can't say for certain. I'm also not sure how much either dev would confirm for me without feeling like they are divulging trade secrets. This is what makes the most sense to me though.

JRod

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered an OBD adapter and bypass cable from Amazon, and the jumper and door handle for the rear tailgate from Mopar One online (from the first post). The website emailed me within a few hours and said they had to order the pieces to fill my order, but that they should have them in a few days. Going to start with the tailgate, and once that's squared away I'll try and order the door parts and hope they get them in stock soon.

jlgunner2

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Now I’m going to see if it shows up GXD on Mopar.com

Sponsored

jlgunner2

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
If it’s updated, it should show AP1 AP2 etc even with the feature disabled, check the version in settings (upper right gear), below is mine. If you need to update, just search for it in the App Store and you should see the update button
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler B86F6059-807D-4378-ABF5-F5BCA0396BBF
I had the same version but it didn’t work. I removed and downloaded it again and it showed up the same version and it worked!

Etch

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Now I’m going to see if it shows up GXD on Mopar.com
It won't. The system in your car is not linked to Mopar's VIN system. When Mopar adds it, it's stating that it's been installed at a factory level to your car as registered by the VIN number. You doing it by yourself aftermarket doesn't populate their system or authorize that.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It won't. The system in your car is not linked to Mopar's VIN system. When Mopar adds it, it's stating that it's been installed at a factory level to your car as registered by the VIN number. You doing it by yourself aftermarket doesn't populate their system or authorize that.
Actually says it was installed at the dealer level when corporate adds the code.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Great info , I'm in on the Jscan if they can get the tire size / iOS glitch figured out.
Sponsored